No Wonder

Brand New Breeze
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Damn, this schedule is pretty package.” Luhan rubbed the back of his neck, annoyed, as he looked down on a paper on his hand.

 

“Do we have any same class, Hyung?” Tao tried to peak his paper but Luhan just showed his paper to Tao. “We have one..” He muttered, “..out of nine.”

 

“Good.” Luhan simply said and put his paper on his pocket.

 

Tao rolled his eyes at him and then looked to Kris, “Do you have any same class with me?”

 

Kris gestured him to give his paper to him and Tao put his paper on his hand. Kris checked his schedule quickly as already remembered his by now, “One.” He gave the paper back to Tao.

 

“AHH! This is bad!” his shoulder slumped. “How am I supposed to survive?” he said dramatically as he grabbed his hair.

 

Kris and Luhan shook their head at him. They already get used to him being like this. People around the hall turned their head towards him. It was strange for them to see the three guys speaking in foreign language, nonetheless, with loud voice. They whispered among each other, totally curious about the two new guys who walked with Kris. Since Kris was unsurprisingly already popular enough amongst the freshman, especially the girls.

 

But Luhan noticed the stares, not like the other two. He looked around, making sure he made eye contact to each person who stared at them. The girls who stare quickly looked down and avoided his gaze as soon as he made an eye contact with them. Luhan may not have a piercing gaze and poker face like Kris, but his gaze almost as intimidating as him.

 

‘He is looking at us!’’

 

‘Is that Kris’s friends?! What language are they speaking?!’

 

‘Dumb! Don’t make an eye contact with him!’ and can’t you hear?! They are using Chinese.’

 

‘Are you crazy?! He was the one who stared at us!’

 

‘It’s not our fault anyway. They are so good looking! How can you not to stare?!’’

 

‘What? What?! Chinese?! Even that guy with brown hair?!’

 

‘That guy with black hair looks very intimidating! Look at his eyes!’

 

‘SHHH!! Lower your voice! They might hear you!’

 

‘They won’t understand right?! Look! Even Kris is not paying attention at us!’

 

Unfortunately, the three of them (finally for both Kris and Tao) was paying attention to all of the whispering around them, since the whisper was getting louder. Kris tried to ignore it, pretending to be occupied with his phone. Tao was looking at Kris’s phone but also silently asking once in a while about what they were talking. “They speak too fast, Hyung.” Tao whispered low enough to Kris which Kris tried his best to translated what Tao didn’t understand.  

 

*How funny. They think we don’t understand them.* Luhan secretly scoffed in his head. Luhan looked to both of his friend who chose to pretend not listening to them. Meanwhile, Luhan got another plans on his head. He averted his gaze again to the group of girls who still steal glances at them. Slowly, his lips formed a small smirk, still keeping his gaze on the group. It was only last for three seconds before he returned to his usual expression and looked away from them.

The girls gasped in surprise when they caught the scene. Some of them even blushed.

 

“Guys!” Luhan called in a loud voice. Kris and Tao looked up from the phone. “Let’s go. We have a class to attend.” He added, purposely talking in his fluent Korean. Kris and Tao nodded at the oldest guy and followed him.

 

The girls who just gossiped about them watch them with their mouth opened until they vanished from the sight. They were silence. Until one of them decided to speak up first.

 

“They speak Korean.” She finally said. The others nodded.

 

“They understand us.” She spoke again. The others nodded again. Of course, Luhan literally gave them that ‘knowing’ smirk.

 

“Just wish the three of them wouldn’t remember our faces..” she face palmed which immediately agreed by the others. Even thou they were not sure, judging at how intense Luhan’s stare on them earlier.

 

-----

 

The class ended. The three of them were on their way to the cafeteria and decided to check out the various club activities that campus had after this. Kris told them how good the basketball club was. Luhan seemed uninterested meanwhile Tao listened closely about it.

 

“Hyung, how abo—“ Tao was about to ask further but a loud voice suddenly could be heard.

 

“KRIS!”

 

The three of them stopped and looked behind. Hayoung was running towards them while holding her backpack strap tightly. Her hair was a bit messed up as the wind blew into the opposite direction. She stopped just few meters before him as she quickly bent down, putting both of her hands on her knees, as she tried to catch her breath. Kris waited for her. Behind him, Luhan and Tao looked so amused at that girl while

Please log in to read the full chapter