Chapter 3

STIFF -- still working with the title

CHAPTER 3

 

Jessica part :

 

Smile spread across her face when she opened her eyes that morning. She can felt a pair of strong arms hugging her from behind. She felt so safe and secured. There’s butterflies in her stomach when she realized that her love of her life is hugging her to sleep. She can literally felt the hot breath on her neck. Sher really want to turn away and look at her face, but she afraid that it would made her awake. So, she just stayed there and enjoy the warmth. Her hand slowly trace the other arm, slowly feeling the skin. And then she intertwined their fingers together and wondered why it fits much like that. It feels like they are made for each other.

 

Looking back when the first time they met, Jessica never really like Yuri. She was the biggest player she ever met. She really hates her to the guts. She always thought that Yuri maybe knocked her head over something really hard that made her that stupid and full of herself. She just couldn’t stop bothering Jessica. You can literally find Yuri standing in the middle of the school yard screaming her off saying that she is in love with her. She is so embarrassed with that. The teasing won’t come down for a whole month. Sometimes she wondered, what Yuri sees in her that can made her head over heels like that. She’s not perfect at all. All student in school are afraid of her because of her cold personality. Even the teachers also afraid of her. They even give her a title as Ice Princess because of her coldness. But, it means nothing to Yuri. She keeps on trying to have a conversation with her, annoyed her a lot which she found cute and funny sometimes but she won’t ever admitted it. And also to the extend followed her anywhere she goes.

 

At first time Yuri followed her home, she screaming saying that she doesn’t like her and don’t want her to be around. But she also know that it fall to a deaf ear. Yuri will secretly followed her, keeping at a distance to not to annoyed her, and after a while, she just let Yuri followed her home each and every day. And Yuri will always text her saying good night and sweetdreams when she already get into her house. And she did that every single night. I repeat, EVERY.SINGLE.NIGHT. But little did she know, she will always waiting for her text too everytime she steps in her house. Then, every morning, Yuri will stand infront of her house, with a cup of Iced Americano with her hand. She will keeps on insisting until Jessica accept that drink, so she just took it without complaining anymore. After that, she will keep on blabbering until they reached in front of Jessica’s homeroom. Yes yes, Yuri walked her to her class everyday too. After that, they will not meet each other until the end of the day. Yuri is kinda busy person in school, so it’s a miracle if she could appeared on lunch break sometimes.

 

As time goes by, she started to get comfortable with Yuri’s presence. She would not complaining anymore, but still give her a clod shoulder most of the time. For Yuri, it is more than enough that Jessica didn’t yelled at her when she’s around.

 

It all changed when one night, Jessica didn’t get any text from Yuri. She knows that Yuri was following her home that night. Heck, they even walked together now eventhough most of the time, Jessica would say nothing at all and walk in silent. Thinking about that, that night Yuri indeed kinda weird. She kinda quiet all the way and didn’t say anything. And when she reached her home gate, Yuri just smiled a bit and turn around leaving her. At some point, Jessica was thinking maybe Yuri finally feel tired of her and decided to let her go. She thought she will be really happy if this day come, but unfortunately, the feeling there is very uncomfortable. She doesn’t understand what her feeling right then, but she shrugged it off and just went to sleep.

 

At the morning, Yuri didn’t appeared infront of her house. She feel weird without her presence. And she was definitely can’t ignore this nagging feeling inside her chest when she can’t find Yuri in every corner in the school. Fine, she admitted that she’s kind of waiting for Yuri to shows up this morning. After what happened last night, she woke up with this urge in her guts to see Yuri’s face. But she didn’t showed up. Until the end of the day, Yuri still didn’t shows up and she’s really in a bad mood.

 

She was walking in dazed when suddenly somebody just grabbed her to an ally nearby. The hold is so strong that she can’t do anything but to let that person dragged her. She tried to resist but her power can’t matched that person. She can smelled the alcohol from that person’s breath. She wanted to scream out loud but the hand blocked . And then she can feel that the person’s hand started to roam around her body. She tried to struggled again but there’s no use. So she only can cry and pray hard that someone is kind enough to help her when she felt the hand started to travel up to her thigh.

She is already in the point of giving up when she felt the gush of air sipped into her lungs when the hands are removed from her. She sliding down on her knees and was coughing hard. When her breath were stabled enough, she tried to focusing on what really happened and she saw that there’s a body on the floor with someone on top of him beating him out.

 

“No. One. Can. Touch. Her. BASTARD!!!!” each word came with a punch on his face. He was already unconscious when Jessica decide that it has to be stopped.

 

“Yuri-ah..” Jessica voice was so soft but Yuri still can hear that. Her hand was stopping mid-air. She turned around just to find Jessica still on the ground crying and looking so weak.

 

She immediately stopped punching and rushed to Jessica’s side. Yuri cupped Jessica’s face, bringing her close to her and wiping her tears.

 

“I am so sorry, Jessica. I am so sorry for showing up so late. Are you okay? Are you alright? Did he hurt you?” Yuri frantically examined Jessica’s body to makes sure she is alright. She keep on mumbling sorry, holding up her tears when she cupped Jessica’s face again, “I am so sorry, Jessica. I’m so sorry. I’m sorry…”

 

Yes. That person who saved Jessica is Yuri. She couldn’t believe that Yuri is there for her. For the whole day Jessica was wondering why Yuri didn’t showed up in school. But here she is, saving her from some ert in the street, beat them up like that, and say sorry all over as if this is her fault.

 

“Hey, why are you saying sorry? You didn’t do anything wrong, Yuri-ah..” But hell, Jessica was so stunned with her answer. She never thought Yuri will think about that.

 

“No, it is my fault. If I’m not late to come and sent you back home, this will never happen. You will never cry and scared because of that bastard.” Yuri gritted her teeth  remembering that guy trying to molested Jessica. Her Jessica.

“No, you saved me, Yuri-ah. Because of you, I am fine now. I’m just shock, that’s all. I’m really fine.” Jessica hold her hand in her face, trying to sooth her anger down. She can feel something wrong with Yuri. She looked pale and flushed. And her hands feels hot. She tried to look at Yuri’s eyes, but Yuri was looking anywhere but her. Just about Jessica want to ask her, Yuri just collapsed on her. She caught her unguard and because Yuri is bigger than her, they felt on to the ground. She put Yuri’s head on her lap, trying to wake her up with shaing her body, but there’s no respond. She started to get panic, and she just start screaming at the top of her lungs asking for help when Sooyoung, Yuri’s bestfriend pass by. Sooyoung then helped them and bring Yuri to the hospital with extra grumpy. Later she found out from Sooyoung that Yuri was sick and she supposed to be resting at home because of high fever. She’s been sick from the day before and that morning taking a toll making her couldn’t wake up from her bed. But Yuri just being her stubborn self when she forced herself up from the bed just to see Jessica that evening. It is a luck she did that but didn’t bring the fact that Jessica is happy about that. Yuri is sick yet she still push herself to come and see her. Some more protect her from that ert guy.

 

She let out a sigh when Sooyoung said her goodbye. She walked inside the room where Yuri is in. Yuri was there laying down on the bed sleeping peacefully and her hand got wraped with bandage. She put her hand on Yuri’s forehead to check on her fever, it seems that her fever lower down. She then sit beside the bed and look at Yuri’s face.

 

“Why you do that, Yuri-ah? Why you made me feel like this?” Jessica said while caressing her cheek with her hand.

 

 

 

“Sicahh..” a low and husky voice pulled Jessica from her thought.

 

Jessica just smile while pulled her lover’s hand more tight to her body. She really can stay like that for a long time.

 

“Why are you awake? It’s still early.” Said that voice again. “Are you okay, baby?”

There’s her protective girlfriend, starting to worrying her without any reason again. She smiled and felt loved with that.

 

“I’m fine, Yul. I just remember how we met at the first time.” Jessica answered while playing with Yuri’s finger. She just blushed without any reason.

 

“I love you, babe.” Whispered Yuri from behind.

 

“I love you too, Seobang.” And with that, they back to deep slumber in each other arms. With smile on each other face.