Chapter 2

STIFF -- still working with the title

CHAPTER 2

 

The bell of recess rang and both of us know it is time to find Yuri. Sooyoung and I bolted out from classroom really fast and quickly head towards the rooftop. We stop for a while to catch our breath and slowly open the door just to proof that we were right. There she is, sitting in the corner hugging her knees with her head between her knees. We can hear sobbing from her. silently we walked to her and sat down with her in the middle. We wrapped our hand around her. We didn’t dare to say anything. We just sit there quietly waiting her to calm down. After awhile sobs become quite.

“Sica is leaving.” Said Yuri suddenly caught us off guard.

“What do you mean she is leaving?” asked Sooyoung.

“Her parents want to move back to the States. She doesn’t have any choice except to followed. She told me last night after our date.” Yuri seems to hold her tears but failed cause we can hear her voice cracked in the end. “She will be leaving next week.” Yuri exhaled. “What should I do without her, Shane-ah? What should I do?”

There. She can’t hold it anymore. She started to cry again. This time Sooyoung pulled her in her arms, rocking back and forth softly while drawing an invicible circle on her back hoping that can calm her a bit.

I sat there quietly. I just can’t say anything. They are the definition on perfect, you know. You would never find another couple as perfect as them. They made for each other. They’ve been dating 2 years. Based on what Sooyoung told me before, Yuri was a bad girl before she met Jessica. She was a player and always went clubbing everynight.  But after she met Jessica everything changed. She’s been a good girl and start to study hard. She become a responsible person. Sooyoung looked at me while still hugging Yuri as if asking me indirectly what should we do. I just shook my head slowly. As I want to reach Yuri’s back to comfort her, rooftop door burst open. There Jessica standing with a cold face. But after she saw Yuri between Sooyoung arms, her eyes softened. Sooyoung released Yuri and stood up with me. Then we walked to the door while Jessica walked in. As we passed her, I can’t help but said,”Take care of her. I hate seeing her like that.”

We shut the door as we walked out leaving them alone. Just outside the door we met Tiffany. She is Jessica’s bestfirend. I got startled to see her standing there. My body went rigid. I always feels awkward around her. I don’t know why, it just makes me hella awkward everytime she is here. But I admitted, she’s quite cute. I just simply bow at her which she returned it with a small smile. Suddenly Sooyoung dragged us both out from there. Tiffany got so confused with this sudden behavior Sooyoung put up. Well I know already where Sooyoung headed but not her. She just looked like a lost puppy being dragged with a giant. I chuckled to my thought. ‘You need to stop being so cute.’ I said that in my mind ofcourse.

“Where are we going, Soo?” I heard her husky voice that I grew to love. Maybe I didn’t often talking to her, but I liked it when she’s talked with everybody else in every recess we spent together with the rest. That voice is really something I tell you.

“Lapar.” Answered Sooyoung short.

“Huh?” Seriously woman. You really need to stop acting really cute. Her expression now was mixed with cute and confused. I laughed  a little looking her like that. I think she realized that I was laughing because the next thing I know, she tilted her head aside and looking at me with her big round eyes. I froze when I saw her looking at me. I’m afraid that she get mad. But instead of getting mad at me, she showed me her eyesmile. Why I said eyesmile? It’s because her eyes will form a pair of really beautiful crescent moon everytime she smiled or laughed. Damn that eyes. I just can’t take my eyes off her. I guess I really stunned because I didn’t realized that she  is now laughing with her trademarks. Without voice, mouth wide open, and her eyes were missing and instead of clapping because her left hand were being hold by Sooyoung, her right hand do this frantic movements. It just made me smile even more.

“Shane!! You were spacing out!! Yah!!” I was brought back to reality when she touched my hand.

Okay that is weird. I didn’t even realized that we already arrived cafeteria and now sitting in our usual spot. And I don’t even realized too that she’s talking to me. Like right now.. Urghh.. I facepalmed inside my head.

“Ahh Y-yeah.. You saying something?” stupid stupid stupid. I just stuttered. The great Shane stuttered infront of a girl beside Taeyeon. Daebak!! Just kill me already.

“I said this is the first time I saw you laughed. Usually you just smiled. Or even no bother.” She said with her beautiful smile again. Oh God, just kill me already!!!! I scratched the back of my so not itchy neck and smiled nervously.

“By the way, lapar mwoya?” she asked and I just realized that Sooyoung already stand in line for her beloved food. Seriously she always become grumpy if her tummy empty. But, hell , she never feel full.

“Hungry.”

“Huh?”

“Lapar is hungry. It’s my language.” I explained shortly.

“Ahh yeah.. Sometimes I forgot that you are not a Korean. Hehe..” she giggles at her forgetfulness. I just sit there quietly watching her smiles and giggles without any courage to open my mouth afraid I do something stupid again.

“So, you teach Soo and Yuri your language?” Waww… She is really trying to make a conversation with me. I just replied with a nod. Don’t blame me. I just really nervous and haven’t recovered from before. And I still need to maintain my cold demeanor in front of her. “You should teach me too then.”

“Huh?” Seriously SHANE JUNG.. Arghh,, out of thousands words, you just choose that word to reply her. I feel like want to bang my stupid head to the table. But, again, she showed me that beautiful eyes again. Okay maybe it is worth it to being dumb in front of her.

“Did you have some problems with your hearing?” she asked while raised her eyebrow teasingly. I frowned hearing her words. “I just figured that I need to repeat my sentence at least twice so you can understand. You keep on spacing a lot. I thought it’s Jessie’s job.” She continued to explain seeing my expression. She pouted a bit which made me want to pinch her lips. Cut it out Shane!!! Gahh…

Just about I want to reply her, something tugging my left arm. I looked over my shoulder and there she is. Taeyeon was standing there looking at me with her bright eyes. I smiled wide at her.

“Annyeonghaseyo Taeyeon seongsaengnim.” Tiffany greeted her and bowed at her. Taeyeon greeted back and bowed a bit with a small smile.

“Shane, have you eat?” Taeyeon asked when she turned her body towards me.

“Err…. Not hungry?” I answered back hesitantly. I inwardly sigh. I know what will happen next. And I can get a perfect score for that. A loud smack can be heard. She just smacked my forehead hard. And in front of Tiffany. Damn!

“Owwww… Yahh wae???” I asked while rubbing my poor forehead.

“What did I said about skipping meal, Shane?” Oopss.. I can heard stern in her voice. I sighed while looking down. I am not lying when I said I am a shikshin. It just I always skipped lunch at school because the food was just different with my palate. I mean, I love Korean foods. It just I prefer Indonesian foods that Aro and Bi always prepared for me at my place.

“Ga suka makanannyaaaa…..!!” I whined at her while pouting my lips. Tiffany has her eyes bulged out because of my rare aegyo. At that time, Sooyoung already back with a tray full of food.

“Yahh Shane!! Stop with your aegyo. It’s disgusting!!” snapped her and start eating after she greeted Taeyeon.

“But still, Shane, you need to eat even you don’t like the foods. I don’t want you to be sick like last time. Everyone is worrying about you.” She continued while caress my hair softly. I keep my head down to hide my blushed cheeks. I felt giddy with her touch. Tiffany keep observing the bond between us quietly. She heard a lot from other students about our bond but this is the first time she saw it with her own eyes. That means it is the first time too to saw me like this. Having aegyo and blushing and “whipped”.

“But…” My word got cut off when suddenly she shoved a lunch box to me. My eyes wide open to see that lunch box. It has Spongebob in it. Another thing,. I just a huge fans of Spongebob. Keke..

“Arra, that’s why I made this for you.” She said softly with a smile.

I took the box and slowly open the lid with a heavy feeling. I know Taeyeon is a good cook. Heck, Bianca always praised her cooking infront of us everytime we had a family gathering at their place. But that is in Korean food which I purposely avoid in school. My eyes lits up once the lid off.

“Waaaahhhh….” I squealed when I smelled the food. It is my favorite food. It’s a fried rice with cabbage. I don’t know how she can cook this dish, but hell, honestly I am really hungry. I just took the spoon and start to shove the food inside my mouth.

Taeyeon smiled seeing me eating like there is no tomorrow. “Is it really good?” She asked while resting her chin to her palm and watching me with amusement.

“Ennyaaakkk…!!! Sehrioslih mahsidehhh….!!” I said with a mouth full of food.

“Don’t talk with you mouth full, young lady!” I earned a soft slap on my shoulder.

I just grinned at her and swallowed my food. Then I gave her two thumbs up.

“It’s really good Unnie. You learned it from Bi right?” I asked while keep eating with more calm manner now.

She nodded and ruffled my hair. “is it really nice? I afraid you didn’t like it.” Taeyeon said not feeling confident at all.

“Aniya unnie… Jinjja masitta... It really taste like Bi’s cooking. You should learn more. Maybe I will never skipped my lunch anymore.” I said hurriedly while imagine that I can eat her food everyday like this.

Suddenly Sooyoung raised her head from her food and look at my food. Her eyes sparkling and she has this drool in . “Shane… Can I try a bit?”

“Andwae!!” I answered and using my other hand to cover my food.

I didn’t care with her pleading as I keep on gobbled down the food to my system. She keeps on whining about how mean I am for not shared my food and everything, but I didn’t pay any attention to her. Taeyeon and Tiffany chuckled seeing our behavior. She keeps on complaining while I just keep eating  until Yuri and Jessica come to us. I can still see sadness in their eyes, but the way they put a small smile in their face made me do the same too. They sit in front of me and look at me strangely.

“Boh?” I asked with a full mouth.

“You’re gonna choked if you eat like that, Shane.” Yuri said while taking some napkins to wipe my mouth. I just grinned at her while munching my food. She just shook her hear seeing me eating like that. “Sometimes I wonder who is the real shikshin.”

“Yah…” both Sooyoung and I yelled at her.

“But it is true.” Taeyeon in suddenly while holding her laughter. “You eat as the food will run away from you.”

“Yah.. Still Soo is the king of food. I only become a shikshin when there’s food I like.” I said in a stern voice but failed because all of them start to laughed at me. I huffed while crossing my arms looking at them. From the side, I can see Sooyoung sneak around and pull my food from me. I tried to stop her but it is too late. She already had the first bite. I grabbed water from Yuri and open it. Everyone except Taeyeon looking at me weirdly.

“She’s gonna need this.” I said calmly while waiting.

Suddenly we can hear some alien voice. Everyone looked around and found out that Sooyoung wailed at her seat. Hahaha.. You guys should see her face. It was priceless. I shoved the water to her which she gladly took and finished it in a one gulp.

“Seriously. What is that sound? It is horrible.” Someone said.

I turned around and saw Sunny standing with weird face. She is Jessica’s and Tiffany’s best friend. They always go everywhere together just like me, Sooyoung and Yuri.

“It’s Sooyoung. She stole my food which I already said cannot.”

“It’s not a food, dude! I can’t believe you eat that.” Sooyoung keep on fanning her burned tounge.

I just chuckled hearing her statement. She needs to try Bianca’s or Aro’s cooking. I bet she will jumped to the pool as soon as first bite goes in.

“Why is that?” Jessica in.

“I put 10 chilli paddi in it.” Taeyeon explained it to Jessica while I resume eating.

Their eyes all widen hearing Taeyeon’s explanation. I just chuckled and start to eat more faster than before. It make Taeyeon knock my head hard again.

“Stop eating like a pig, Shane.” She said while smiling though. I just ignored her and continue to eat till last bite. After I finished, Taeyeon took the box and pack it inside it place. I stretched my hand to take that box but only to find my hand being slapped by her again. I wonder why she likes to hit me. I stared at her while she just shook her head.

“Let me take care of this. Bell gonna ring soon. You all should go back to your class. I see you tomorrow at lunch again, Shane.” Taeyeon said and stood up.

I followed her get off from our seat. “No its okay, let me.. Wait, you goin’ back now? Wae??” Suddenly I asked with a demanding tone.

“FYI I already finished my time here. Besides, I have a date with Bi. See you around okay? Be good,.” Taeyeon merong-ed at me and pinched my nose softly then walked away after she bid goodbye to the others. I really looked like a puppy that got abandoned by its owner. I frowned when I heard she is going to have a date with Bianca. How I wish I am the one who’s having a date with her. I shook my head when I realized what was I thinking. ‘Shake it off, dude! She is your sister’s girlfriend.’ I thought to myself didn’t aware that Tiffany looking at me curiously.

“Did you always do random stuff like that?” Asked Tiffany out of the blue while we all decide to walk back to our classroom. “And why are you look so close with Taeyeon seongsaengnim? Who is she to you? Is it true with all the rumours between both of you? Is it why you can talked so comfortably with her? And why you called her unnie?” She started to bombarded those questions to me.

“Woah woah woah, chillax will you? Too many questions in a go. You need to breathe.” I said while raising my hands as in hope can stop her asking. I can see her face blushed. I chuckled and nudge her shoulder lightly. “It’s your stop. I’ll answer it next time. Happy studying.” I left her in front of her classroom together with Jessica and Sunny.

Three of us now walking to our classroom in silent.

“I’m gonna skip school for a week. I want to spend my last time with my Sica. You guys can join if you want.” Yuri said suddenly.

Sooyoung and I both exchanged looks.

“Nah.. We don’t want to interrupt you time, Yul. Just spent you time with your baby. This shikshin here gonna be fine with me.” I said calmly.

“Yah.. You yourself are a shiksin too. Shame on you, dude!!” Sooyoung tried to defend herself resulting our usual bickering which made Yuri laughed.

“Hahaha.. How can I spend a week without you guys?” Yuri said while keeps on laughing.

Both of us feel relieved because Yuri laughed like that.

“Well for sure, you are gonna miss us much.” I said confidently while earning a nod from Sooyoung.

“Ofcourse guys. I will miss you guys.”

“Say, Yuri-ah. Where will you go?” Sooyoung asked while munching her chocolate bar. I rolled my eyes seeing her. Seriously, her stomach doesn’t have an end. You can put all the food in the world in her tummy and she still asking more again. Jinjja SHIKSHIN!!! Gahh…

We sat down and prepared our things for the period.

“I’m planning to bring her to Bali.” Yuri answered and with that, our teacher came in and start the History period along with my sighed.

 

I HATE HISTORY!!!!!!

 

 

-------

 

There goes nothing... comment and subcribes guys...

 

TENG KIUUUU.....

 

Btw,... HAPPY TAENY DAY!!!! #believeintaeny