Episode 2: It's Okay, Roommate

On and Off Camera
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So this is a thing I'm going to do from now on. First off I would recap the highlights of whatever happened during the episode, since I think it would be quite short if I don't, and I think there are some scenes that we wonder what really happened at the point the camera wasn't on them, so I think I would be doing that. And to make things clear, yes, this is JackJi fic, but it wouldn't really be JackJi centric anytime soon since the first few episodes don't really have their moments together, so, pardon me if I don't exceed your expectations. Enjoy the read!

 

Their first day hanging out together as a family is quite eventful, I must say.

Since there aren't many ingredients in the kitchen for them to breakfast (or any meal for that matters) for, Se Ho went to his mother's place along with Guk Joo, and the birthday girl, Nana. Yep, today is Nana's 24th birthday and despite Guk Joo not knowing the fact until Se Ho pointed it out, she's singing a birthday song excitedly for her. 

"Happy birthday, to you~"

After a round of birthday song ended, the car was silent for a while, until Guk Joo burst into singing the birthday song for Nana, again. We could safely say she kept singing until they got to Se Ho's mother's apartment. His mother greeted them warmly, even wishing Nana a happy birthday and gave her a birthday present. Not gonna fabricate anything, Guk Joo did look kind of jealous with the affection Se Ho's mother is showering Nana, though it didn't last long, when Se Ho mentioned that her mother is a fan of Guk Joo. 

"Do that 'two bowls' thing,"

"Oh this one?" 

The comedienne immediately shows off some of her cracks and punch lines to her middle aged fan and the older woman laughs, imitating her at the same time. "See, I told you she's a fan," 

After having a hearty home cooked breakfast they packed some of the food home for the other roommates to eat. His mother even gave a little present for Guk Joo and Nana for visiting her and sent them off to their shared house. 

Meanwhile the other roommates, consisting of a very energetic Park Joon Hyung, Lee Dong Wook, Ryohei Otani, Bae Jong-ok and Park Minwoo, went on a historical tour around the neighborhood, along with other random strangers. But that clearly didn't stop Joon Hyung from saying and doing what he wants.

"I really want your antenna," 

"Is this also the origin of Wonderbra?"

"Seonsaengnim, your antenna is really cool,"

Even though the tour guide was pretty good natured and smiles at his every question he can't help but feeling flustered when Joon Hyung asks quite unapropriate question, and of course, Dong Wook would apologise everytime. "I'm sorry, he's always like this," and of course, the rest would just laugh it off. 

As for the other members, Sunny was home upstairs when Young Ji just came home from her schedule, evidently tired because she didn't even wash off her make up yet and her hair is still curled. She probably had a showcase filming earlier before going straight back home. When she got home and saw Sunny is building a Lego Rapunzel house, her fatigue went away almost immediately, quickly beaming her bright gummy smile at the older to join her.

And that was the first time the roommates had seen her 4 dimensional personality. She starts running into her room and brought out a leg massager and offers it to Jong-ok. The veteran actress and the SNSD member couldn't stop hold their laughter when she shows up with the massager, and Sunny said it looks like an oversized boot (A/N I don't know if she really said that but I have to ad lib in this one). And when the maknae runs around in her room yet again to find another random thing to show them Jong-ok and Sunny fell on the couch, clutching their stomach, laughing maniacally. As for Jong-ok, as maniacally as she could.

And of course, since it's Nana's birthday the Roommates planned on making a surprise birthday party for Nana, only that it wasn't really a surprise. They were having dinner together - where Young Ji shows off her 4D side again when she's stuffing her face with the enormous lettuce wrap and her reveals her silent mode laugh - when the plan suddenly pops on the dining table, and Guk Joo came up with a plan for surprising her on her birthday. 

While the other members were planning the surprise Nana rang the doorbell and they had no other option than to let her in. But when she was about to get inside Minwoo closes the door to her face, telling her to go somewhere for another ten minutes. For the love of all the meat and cheese Jackson loves so much, Nana is not that stupid to realise they were planning a surprise party for her, but she's kind enough to act like it was all a surprise for her roommates.

When the preparation is all set and Nana came back to the house, she follows the red arrows on the floor and the stairs, leading to their glass window upstairs. Even though she knew it was a surprise party for her she's still really surprised when she saw her dear roommates dancing around on the courtyard, holding out cards saying 'Nana, happy birthday!'. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter