strange behavior

Passion

WARNING: like a tiny bit of y stuff nothing more than like very mild PG. also swearing

AUTHORS NOTE:

I AM SO SORRY. I can't believe how long its taken me to update- I'm a horrific person. I don't even know if you guys are interested in the story anymore but oh well. I promise my updates will be more frequent- I know where I'm heading with the story and I have a beta to help me along the way! Sorry again guys :/

 

Jimin knows there is something strange about In-Sik.

He’d caught the older boy acting very oddly several times over the last few weeks. The most notable time being the first day they met, when he ran out of class his eyes wide and his face a sickly green. Jimin had followed him of course, after all the new boy was his responsibility, only to find him lying on the floor of the bathroom a mobile phone in hand. He heard a few mumbled words, not enough to make any sense and as soon as Jimin made his presence known, In-Sik had immediately sat up trying to inconspicuously tuck it in his pocket- but failed to noticed that he completely missed it in his flustered state and had rather put it on the floor.

Jimin chose not to mention In-Sik’s rule-breaking use of phones on school grounds but did choose to question In-Sik on his mystery caller, who phoned him back moments after Jimin’s entrance.

“Uh, he’s my brother.” Jimin was comforted by In-Sik’s response, family matters could excuse his rule breaking but he wouldn’t question him further- they’d just met and Jimin assumed it would be far too personal.

Ever since the ‘bathroom incident’, which Jimin has not mentioned again, In-Sik has opened up a fair bit more, and has even told Jimin a few things about himself. He’s 19, but spent a year doing an apprenticeship in the eLab where he learnt how emotions were made and how they were distributed to the public. He’d therefore missed year 11, so he was a year older than the rest of his classmates. He has one younger brother, his mother works at a retirement centre and his father owns a small convenience store. And that’s it.

Whenever Jimin presses for more information, In-Sik goes quiet again. And sometimes, when he thinks Jimin isn’t paying attention- he stare’s at him with a weird look in his eyes. If Jimin didn’t know any better he would say it was fondness, affection even.

In-Sik may be strange, but that isn’t to say Jimin doesn't like him. As Jimin deduces that In-Sik isn’t exactly a people person, the two start eating lunch together, away from Jimin’s usual friendship group- until In-Sik grows more comfortable and confident. When they take their dose of hap-e with their meal, In-Sik smiles, a beautiful gummy smile and Jimin can feel his chest twinge.

His body has been acting strangely ever since In-Sik showed up. Sometimes Jimin’s hands start sweating when the older boys leg brushes his underneath the cafeteria table, his face goes red and his skin all splotchy when he catches In-Sik staring at him and somehow he can feel the heat radiating off of him when he sits next to him, their shoulders barely touching. It worries him, if he continues at this rate he could start showing signs of erratic behavior and elevated happiness- the first signs of madness, as he has been told countless times. But after a little bit of research, Jimin decides to blame it all on hormones, because he most definitely isn’t developing any feelings for In-Sik. Now that would be something to worry about. In-Sik is undoubtedly attractive- and as Jimin has been taught, attraction and then lust are only natural. In fact, teenagers are highly encouraged to explore their uality. It seems almost contradictory to support people engaging in activities with strong ties to organic emotions such as joy, love- passion (Jimin shivers at the very thought of the now outdated words), in a society based of off the suppression of such emotions. But after all, the fundamental purpose in human life is to reproduce. Still, non-heteroual unions are not shunned for how could Somber be a perfect city if discrimination exists? Jimin is one of the few students in his grade yet to participate in such activities, which seem to be rife, particularly on the weekends.

It’s about time he caught up.

And its upon that thought that he decides to invite In-Sik to a party.

 

 

“Um sure, I guess.” Min Yoongi is in way too deep.

Its his 5th week at the high school, meaning its been 5 weeks that he has been supposed to be converting Jimin on to the side of the rebels. But instead, Yoongi is going to a party with him. Apart from the small bathroom incident, which Jimin has (thankfully) forgotten or chosen not to mention again, Yoongi has not done anything to hint that he isn’t a regular student. Or a regular citizen for that matter. And he isn’t quite sure why. Usually after just a week of ‘gardening’ as he likes to call it, he would have planted several doubts in his assignments mind and even begun swapping their e-motions for placebos. But here he is, over a month later and he hasn’t done a single thing. Admittedly, this is his first time actually interacting with one of his assignments rather than observing and controlling from afar, but Yoongi knows it’s more than that. Something about Jimin is making him hold back. Once recruited, Jimin will be given a role amongst the rebels, a role most likely far away from Yoongi, who’s only co-worker is Jungkook. And Yoongi doesn't like the sound of that at all. Why? He asks himself, He’s just another brainwashed conformist. Just like the rest of them. Allowing himself to be force fed complete bull. Being passive, submissive. But no matter how much Yoongi tries to convince himself, he can’t deny what’s staring him right in the face. Something about Park Jimin sets him apart from the rest, makes him different. And Yoongi is determined to figure out what it is.

So he says yes to going to a party- something he would have avoided like the plague in the past. Under the influence of flashing lights, pounding music and alcohol Jimin won’t follow his every move and watch him with wary eyes as he has done these past few weeks. Yoongi isn’t stupid, he knows he isn’t exactly a brilliant actor and Jimin is undoubtedly suspicious. The few times Yoongi has allowed himself to give into his urge to glance at Jimin in class, to his surprise the boy has already been looking at him each time. An almost glazed over look in his eyes, as if he’s been watching for a while. Yoongi’s hoping that he’ll be able to find some opening, a weakness, a sliver of doubt that he can grasp and nurture into growth. Because he doesn’t think he’ll be able to keep up this act much longer, he needs to get both Jimin and himself out of this godforsaken school. He thinks about all of this as he struggles to fall asleep. The night is hot, but the empty space next to him makes Yoongi cold all over. He tries not to go there, not to think about the past, about things that can’t and couldn’t be helped. Instead he thinks about the present, about Jimin. He thinks about his soft hands and warm eyes. His dark hair and rosy cheeks. He thinks about his lips. And then all of a sudden Jimin is there, in his room, in front of his window.

“How did you get here? W-what are you doing here?” Yoongi stutters as Jimin clambers into Yoongi’s bed and nuzzles his face into his neck, curling around his body.

“I missed you. I needed to see you.” Jimin whispers. And then somehow they’re kissing and Jimin’s mouth is so warm and so soft and he’s biting Yoongi’s lip and Yoongi holds back a groan as he runs his fingers through Jimin’s hair and his phone is ringing and-

Yoongi sits up with a start. .

 

A/N:

Aaaand I promise things will start to get more interesting soon just bear with me! sorry for that ty ending and again SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE i was feeling super uninspired and didn't really know where to go with the story- but I'm back on track now.

Please comment any criticisms you have so that I can improve! 

Thanks guys <3