solution

Passion

WARNING: A teency bit of graphic violence, very short and isn't descriptive like at all. But just in case you're super sensitive to that kind of thing watch out!

Yoongi can’t say he doesn’t like pretending. Some part of him misses his old life, well at least certain aspects of it, and his new alias allows him to experience those aspects once more. Yoongi had always enjoyed learning, his favourite classes being craft and language. But after his ‘awakening’, as he liked to refer to his rebellion, he’d been forced to make the transition from learner to teacher- informing those around him of the true horrors that lay within their seemingly idyllic society.

After several failed attempts at dropping clues, hints, ideas, anything that would strike the spark of doubt within Jimin, it became clear that a more direct approach was necessary. And thus, In-Sik was born.

Having monitored Jimin for a considerable amount of time, Yoongi had deduced that he was kind-hearted and good willed, the kind of person who puts everyone around him before himself.

Yoongi hated him. He knows that the most important thing is survival. Your own survival, not that of those around you. What an idiot. He’s going to have to learn the hard way that you can’t trust anyone but yourself. Yoongi would find himself thinking as he watched the boy carry his peers books or stay behind after school to help younger students with their homework.

But the moment Yoongi met Jimin, face to face, he felt the hatred slowly dissolve as he took in the boy before him. He wasn’t anything special- he was almost shorter than Yoongi, with average features and cheeks still chubby with youth. But his seemingly permanent smile was brighter than any he’d seen before- pure warmth seemed to roll off him in waves. Yoongi was mesmerized, caught unawares by the genuineness behind the boys friendliness. It took him several seconds to remember than none of it was real.

After that Yoongi decided to limit eye contact and keep his responses non-verbal. Seeing the confusion and hurt in Jimin’s face caused a pang in his chest, but Yoongi knew it was for the best. His priority was to help Jimin, not befriend him. The time for that could come later. So, the rest of the tour was spent with Jimin speaking enough for the both of them- providing endless trivia on each area of the school. The library, technology centre, design centre, science centre, mathematics centre, language centre- there were so many centres Yoongi was beginning to wonder where all the sides had gone. The tour had ended in the humanities centre at the east end of the school.

Since Yoongi was supposedly in grade 12 and the rest of his year group were away on an excursion, (Yoongi was entering the school in the middle of the term) Jimin had offered to have him sit alongside him in his year 11 history class. He’d simply nodded his head and situated himself in the back left corner of the room- as far away from Jimin as possible.

The lesson begins the same way it always has, the same way Yoongi remembers from when he was still in school. The teacher steps away so that he’s facing the same direction as the students and almost immediately the entire wall at the front of the classroom lights up as a video begins to play and a soft, soothing voice begins to speak.

Mankind’s one consistency. It’s one incurable flaw. War.

Images of horrific violence flash across the screen- a man hanging from a crane, the hook curled around his neck. A woman, no, a girl, soaked in blood, her eyes empty sockets- in her hands, two white balls. An old swimming pool, now drained of water and filled with bodies. Fields and fields of dead soldiers, their once green uniforms now stained with red.

The suffering felt across the earth from the savagery witnessed in World War 3 was greater than any battle before it. One billion dead, a billion more left injured, homeless, purposeless.

But then, a solution.

The images on the screen change to that of a utopia- rolling green hills, vibrant fields of flowers, happy smiling- living people.

If left unchecked, uncontrolled our emotions were too wild- free to run rampant. A single moment of anger is what started the bloodshed that we suffer the consequences of today. A single moment of genius, is what prevents it from happening again.

The screen changes again, this time an image of rows and rows of bottles filled with liquids ranging from each colour on the spectrum.

The e-mote program, is what makes South Korea better. What makes us above the other nations which have fallen into complete disarray. Choi Seung-Hyun recognized the error in human emotion. He found a way to create emotions artificially, thus allowing them to be contained and tamed. We now live in a country at peace, the only of 3 left in the world.

The screen changes for a final time, the last image is the South Korean flag. A wolf in the foreground, a yellow sun behind it, green grass beneath its feet, red blood around its mouth. Its latest kill lies before its feet, a mess of guts and flesh.

But if you look closely, you can see a hint of black hair, a glinting eye.

Please rise for the national anthem.

 

Yoongi feels sick with disgust. His skin has turned a pale green, his hands are clammy and his eyes are b with the threat of tears. He looks around the stark white room, his classmates all wear the same expression. Or rather, his classmates are all expressionless. They are all seemingly unaffected by the blatant propaganda they were just shown. Yoongi can hardly believe he forgot just how extremely brainwashing the things they were taught and shown in school were, he must have been so deeply indoctrinated that he just accepted it. Just like the students around him were now. Just like Park Jimin was.

He stands up abruptly, the sharp scrape of his chair against the linoleum floor interrupting the students perfect rendition of the South Korean anthem. They all look at him, almost synchronized. There is no annoyance on their faces at having been disrupted, no curiosity towards his sudden outburst- just a blank slate.

And Yoongi runs out of the room, racking his brain for the directions to the bathroom Jimin had given him earlier that day. Left, yeah, its left. He slams the bathroom door shut behind him and heaves into the nearest toilet bowl.

A few minutes later, Yoongi is sitting on the cold bathroom tiles, his fingers trembling as he calls the only number saved in his phone.

“Jungkook? Yeah, I don’t think I can do this.” Yoongi’s voice is weak, his throat raw from throwing up.

“I know it’s hard but you have to do it.” The voice at the other end of the line is almost as tired as Yoongi’s.

“But- I don’t think I can pretend to be so submissive, so compliant. Not after everything I know.”

“Yoongi, I don’t know what to say. We both know you can’t back out now. You’re the one who requested this job.”

“I know, its just-“

“Uh, In-Sik?” Yoongi is interrupted by a familiar soft voice. “Are you alright? You looked pretty sick back there.” Yoongi quickly hangs up the phone and swiftly tucks it into his pocket.

“Um. I’m fine, thanks.” Yoongi looks almost as surprised as Jimin at the fact that he finally spoke.

“Thats good to hear.” Jimin smiles his million-dollar smile. “So, who is it you’re talking to? I didn’t mean to eavesdrop or anything, but I promise all I heard was you saying something about not being able to do something after everything you know? I- I’m really sorry, I hate it when people are nosy. It’s so disrespectful and its really no one else business. Oh my goodness- I’m rambling again aren’t I? Everyone is always telling me to stop going on and on about nothing- because who cares right?” Jimin is flustered, his cheeks a rosy pink and his fingers knotted together- for some reason Yoongi finds this change from the happy, confident boy he met that morning to be endearing and he lets out a small laugh. “What is it? Did you take some fun-e?” Jimin looks terribly confused, a small crease in-between his brows. Before Yoongi can answer, his phone starts to vibrate loudly, somehow having made its way out of his pocket and onto the floor. “Who’s Jungkook?”

 

A/N:

And finnaalllyyyy I updated- sorry for the wait! I hope you like this chapter, its again, horrifically unedited... this chapter kind of tried to explain some stuff as a couple of people were confused so I hope I helped clear things up a little bit! Again please leave comments... criticism is welcomed and thanks for reading!