Starting Point

Game Changer
 

His agency may have had a rough start during the first few months but they easily recovered when Song Mino landed a front cover for GQ magazine and ran a stellar profile of him. It got the attention and good reviews and soon after, he had gotten modeling contracts for some of the biggest brand for men’s clothing lines as well as commercial films for a cell phone network and other products. As for his music career, he did get big earnings from royalties for the five songs he composed and produced for other artists. All the songs he produced had topped the chart and were loved by the public. And it was the reason why there’s a growing pressure for him to produce his own album and to perform as an artist on stage. But at the moment, it wasn’t his priority.  At least not yet.

 

Only two years in the business and his name was already included in the list for top tier male celebrities. Aside from being a celebrity, he was also a businessman. He had just recently set up his own clothing line in Gangnam and named it NONA9ON. The products include clothes and accessories with urban and street style.  He planned to open his second branch and expand his business when the right time comes. At the moment, he was focused on appearing the runway and being an ambassador for high end clothing line. He also scored an ad for Calvin Klein's men’s fragrance and had been it's brand ambassador for a year now.

It was an ad for the famous French brand Givenchy that had Seungyoon worked up and exhaust all his connections of people in the business just so his talent, Song Mino can land the advertisement. The truth was, there was another male artist being considered for the ad and he was even more popular than Mino. But Yoon, being the established manager that he was, was willing to move mountains for his only talent. After several negotiations and meetings with the company, he was able to book him his Givenchy ad only to find out that Park Sandara was to appear on the same ad campaign with Song Mino. He knew it was trouble the moment her name was mentioned given her history of men she worked with. No wonder Mino had insisted to be on the project. Who wouldn’t? It was Park Sandara after all.

 

 

Song Mino would be lying if he said that he wasn’t excited when Yoon informed him about the good news. He waited for years for the day to come when he and Sandara Park would meet face to face again.  The entertainment circle is such a small world where you can possibly bump into all the artists the industry had. The moment he learned that the woman he met at a coffee shop three years ago was a famous actress in his country- he was taken a back. He wouldn’t mistake her for an actress though he knew it was possible that she was a model or some kind of a celebrity. What he didn’t expect was that Dara was an A-list actress who had numerous of high rated drama and box office movies in Korea. What kind of  A-list actress would go on a trip alone, without an assistant or an aide for that matter?  He had no inkling that the woman he was hitting on was very famous in Asia and had numerous fans outside of Asia. She didn’t have that celebrity feel or the attitude like some celebrities who made other people in the room feel inferior. Although she can pass as someone who’s uberly rich, he had zero idea she was that popular. He cannot help but feel dumb. How could he missed that information so easily? "Damn" that's all he could utter.

 

And even when he himself was already popular, he waited for the right time to meet her again. With his connections he can even set up a meeting with her anytime he wanted, but he chose not to. He had his priorities and he was preoccupied with work especially when he was in and out of the country for photo shoot and business commitments. He chose the right time when Sandara Park was back after a year of hiatus from the entertainment world. Now that he was a few steps away to be on equal footing with her, he decided it was the best time to re-introduce himself to her. Maybe this time he’ll be able to score.

 

**

“I heard a lot about you” Sandara Park exclaimed while she shook hands with Song Mino who was just formally introduced to her by her manager. They were at the studio for the filming of Givenchy ad.

“Yeah? I hope I did make a good impression” Song Mino smiled as he returned a firm handshake.

“You certainly did” she said it with conviction and followed with a soft chuckle.

“So…..” he exclaimed and suddenly felt awkward because he didn’t know what to say next.

“So……..” came a reply from her sensing awkwardness between them.

He wanted her to remember him but it seemed like she really didn’t remember him. And since it will take another hour before the photo shoot starts with the crew busy preparing the set, he continued with their conversation. The production crew left them alone so they'll be acquainted and be more comfortable once the filming starts.

“You don’t remember me, do you?” he asked.

“I do. “ She said truthfully.  “I watched SMTM and you got into finals. I love ‘Fear’ by the way”

“Really? Thank you”

“I didn’t know you watch hip hop shows, least of all listen to hip hop songs”

"I only watched the semis and the finals. Please don't hate me" Sandara Park looked serious but after a second flashed her mega watt smile.

 “That's fine" He chuckled at first.  You don’t seem the type to watch those shows anyway” he said jokingly.

“And what type of shows do I seem to like to watch?”

“Ummm.. Drama?”

She let out a laugh after hearing him said that.

"Good guess" she answered.

"So you really don't watch hip hop shows? I bet your assistant there told you those information about me joining SMTM4"

"No" 

"Really?"

"Yes, really" came her serious reply.

He held both his hands as a sign of defeat. "Okay. I believe you" 

"Well, that was easy"

"I'm easy to please, you know" he retorted.

And then an awkward silence followed. The conversation started out good but seemed like it reached a dead end.

"Hey, you wanna go for a smoke?" she asked Song Minho.

He was startled that for a split second he thought it wasnt him she was talking to. But then they were the only two people on the corner so he knew it was him she was talking to. "How could this woman be so bold and be so unguarded?" he asked himself. It's not that he hated it, it just felt quite off especially when they were living in a conservative country like Korea where at some point women are looked down and one simple mistake or misbehavior of a celebrity could be deemed as a scandal. 

He comtemplated for a minute on what to say.

"Sure" he replied with a smile. 

And with that, they scoot off to the rooftop three floors above the studio.

 

 

 

"This is going to be a problem" Hoon said, as he scratched his head while he watched the two walk off the studio together.

 Taehyun crossed his arms and smirked  "If we are to believe her history, I think we all know what's next"

"Spotted: S and M getting a little too close for comfort. Where have they been? X.O.X.O" Jinwoo said seriously, unfazed by the fact that he was trying to imitate Gossip Girl's voice over. "I guess I'll be expecting a sh*t load of inquiries in the coming days from our friends then" He added, referring to the press as their friends.

As for Yoon, he can only sigh as they watched the two making their way to the exit door.  He knew Mino had an agenda when he pitched him about the ad campaign.  "He's gonna get ed up"  he said as he shook his head. He was referring to a possible scandal should this news gets out.

As a manager and a friend, Yoon was concerned. They were all concerned especially if it involved Sandara Park.