lost and found

the sury chronicles

 

romance / pg13 / oneshot / warning: stupid use of a 1d song
Junsu kind of knew that it would have been a better idea if he went with his brother on his Eurotrip. But then, the he did not want to be a to him and his future sister-in-law which was why he was now aimlessly wandering around the streets of London – lost, confused and scared because one, his English skills were not exactly up to par and two, someone just snatched his phone.





Junsu kind of knew that it would have been a better idea if he went with his brother on his Eurotrip. But then, the he did not want to be a to him and his future sister-in-law which was why he was now aimlessly wandering around the streets of London – lost, confused and scared because one, his English skills were not exactly up to par and two, someone just snatched his phone. Cursing inwardly, he rested his hands on both knees as he panted. He had already given up on chasing the man who might have thought that his cellphone was worth millions. “Motherer,” he hissed, wiping the sweat off his forehead. “How the hell am I supposed to take selcas now?” he grumbled and started walking away from the crime scene.

Conveniently, he passed by a cellphone store on his way back to his hotel and thanked the heavens for his luck. Junsu was admittedly having a hard time thinking how and where he was going to purchase a new phone. He was not adventurous enough to roam around the city completely clueless. His hotel room was his safe haven and he could not afford to get lost. Not when his older brother, Changmin, was miles away from him and wouldn’t be able to give him help when he asked for it.

“Welcome to Little Things, how may I help you?” A young man with a rather long – and confusing, Junsu noted – hair greeted him as soon as he stepped foot inside the store. The urge to run his fingers through the long locks to fix it was strong.

As soon as the man’s words registered in his mind, he knew he just gave himself another problem. He wanted to cry – internally – and promptly blame his best friend who knew enough English for not teaching him anything and insisting that he’ll be fine because he was with Changmin anyway. “Well where’s Changmin hyung now.” he muttered moodily in his mother tongue.

“Excuse me?”

Well, he thought, that was something he actually understood. Wearing a smile on his face, he took a deep breath and wished himself a good luck. “Uhm,” he said. “Phone... haendeuphoneu... I select...”

The long-haired man looked at him with a frown on his face which was soon replaced with a big smile when it seemed that he got the message. “Ah! You wanted to buy a new cellphone, am I right?”

Junsu nodded enthusiastically, flashing the store worker his megawatt smile. “Yes!”

“I’m Harry.” the man spoke as he ushered him towards the display rack. “I’ll do my best to help you with your needs Sir...”

Junsu stared, not really understanding what Harry was trying to say. Albeit humiliating, he admitted, “Englishie. No Englishie.”

“I kind of figured that.” He stared more as Harry muttered. “Name, sir, what’s your name?”

Perhaps it looked really stupid to look like he was in awe, but he really was feeling that way and hopefully Harry would think it’s cute so he wouldn’t feel too embarrassed for being so helpless. “Kim Junsu.”

“Right, Sir Kim–”

“Junsu!” he corrected his mistake. The fact that he was not in Korea momentarily slipped off his mind. “Name Junsu. Kim no, Junsu yes.”

“Okay, Junsu.” Harry replied, seemingly amused at him. “I don’t think you’re one for formalities so I hope you don’t mind if I call you that.”

Junsu wanted to cry when Harry chuckled. Why was he laughing? Surely he must think he was the most pathetic person he’s ever had the misfortune to meet. He made a mental note to lock himself up in his room for a week, sulk and then study some English when he goes back to Korea. It was just not fair that even in a foreign country, he was made fun of. He’s had enough of his brother and his best friend teaming up to bully him.

“I don’t understand.” he tried in his strongly accented English, looking ever so miserable, and then launched into Korean because it he was so frustrated and he had to let it all out no matter how creeped out he may make Harry feel. “I hate how I want to say something but I can’t because I don’t know how to. All I wanted was a brand new cellphone because I have to talk to Changmin hyung and maybe take some selcas. Now that reminds me of the thousands of selcas stolen from me. Damn it, good thing I don’t save my nudes in there. Yoochun’s going to ing pay for being such a horrible best friend. I’m going to strangle him when I get back I swear to whatever deity he believes in.” he muttered darkly, clenching his fists as he stared right into Harry’s eyes. “This store guy is no help either. He just can’t assume that all foreigners can speak in English because I ing can’t. Not because he’s rather cute doesn’t mean he– what?” he paused, and then blinked. “What the ?”

“Uhm, I hope you’re not cursing me or anything.” Harry piped in, interrupting his monologue. “I’m going to speak slower for you, alright? Does that sound good, Junsu?”

He didn’t know what spell he’s under but the way Harry said his name just sounded so good.

“Good.” he replied although he had no idea what he was agreeing to.

Much to his surprise, Harry grabbed his hand and slipped a black phone in it. “Latest, newest... new, you know new right? New,” he paused to strike a pose, grinning at Junsu. “Model. New model. It already has a sim card and all that.”

So to say, it made Junsu laugh.

“Click click,” he then said, making hand gestures as if he was using a camera. Harry was quick to catch on, unlike him who was a little too slow for his liking. He really had no intention of asking such question but considering how he was not exactly tech savvy – like his father and he guessed it runs in the blood – he just had to. Quite frankly, the only feature he cared about was the camera. It wasn’t that he was a photographer of some sort because while he liked snapping pictures, he only took pictures of himself.

“Oh you mean camera?”

“Yes. Camera. Selca I take.” Suddenly feeling giddy, he did not bother to wait for a reply and proceeded to fiddle with the gadget in hand. He frowned upon opening the device because everything was written in English and it was way too different from his previous one. His frown deepening, he madly tapped his fingers on the screen and tried to look for an icon of a camera. He did find it, but it was the front camera he was looking for in particular. Now if it could magically translate its language into Korean then that would be wonderful and stress free.

Frustration getting the best of him, he pressed his thumb rather hardly against the screen which caused the phone to slip out of his hand and fall off the floor. Harry squeaked, looking absolutely horrified and Junsu could only grin at him sheepishly.

“Let me just teach you.” the still flabbergasted and exasperated store worker carefully took the phone away from him and taught him what to and what not to press. Also, he was taught how to change the language and now everything made sense to him. “Let’s test your camera and take a selfie together, alright?” Harry grinned and help up the phone, an arm slinging around Junsu’s shoulder. “Say cheese!”

Junsu wondered why his heart was beating rapidly then ignored it and the warm and fuzzy feeling as he unconsciously leaned closer against Harry, smiling wide as the latter pressed the shutter.

Only when he was back in his hotel room, fresh from the shower, did he notice his phone lit up. Drying his hair with a towel, he picked it up from his bed and gasped at hisvery  first message that read –


saturday. see you again? – harry


Oddly, he understood it without much difficulty.