First Meeting

Thank You,MAMA 2014!

   It was a week before MAMA 2014 and Song MIno,the rapper for WINNER was sitting in front of his manager with no idea why he alone had been called to see him.His manager looked at him briefly before finally letting him know why he had been called here, "Do you know IU's song 'Friday'?Perking up at the mention of IU,Mino replied, "Who doesn't?",still not understanding what that had to do with anything.

"You  know that there is a male singing part in her song right?"

"Yeah"

"Well,YG suggested to IU that instead of having a male idol sing that part with her,someone should rap instead.

Mino just nodded finally comprehending why he had been called to his manager's office.

His manager went on, "IU immediately agreed and asked YG to suggest someone and he suggested you.

He couldn't resist asking one last question, "How come YG and IU are that close?"

His manager just shrugged, "You know YG,he's trying to persuade IU to join our company when her contract with LOEN ends,Anyway,listen to 'Friday' and come up with your rap.You'll be practicing with her tomorrow."

   Giving him a thumbs-up sign,Mino left the office.He would be meeting IU tomorrow?That should be interesting since it would be their first official meeting.He shook his head to forget about it,he had more important things to do like coming up with a mind blowing rap for 'Friday'.

 


 

  Song Mino waited for IU at the YG training room.Initially, he had assumed he would be heading to LOEN to practice with her but his manager told him that IU wanted to come here.Apparently,she wanted  to see a close friend after their practice session.Was it a close guy friend,he wondered but right at that moment,IU walked in.

  "Hi.Sorry,I know I'm late but traffic was kinda heavy,"Mino nodded as she apologized,indicating that he didn't mind.Then,suddenly,she looked into his eyes and smiled at him.Mino couldn't help but to smile back.Great,it was just their first meeting and he already couldn't resist her smile.

  He decided to introduce himself first and began, "Sunbae-nim..." but was instantly cut off by her. "No need to call me that.We're both the same age.How aout we just speak informally?Is that ok with you?" Mino began to protest, "But you debuted earlier...." bu his voice trailed off when he saw her earnest expression so he caved in and nodded.

  IU smiled sweetly at him before asking him to show her the rap he had prepared.He suggested that she sing first and then he'll rap towards the end of the song.Nodding,IU began to sing and as he listened,Mino's jaw dropped.Even without any music,her voice still sounded amazing.

  After a while,he joined her and began to rap.IU hesitated for a moment before continuing to sing.As she went with the flow,Mino thought that despite just meeting,not only did their voices blend well together but they worked well together too.An hour  quickly passes by without him even realising it.Mino had been having lots of fun practising with IU and teasing each other as they each gave suggestions to improve the performance.It was only when IU pointed out the time and mentioned that she had a lunch date did Mino realize how much time had elapsed.

  Mino waved halfheartedly as she left the training room.They both had agreed that their performance was perfect  and that they didn't need any more practice which meant he wouldn't be seeing her again until MAMA 2014.Suddenly Mino felt really curious as to who she was having lunch with.Was it a guy?

  So he followed her to the cafetaria,feeling both guilty and curious but in the end his curiosity won out.Mino peeked into the cafetaria and when he saw who IU was meeting,he couldn't stop a huge grin from forming on his face.Mino had forgotten that IU was best friends with Yoo In Na who was part of YG.Smiling,he headed back to the training room to practice with WINNER.

 


 

DECEMBER 3 2014

                                  He's probably busy on Monday

                                  Tuesday seems to soon,don't you think?

                                  Wednesday feels kind of awkward

                                  I don't like Thursday for some reason

                                  This Friday

                                  How is this Friday?

 

 

  Mino watched from the side as IU started singing.He was waiting for the part of her song where he would join her and rap.Watching her sing,he couldn't believe that they were both the same age.She seemed so much more mature than her 21 years.Not to mention how ridiculously talented she was.Wasn't she the one who had written and composed this song?He shook his head as he imagined how long it would take him to become as successful as her.

  Listening to her sing about meeting that special someone on Friday,Mino found himself mesmerized by her voice.Now he understood why she was so popular among men especially male idols.Mino glanced at the male idols watching IU perform and sure enough,Suho fron EXO seemed to be enjoying himself throughly.He was grinning like a crazy fanboy while mouthing the lyrics.Hmmm,it seemed like Mino wasn't the only one mesmerised.

  By then,it was time for him to join IU on stage so he forgot about it and made his way towards her while rapping.At the back of his mind,Mino still couldn't believe that out of all the rappers present today,he was the one standing in front of IU right now.He couldn't resist adding some swag to his rapping,hoping that it would attract her atttention.Mino also couldn't resist lightly touching her shoulders to rub it in to all the other male idols watching that it was him,Song Mino who was beside the lovely IU.

  As he stared into her eyes while harmonising,Mino was surprised at how much he was enjoying this.Truthfully,he didn't want this moment to end.Sadly,though end it did but at least he got to high five her.Making his way back to wher all the idols were seated,a huge grin was plastered on his face.

  Watching IU singing her second song,he was once again mesmerized by her amazing voice.At that moment,Jinwoo leaned in and whispered into his ear,"You're backwards crushing on IU." Mino glared at him until Jinwoo laughed and turned away but didn't bother denying it.

  At that moment,Mino realized he had totally underestimated IU's appeal.Maybe performing with her had been a bad idea as she had reeled him in in the span of just one song.After IU had finished singing and was sitting with all the other idols,Mino kept stealing glances at her.Jinwoo was right,he was totally backwards crushing on her.

  How had that even happened?Mino had met so many other female singers who were much ier and hotter than IU but it was she with her sweet and naive looks that had captivated him.He was in trouble all right.How would he win her heart?Mino was a hundred percent sure that he wasn't the only male Korean idol crushing on IU,there were probably a dozen of them at least.

  Mino was alse well aware that Taeyang was her bias in YG but as he watched her subtly,Mino decided that he would change her mind somehow.He,Song Mino made up his mind that he would work hard to become her only male bias and to woo her as well.The wooing part would probably be more complicated since they were both idols but he had felt too much of a connection with her to give up without even trying.That just wasn't in his nature.With his mind made up,Mino finally relaxed,sat back and watched the awards being given and the performances happily while a part of his brain worked overdrive to come up with ideas to woo her.