002 (1/2)

Happiness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At Myungwoo University Hospital

”I call you today to inform you that a new doctor will be joining us soon. He will be working in your department and he is going to replace Chanyeol’s spot in the department. So Chanyeol can be a full anaesthesiologist and maybe train a couple of people.” The chairman of Myungwoo Hospital said. He was sitting with the best surgeon in Korea, Park Chanyeol and Kim Junmyeon. They graduated at Harvard at the age 23 together with flying colours. Top of their class. They were an overachiever that skip grades and graduated with their seniors.

“Okay. What’s his name?” the giant with an elf ear who smile 24 hours, ask.

“Jongin. Kim Jongin. And before you ask, no. I didn’t pick him because he is my son. Like you guys, he is also an overachiever. What differ him from you is that he graduated at 22. At Harvard.” Chanyeol and Junmyeon burst in joy, literally. Shock took over the chairman expression. “I thought you dorks would be complaining. I thought wrong.”

“How could you thought so low of us sir? We’re excited to have him and be our chief. How old is he? Do you have pictures? Is he straight?” the two best friends explode imagining their new chief. Creepy grin plastered to their mouth. And the turn into 2 hormonal teenager talking about their favourite oppa.

“Eww gross stop. You’re talking ‘bout my son.”

------

Jongin’s POV

My dad drops me off meters away from the hospital, it’s all because I, Kim Jongin, the son of Kim KyungKyu, don’t want and unneeded attention thrown at me on my 1st day of working as an official thoracic surgeon. I didn’t get it easy, working here. After graduating at the age of 22 from Harvard, I work at the US before returning to Korea 2 days ago. So no, I didn’t get it easy.

The reason why I decided to go back was because the States are getting boring and I am SO lonely and I miss Korean food and out of all of those things, I miss my parents (but hell no I’m not admitting to that) So here I am, being what I always wanted to be at the age of 24. The only thing I am missing right now is a husband. You read me. A husband. Yeah girls is pretty and all but I am more attracted to a guy. My ual orientation, deal with it.

The gentle breeze of spring hit my face. Flower petals here and there. The beautiful Monday morning. The things that I missed during my stay at the States. I’d always wanted to this, walking to somewhere with someone I love, holding their hands and probably kissing his cheek or lips here and there, not caring about anyone rather than us. A date at the park or a meadow surrounded by beautiful flowers. God knows when that would happen.

In front of Myungwoo University hospital. An enormous building, that’s what comes into Jongin mind as the building came into sight. Sigh, when will I ever finish to tour around the hospital? I could even get lost in here.

The interior design is grand, I think granddad went a little to overboard with the design. I stroll along the corridors, looking at patients wad, special baby place, quarantine, and so much more. Bless my memory to remember all of this. And then I stop. What made stop is a familiar face that I haven’t get the chance to see for a very long time. A face that belongs to a certain head nurse, with a long black hair with strawberry curls.

Slowly I creep behind her, tiptoeing with what I think a creepy face. Slowly till I reach my target and nurse nearby starting to give me looks. When centimetres from the person who is still busy typing on her laptop, I hug her back. And I realise it was a terrible idea because she started to scream bloody murderer and hit me with a file.

“Aunt Miryo it’s me, Jongin.” I said in between hits and screams.

“Jongin?!” Aunt Miryo scream an octave lower. ”You’re lying. My baby isn’t dark and I am sure he isn’t blonde either and on top of that I am ing sure he isn’t ing tan.” She said.

“Huhhhh!” I gasp, her by her, pretending actual

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter