Open Your Eyes

Loose Pages
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title: Open Your Eyes

Pairing: Kai/ Sehun

Rating: PG-13

Warning: a bit of heartache?

Summary: Sehun finds company at the most unexpected times.

Word Count: 900w

Author’s Note: I wrote this last Christmas… It’s not funny that this thing sat for almost a year in my WIP folder.

 

 

                Floating was not as fun as you thought it would be. Maybe it would be different if you are actually a real body, with mass and occupies space, not a cold gust of wind that manifest under certain conditions only. At least that was what Sehun thought. 27 December, 2013, today is the 5th year anniversary of his coma induced slumber, he noted glumly, somehow he was still unable to return into his unconscious body. People came by dozens when he was first admitted into ICU, wrapped with bandages and gauze, the heart machine beeping beside him.

 

 As the days turn weeks and trickles into month, slowly manifesting into years, there were less and less people that visit him. Mom still does though; Sehun reminded himself, remembering that just mere 2 days ago, his mother came bringing his favorite dishes in containers and a slice special fruit cake, the one with extra cherries that the bakery near his school always sold. Mrs Oh, chatted with her unresponsive son while the said boy hovered near the ceiling, a look of longing painted on his face.

 

How long?

 

How long does he have to wait anymore?

 

To go back to his own body?

 

To get on with his life and make up for the lost time?

 

To stop his mother from being sad anymore?

 

                There was a ruckus at the emergency entrance, broken sobs of a middle aged lady and the hushed whispers of comforting words from a man who is probably her husband. A boy around his age was wheeled in the hospital, his face pale in a deathly shade. A garble of medical terms flew around the nurses and doctors so fast that Sehun think he could get a headache if he wasn’t just a wandering soul. Apparently from what he caught on, the boy which name was Jongin, had overdosed himself on sleeping pills and they are going to have to pump his stomach. Sehun found himself praying for the boy to not end up like him.

 

-------

 

“So, back in my days…” Sehun tried hard to not roll his eyes at the old man. Mr Yong was one of the oldest wandering souls around, dating back t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter