Forgive but don't forget

Give the future a chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mark POV

I spend all day long in the hospital, even if she didn’t want to see me I needed to know she was alright

“Mark, I think it’s the best if you go home” Jackson told me when he went out

“No, I will stay here” it was almost midnight

“She doesn’t want to see you…”

“I know, but I can’t be away from her, what if she needs something?”

“I know you love her, but… give her time. You will only stress her and that will affect the baby”

“But… I don’t want to lose her”

“I know, and I hope she understand you, but…it’s going to be difficult”

“I know, and I want to ask you something, please don’t help her…don’t help her to divorce me”

“I… Mark she asked me, I can’t….”

“I don’t want to lose her, my baby. I want to be with her, I want to attend her cravings, I want to be able to see her tummy grow and feel the baby kick, I want to be the first one to carry the baby…”

“Mark, I know what you did was impulsive, and you were angry but… you should have trust her more. She’s the one who loves you the most. She decided to live here, she leave her family, she list everything because of you”

“I know and I regret what I did but I really want to be with her”

“Look… I will help both of you, I can’t assure you I will not help her with the divorce but I will help you to make her understand that you love her”

“Thanks”

We stayed in silence for minutes

“I want to see her; I will not be able to sleep if I don’t see her”

“I’ll go and check if she is asleep”

Jackson entered her room and minutes later he went out

“She’s asleep, you can see her”

“Thanks”

“I will be going, I’ll came back tomorrow”

“Thanks Jackson”

“No problem”

 

I enter her room, it was dark and a little bit cold, I walk to her, she has her hands over her tummy, and I smile at the sight.

We always wanted to have a baby, I always had dream of carrying a baby that was fruit of our love. I always dream of waking up in the middle of the night to satisfy her cravings, to sleep besides her holding the 2 most important persons in my life… her and my baby. And know… all this sh*t happened”

“Babe… I’m sorry… I didn’t trust you enough. I…I can’t live without you, I need you, I want to wake up and see you first thing in the morning, I want to cuddle with you and our baby. I want to go out and buy whatever you crave. Please, just… Comeback to me. I don’t want to lose you. I can’t bear that” I started crying. I never thought something like this could happen, days before we were happy, but I ruined it. And I regret it.

“I won’t pressure you because I don’t want to hurt you or the baby, but I will be here, for whatever you need. I love you, even more than the first day we met…”

I leave her room, I decided to go home and take a shower, and I feel asleep on our bed, even if it was cold and alone without her. I would never get used to this, that’s why I have to fight for her, I have to bring her back to me, and I have to gain her trust and love again.

I woke up the next morning. I change my cloths to something casual. I drove to the hospital, yesterday night before coming home I talked with the doctor, she can leave the hospital today afternoon. But I’m afraid. What if she doesn’t want to come with me? What if she leaves me?

I enter her room and a nurse was checking her.

“Oh. Do I have to step out?”

“No it’s okay, I already finished” she said putting some vitamins on her bedside table

“Make sure to take this before you eat” my wife nods her head

“Is everything fine?” I asked the nurse

“Yes, she will be able to leave today, but for now let her rest”

“Sure, can you tell me the things she can eat and what not? I don’t want to give her something bad for her or the baby”

“I will bring some information for you” she said and went out

“How are you?” I turn to my wife, she was sitting on the bed, she look angelic, maybe the fact she is bearing my child make me feel that I want to protect her more.

“Do not act like you care” she told me in a cold voice, never in my life I hear her speak like that, she was serious but she never talked to me like this.

“I do care. Please. Forgive me.”

“I don’t want to see you, also you don’t have to come in fact I don’t want to see you. I don’t want anything that comes from you. I will send you the divorce as soon as I sign it, and please don’t make it more difficult for me. I want peace; I want to live with my baby in peace. Please”

“No, you have to understand.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter