I ship it

Radioactive

The next day I had to learn about the roles of the members in the teams. Realistically everyone could do everything but each had his or her preferred role.

 

For VIXX, Taek was our leader.

 

As if I hadn’t figured that out already…

 

Jaewhan was the weapon and ammunition specialist.

 

I would not have guessed that in a million years to be perfectly honest…

 

Won was the brute strength of the team.

 

As if he’d be good for anything else… he’s too dumb… haha kidding…

 

Hongbin was Taek’s second in command.

 

Again, that was obvious…

 

Sanghyuk was the technology genius and had a knack for strategy.

 

I knew the kid was smart but I didn’t think he was THAT smart…

 

My role was going to be that of the bait and the retreiver. On the side I was also going to help develop strategy with Sanghyuk.

 

Due to the nature of what we were going to be doing we had to know each other so well that we could pick up on the thoughts of the others without even seeing them. This was why we lived together and it was why we shared rooms. Jaewhan and Sanghyuk had turned part of their room into a workspace and in their spare time developed weapon and gear enhancements. Hongbin and Won were paired up because they balanced each other out well. Hongbin was over-cautious in the field and Won often just went blindly charging in. Taek was the most suited to being by himself but he wasn’t an especially fast runner and his strategy wasn’t amazing. I was going to be paired with him to even out the skills.

 

Taek and I had to know each other inside out.

 

After my lesson on team dynamics I went and found Won. He was hanging out in his room scribbling something down on a piece of cloth. From what I saw they were words but each sentence rhymed and I could tell there was a melody to go with them. When he saw me he put it away so obviously he didn’t want anyone to see it. I didn’t press him on it… whatever it was. Instead I asked him about him and Hongbin again. The last time I’d asked him about their relationship he’d just smiled at me. This time I was hoping for a decent answer.

 

“Hongbin and I have a very special relationship. We’re friends, brothers and teammates but we’re also more than that. He’s my best friend. I love him and though it may not seem like he’s capable of it at times, he loves me too. I know that he does and I trust him absolutely. If I were to be captured or injured, he’s the one I would be betting on to come and bail me out. He doesn’t like to show any of this because it makes him feel vulnerable. He’s worried that if ever anyone were to want to hurt him that they’d hurt me. He’s scared of that. But I know he loves me. Jaewhan and Hyukkie’s relationship is a little different. They’re friends and brothers and well as teammates and they love each other too, but it’s a different sort of love, more familial. Taek is a little different. He’s alone. He is our friend and brother and he’s our leader. He was close to Hongbin before they found Jaewhan, Hyuk and I, but he doesn’t have a partner. It makes him a little lonely sometimes and though he’ll never admit it, he wants one. You have to be that person for him N. You don’t have to be like Hongbin and I, but just be there for him and make sure he knows it. He’s been on his own for so long he might find it hard to adjust and his personality doesn’t exactly whoop at change, just persevere. He’ll come around eventually.”

 

Well that’s a whole lot to take in…

 

“Thanks Won…”

 

Oops that hadn’t meant to slip out… oh well

 

I slunk back to my room and sat on my bed. I thought about what Wonshik had told me. Taek was going to be my partner. He was probably going to be hard to deal with for a while. I had to make sure he knew I was there for him. Thoughts swirled around and around in my head as I stared into the folds of the unmade bedsheets under me. I didn’t notice Taek calling me softly until he shook me gently. I blinked myself out of my thoughts and focused on his face. He had a little crease between his eyebrows and the corners of his mouth were slightly pinched. I could tell he was worried. I shook my head and smiled at him.

 

“What’s up?”

 

“N… it’s time for dinner…”

 

“WHAAAAAAAAAAT? ALREADY? ARE YOU TELLING ME I’VE BEEN SITTING HERE THE WHOLE DAY?”

 

Just then my stomach saw fit to growl and then the hunger pangs hit me. I gasped at the force of them and I could hear Won laughing at me.

 

“OI! WON! DON’T MAKE ME HIT YOU I SWEAR I WILL! …”

 

I grumbled the last insult under my breath and Taek surprised me with a chuckle. I smiled up at him and got up off my bed. He offered me his hand when I wobbled and I took it firmly. He helped me down and we walked out to join the others. Won could barely contain his giggles so I picked up the serving spoon, which was still clean and smacked him over the head with it.

 

“OW!”

 

“I told you I’d hit you… …”

 

At the look on Won’s face, Hongbin burst out laughing. His giggling was so uncontrollable that none of us could help ourselves. Our dorm was full of genuine laughter and we just made it worse for each other. We were all laughing at each other laughing. Even Taek joined in a little bit, his laugher high and sweet.


Eventually it all died down and we dug into the food like we hadn’t eaten in days. Won had to clean up after everyone as punishment for being as Taek put it “an ”. Taek and I sat together at the table in a comfortable silence, Jaewhan and Hyukkie had retreated to their room to work on their newest project. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Hongbin walk up behind Won and give him a hug. Wonshik didn’t even pause, he just continued with his task. They stayed like that for a minute or so and then Hongbin sighed and stepped back. He sat on the counter and they just chatted quietly. It was REALLY cute. Hongbin’s face was relaxed and he had a small smile tugging up the corners of his lips. I was happy for them.