Cooking? Cooking!

Radioactive

A/N~ So I didn't update yesterday... I'm sorry :3 I was a little busy all day and couldn't get around to either writing or posting... to make it up to all I'll move the surprise up to now.

 

For those readers who want to be put into the story a little I can do it. I just need a comment or message or something with the following information:

Character name:

Character age: (not going to be stated - it's more so I have an idea of how your character would behave)

Character personality:

Character likes:

Character dislikes:

Character uality/who they're crushing on: (I have absolutely no problems with writing any sort of uality you can imagine but if you want to be girl attracted to boy or the other way around then the one to use is heteroual, gay is homoual, bi is biual... etc... you get it right?)

Character side: (chaotic - order; so whether they're a badass badie or one of the camp people who eventually come around to the boys)

 

So:

Character name:

Character age:

Character personality:

Character likes:

Character dislikes:

Character uality/whoever they're crushing on:
Character side:

 

 

 

Since this fic is going to be long as f**k I think I can include about 10 people to start, also seeing as most of the time is going to be spent out fighting against the chaotic then you might get more story time if you're chaotic (jus sayin)



ALSO. LAST THING. Thanks to AoiMizuiro, BabyKyuhunnie and yogurt3200 for upvoting. If you guys want to be in the story then I'll try to put you in first :3

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

At Leo’s second signal I jumped backwards down the outside of the crater and rolled to my feet. I waited a good 5 seconds for the people to climb up the sides of the crater and took off at a jog. I made sure they didn’t lose me by shouting all sorts of profanities at them as I ran.

 

It felt great to run again, even if I wasn’t going near my top speed. Slowly but surely I lured our targets from their camp to the trap that Ken and Hyuk had set up. It took FOREVER but eventually I lured the unsuspecting bad guys to the clearing and the trap was sprung. I was fast enough that I managed to avoid it but the people chasing me weren’t so lucky. Their guns had been pulled away by the huge electro magnets the guys had installed. Just like that the other 5 guys emerged from the mounds surrounding the clearing and we all pulled out our guns at exactly the same time. Caught with absolutely no weapons, the people surrendered.

 

We marched them all back to their camp and bound their hands and feet. Once that was done, we put them in the holding cell, AFTER Hyuk and Ken examined it and made sure it would be fine to hold them. Having secured the prisoners and set Ravi as their guard, we set about raiding the camp for supplies. In one of the shelters Hyuk found a working radio and contacted the one at the main camp. He told them everything and by evening A-Pk and DalS arrived with transports and extra guards.

 

Leo told me that they were the two best teams at interrogation and negotiation. The girls stayed for 3 days and we covered them. They had brought extra rations so it wasn’t a problem for us. Time after time one of the girls would take a prisoner with them into one of the shelters and time after time the prisoner would emerge barely able to stand or they would walk out with the girl. The prisoners were arranged according to how they came out. Those that stood tall and walked with the girls were given good food, blankets and were allowed to walk around. Those that emerged barely able to move were tossed unceremoniously back into the prison. The process was repeated over and over through the 3 days. Eventually there were two groups that weren’t changing. The girls took the prison group out into the desert and didn’t come back with them. I thought they’d let them go until I noticed that their guns were lower on ammo then when they’d left. Oh.

 

The girls took the other group back in the transports to the main camp. After they had gone we did a final sweep of the base and moved on. We continued through the area, covering every single inch of it, twice. Since we had found something we had been given orders to comb the entire place for any signs of others and they had extended our mission from 9 days to 18.

 

Having found no sign of any other inhabitants by the 17th day, after going over every inch TWICE, we decided to have a rest day. After setting up the shade over the car I collapsed onto the sand and just lay. Even though the shade, the sun was making my eyes water so i closed them and when that wasn’t enough I threw my arm over my face. I felt tired in my bones. Too many days of not enough sleep and then getting up before sunrise had taken its toll. Won had a similar idea and collapsed down next to me, leaning against the car under the shade. It was way too hot to be out under the sun so the others picked various spots to sit or lie down. Hongbin and Taek were talking quietly, too quietly for me to hear what they were saying but the alternation of Taek’s sweet, high, melodious voice and Hongbin’s rich, deep, soothing one was enough for me to doze off.

 

I woke up to Taek shaking my shoulder. The sun had moved and I was going to get sunburned if I stayed where I was, so I stumbled up with his help and went around to the other side of the car. We sat down next to each other so that we were leaning against the cool metal of the doors. I couldn’t keep my head up and I let it fall against the car as my eyes slipped closed and I fell into unconsciousness.

 

The next time I woke up it was significantly cooler and when I opened my eyes the shadows were much longer. Taek’s sweet voice was buzzing softly next to my head. I lifted my head up from whatever it was resting on and stretched. Looking around I saw that I had been laying on Taek’s shoulder. I yawned and got up working out the stiffness in my muscles. I felt refreshed. Won and the others were packing up the rest of the stuff and I went over to help them. Taek followed behind me and soon we were driving back towards the city. We still had another night in the desert before we got back but I was okay with it.

 

We drove until the city was visible in the distance and by then it was almost completely dark. Taek called a stop and the others practically fell out of the car grumbling. I lithely jumped out and began setting up the camp. I ended up doing most of the wok because the others were tired but I didn’t mind. It was the least I could do to repay them for all they’d done for me.

 

For the first time in the whole mission we were allowed to have a small fire. Jaewhan passed out cups of steaming tea. Everyone looked much more awake and a lot less irritated after the restoring properties of the tea took effect. Since I was still the most awake I offered to make dinner. Taek handed me the supplies bag and I took everything out and set it in front of me so that I could see what I had to work with. There was a variety of dried herbs which smelled divine, there were some strips of dried meat, dried tomatoes, stale bread, and there was also a bag of dried lentils.


I took out the pot which we used for cooking and put some water in it before setting it over the fire. I placed some large-ish flat rocks on one side of the fire and waited for them to heat. The water started to boil around the time that I deemed the rocks hot enough. I cut the bread and placed slices on the rocks. I put the lentils (which had been soaking) into the pot and waited for them to soften. After they were a little softer I put the meat in and when they were almost soft I put the tomatoes in. By this time there was very little water left. I let the pot simmer for a while and made sure the bread wasn’t burning. When I deemed it was ready I put some of the herbs in and stirred them through. When I took the lid off the others crept over, lured by the scent of hot food. I dished everything out. It wasn’t overly amazing but the meat had been salted before it was dried and the dried herbs added a little variety. We each took bread and dunked it into the stew which softened it. Overall it was a pretty good meal. I’m not just saying that… there was absolutely none left in the pot when I went to check. The 6 of us sat back around the small fire with filled stomachs and I could tell the others felt a whole host better. I felt a little twinge of pride and decided that I liked cooking.