Emergency Session: How To Find Out That You Are In Love

Even though at first glance there was a connection between us...I fall for the wrong person

P.O.V: Jung Jinyoung

 

I didn’t really pay attention to my surroundings but only stared out of the window listening to the music in order to get distracted from her. I really tried hard to get her out of my mind, but still images of her face some inches away from Joon’s popped into my head leaving me a huge headache.

I rubbed my temples What would he have done to her, when I didn’t bump into him on purpose? ‘I guess they would have kissed.’ I sighed not aware that I was actually saying it out loud.

Suddenly a small chuckle made me look up. In front of me there was Sandeul standing with a huge grin on his face. ‘Wh-what are you doing here?’ I asked out genuinely confused. Wasn’t I in the car? I thought and as if he could read my thoughts Sandeul responded ‘You get out of it some minutes ago.’

After that he swung his arm around my shoulders and said in a sing sung voice: ‘Hyung-ahhh I’ve told you to watch out, so have fallen for someone on your first day?’ He elbowed me.

‘I don’t. I was just euh thinking about the film that we have watched in class.’ He immediately raised his eyebrow doubting my statement. ‘Sure.’ He stressed this word ‘Which class?’

‘Spanish’ I responded instantly without thinking. Sandeul then formed an O-shape with his mouth. ‘Oh now I get that, so you think I am dumb? You don’t even attend Spanish classes.’ Aish he got me, I really should have thought about my answer I scolded myself mentally.

'Who said that?’ I asked in a casual tone. Maybe he would believe me, when I acted calmly; I mean we didn’t go to the same High school until now.

‘Para de mentir mi amigo.’ My mouth dropped hearing those foreign words coming out of his mouth. ‘Si..si.’ I stuttered He asked me if I was fine right?

But when Sandeul burst out laughing I got the answer to my question Okay so he was asking me something completely different. ‘Hahahaha~~~that was just epic…hahaha~~ Hyung just for your information, I’ve asked you to stop lying and you said yes.’ He wiped away a tear and shocked his head and then started to laugh again.

I guess now is the moment when I should try to get away from him I thought and quickly ran off to the big entrance door and shut it when I was inside. I heard Sandeul yelling at me, but just went to the living room.


‘Wae? Waeyo you obviously love Shin Ji Hyun, why haven’t you told her?’ I heard Yunmi whining.

‘Yah, why can’t you guys finally stop saying that I love Ji Hyun?’ I yelled at her and stormed into the living room just to see Yunmi with tissues in her hand and red puffy eyes in front of the TV. Oh so she was actually watching a drama, aish today you don’t really act smart Jinyoung. I facepalmed myself.

‘Who, who said you would love Shin Ji Hyun?’ She sniffed but then she suddenly had an outburst of laughter ‘So you are…are you by any chance in love with a character from a drama?’ She said between laughter. After some seconds she slowly calmed down shaking her head in disbelief ‘You’re really too much into it.’ She scoffed.

For a moment it remained silent in this room but when my brain slowly absorbed her words I yelled at her ‘What?! Who’s the one sitting in front of this drama crying and yelling like a crazy woman?’

‘Yeah but I don’t fall for the scheduler.’ She responded, she scratched her chin ‘But I have to admit that he’s quite handsome.’ She said nodding.

I rolled my eyes Why didn’t I just leave, this conversation didn’t lead to anything.

‘Ani-ani-aniyo Jinyoung Hyung is not in love with Shin Ji Hyun from 49 days but he has fallen for Ji Hyun the popular girl that everyone loves in our school.’ I turned my head shocked by Sandeul’s figure in front of me.

How? ‘Here.’ He threw the key to our entrance door ‘You once told me where it is hidden in case that you wouldn’t be at home when I came here.’

‘Ahhh Sandeul!’ Yunmi beamed and gave him a big hug. ‘It has been ages since we met, so you said my cousin actually has shown interest to a girl?’ She jumped in delight.
 

------------------------

 

I didn’t know how I actually ended up at the huge dining table with five curious pairs of eyes looking at me as if I was some stranger. ‘So yeah well.’ I scratched my head. I didn’t really feel comfortable at all.

'Oh come on, come to the point. So you like her?’ Baro threw his hands in the air. He has never been patient

‘Why did you guys call them again?’ I asked Sandeul and Yunmi who thought that this would be a good occasion to call all of B1A4 to an emergency session.

‘That’s the first time you actually showed some interest to a girl, actually I already thought that you might be gay, so of course they need to know.’ Yunmi chewed on a pancake.

‘What? You thought I would be gay?’ My mouth dropped ‘Well you like cute stuffs, you refused every girl that confessed to you.’ She pointed with her fork in front of me. ‘Just because they weren’t my type doesn’t mean that I am gay.’- ‘Well there has been almost every kind of girl confessing to you so..’

‘So could we guys focus to the real story…I mean so do you like Ji Hyun or not?’ CNU cut her off before it would end into a quarrel between us.

‘I don’t know.’ I said biting my lips ‘What does it mean you don’t know?’ CNU asked confused. ‘Well I…I have never been in love so how do you expect me to know whether I have fallen for someone or not.’

They all blinked confused and then burst out in laughter in unison, CNU, Gongchan and Yunmi buried their heads in their arms and Sandeul and Baro almost felt from their seat. ‘Okay I see how much you guys enjoy that.’ I frowned.

After what seemed like ages they finally calmed down, Gongchan finally raised his arm and said ‘Okay so what we need to do is to find out whether you love Ji Hyun-Noona or not. First.’ He raised one finger ‘Hmm…do you feel flustered when you are around her. I mean is your heart racing very fast when you are very close to her?’

I thought about it for a moment ‘Well not every single moment, still there were some moments when this was the case.’ I answered honestly. ‘Hmm so we count that as a yes or no?’ He asked his fellows.

‘We tick the ‘in between option’’ Yunmi decided and wrote something down.

‘Second. Do you feel physically attracted to her? Do you feel the urge to kiss her the whole time?’ Baro asked, hearing his statement CNU who sat beside him hit his head. ‘Yay love is not all about lust, this kind of attraction is superficial based on instant chemistry rather than genuine caring.’ He scolded the younger who rubbed his head.

‘Aish you know I am not that smart in chemistry and besides in dramas the two characters always end up kissing every single moment right?’ Baro said in a defensive tone.

‘That’s why kids like you shouldn’t watch dramas. Let’s just skip him. So are you more yourself when you are with her than with anybody else?’ Yunmi questioned me.

‘More myself? I don’t think so I treat her like wait euh I kind of like teasing her’ I said, Yunmi nodded hearing my answer. ‘This time it’s a yes, I mean around her you don’t have to play your Prince Charming.’ She grinned.

'Wait I am not playing Prince Charming, I truly like to be polite and friendly. You guys make it sound as if I am the complete opposite of a nice guy.’ I stated.

‘Well you are quite violent.’ Yunmi said. ‘You easily lose your temper.’ The maknae added. ‘You sometimes don’t care about our feelings.’ Baro joined in ‘Okay you guys really like making me feel miserable right?’ ‘No we are only here to tell you something you apparently don’t know, because we loooovvveeee you.’ Sandeul formed a heart with his hands. I rolled my eyes by his sudden confession they really enjoy that situation I buried my head in my arms in frustration.

 

----------------------

 

After a long interrogation which lasted several hours they finally came to the conclusion that I may have fallen for Ji Hyun. I was really asking myself if one of them actually knew what they have been talking about all this time; I mean I would have come to the same conclusion without making this stupid test.

‘So what do we do now, we are not better than before.’ Gongchan whined.

‘Let’s just say he is in love!’ Baro said to the fellows. ‘No, give me at least a good reason why?’ I objected. ‘Because if you are in love with her this whole emergency session was not pointless.’ He responded, obviously proud of his answer.

 Before I could say that this was one of the most stupid reasons I’ve ever heard Sandeul beamed: ‘That sounds quite logical. Okay so voting, who thinks he’s in love?’ Sandeul raised his hand.

After some seconds five arms were in the air. ‘So here’s the result you are in love.’ Yunmi congratulated me and all of them clapped. I shocked my head ‘This is just too weird. I’m off.’

‘No way!’ Before I could leave the room I was surrounded by them. Now they really act as if  I would be a criminal, first the interrogation now that?

‘You are going to court her.’ Yunmi bored her finger into my chest. I moved her hand away and responded in a slightly disappointed voice ‘Even if I want to, she already loves someone else.’ She looks so happy whenever she is around Joon. I looked down why do I feel so heartbroken?

‘So she is taken?’ Yunmi asked with a very disappointed face.

‘No actually everyone knows that Ji Hyun has turned down every boy who confessed to her, because she has a major crush on her childhood friend Joon, but he is a big player, so they are officially not dating.’ Sandeul explained her the situation.

‘Oh well then you only have to show her that you are better than this Joon.’ She shrugged ‘Hooray there is still hope that I can see my beloved cousin dating someone.’ She jumped up and down.

'Well I don’t think his chances are really high, I mean she turned down a lot and I mean really a lot of boys, plus if Joon confessed to her, Jinyoung is out of the game.’ Baro stated the truth.

‘Let’s kick him out of this house.’ Yunmi frowned at him. ‘Wae I am only weighing his chances.’ He raised his hands in defense.

‘He is right, Ji Hyun likes him a lot, so I don’t see the reason why I should try to court her.’ I agreed with Baro.

‘No. She may think that she’s in love with him, but she may give up sonly when she finally realizes that he’s a big jerk. At this time you have to be by her side.’ Sandeul pointed out.

‘But what if she doesn’t even like me that way?’ I questioned his plan. ‘Hmm so the first thing we should do is to see if she is attracted to you.’ CNU said. ‘And how do I find that out, do I have to go to her and ask hey do you like me?’I scoffed.

‘Quite a lots of girls like you. She may have already fallen for you.’ Yunmi cheered me up. ‘Well but we kind of had an argument today.’  I lowered my head. ‘Argument?! At this state?’ Gongchan yelled.

'Well I kind of left her alone without biding goodbye when she told me that I shouldn’t ask girls straightforward why they like someone especially not when we are not close, I don’t know I was somehow upset when she assumed that we aren’t close. After that I bumped into Joon on purpose when he was about to kiss her, I guess she’s really pissed off.’

‘Wow I think you really like her.’ CNU patted me on my back. Unfortunately I am slowly aware of that I thought and sighed.

'If she genuinely cares about you she will be the one who apologize.’ Yunmi said making every boy in this room look at her confused. ‘I mean she will probably apologize to make you talk to her again, so until then you should ignore her to see how she reacts when you are not there for her.’             

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: So I finally got the time to update my story :D ~~ sorry that it took me quite a while. I really tried my hardest and honestly speaking this chapter made my brain burn >_<* So I hope you guys have enjoyed it :) Thanks for your love, subscribe & comment <3

its_an_asian_thing