Coffee for two

Midnight Wishes

Hoseok worked during the late hours of the night with the bitter smell of cocoa being the familiar scent of the person he was longing. He hoped that one day he would come by the door and it would be like it was before.

But no, he was gone. Forever in the wind and across the stars. The only piece Hoseok had of him was an empty space in his heart.

“One Caramel Machiatto!” his co-worker would say.

It was his favorite drink.

“Coming right up!” Hoseok would reply cheerfully.

His lover would ask him to make it, saying it was the best drink he ever made. “I loved your Machiattos, Hobi.”

His heart ached.

“One Caramel Machiatto for….” He looked at the name of the person written on the drink.

Half hoping that the name read

Kim Taehyung.

“Min Yoongi?” But unfortunately, it wasn’t.

“Yeah..” The customer said monotonously.

Hoseok gave him the most friendly smile he could muster. “Enjoy your drink Yoongi!”

His skin as pale as the moon and his eyes as lonely as the night, Hoseok could sense the same sadness in solitude in Yoongi.

“Thanks..” was what the customer said and then left only to come again once in a while.  And instead of expecting the name Kim Taehyung, he’d surprisingly spout the name Min Yoongi as if it were the most natural thing in the world.

“One Caramel Machiatto for Min Yoongi?”

“Thanks Hoseok!” He’d reply with that same melancholic smile.

“Enjoy your drink!” And Hoseok would give him the same rehearsed friendly smile he always gave the customers.