Ashes and Desires

Midnight Wishes

Puffs of smoke came out of Yoongi’s mouth as if they were clouds in the sky.

His pale white skin looked lighter in the fall night.

He looked like a beautiful white entity as he stood on his balcony admiring the city scape that was painted before him.

His eyes stared into infinity, feeling the bare space of his reality.

His reality was not as empty as it was now.

He once felt warmth during the four seasons of the year.

A bright cheeky smile filled his world and a presence with child-like wonder filled every inch of his body.

“Jimin.” The familiar name that came out of his mouth.

“Yoongi hyung.” The boy would say right back.

They would watch the city scape together. The blurred neon lights and the crystal-like buildings that painted their view. They would admire it and stare into infinity, holding each other’s hands like they would never let go.

The harsh reality came to Yoongi and he was forced to face this universe alone. The grey ashes that fell on the stick reminded him of their non existent future falling from his grasp.

With one more puff, he reached out his hand, hoping someone would hold it once more. But alas, it was but a puff of smoke.

An illusion made from his desires.