Idiots

P(a)wned

“Keeeey?” Jinki called as he opened the fridge, peering inside, hoping to find his new little friend there.

 

He had been searching throughout his way to the kitchen and dining room, but he still couldn’t spot the little thing. It’s not like his house was really huge or what, it’s just that the white cat was so small, he assumed it could fit into any space between the furniture.

 

Suddenly a crash was heard from upstairs, soon followed by his dog’s loud barks. Jinki’s eyes bulged as he cursed under his breath. Jjong was the first thing that came to his mind when he couldn’t find Key on his bed earlier, so why the hell didn’t he searched him in his own room instead??

 

He made long strides to the stairs, leaving the fridge open. He was already sweating the moment he reached the second floor. It looked like the trip through the hallway was unusually really time-consuming. Jinki kept on praying that people’s saying about cat having nine lives was true, so Key would still have eight of them with him when he reached his bedroom. The sounds were becoming clearer as he got closer to the door. Jjong’s barks were still pretty much audible, and now it’s time for the poor cat’s mews resounding through the corridor.

 

The door was slammed open, Jinki’s hands reacted fast to switch on the light. That was when he realized that his room now was a total mess.

 

Jinki’s mouth was agape as he took in the sight before him. Astonishment snatched his attention from the cat and dog which was running around the room. The papers on his desk were laying everywhere, his expensive bedside lamp had situated ridiculously far from its proper place, his pillows were on the floor with the yellow pillowcase ripped open, and it wasn’t even a quarter of the disaster. His eyes landed near his feet, and there was an expression of pure horror adorning his face as soon as he distinguished the figure on the floor. His favorite plush doll, his sweet Chicken Little, was staring up at him with one of its eye button popping out from its head. Jinki’s hand reached down to lift the damaged doll, his arms shaking and his orbs gleaming with tears that threatened to fall as he fixed his Chicken Little’s glasses position.

 

Fortunately, he was immediately snapped off from his reverie when Jjong made a loud growl. Jinki released his hold from the plush doll, seeing that Jjong had finally trapped the struggling Key under him. One of his front legs pinned Key’s tail so the cat couldn’t make a run anymore, and his other leg shoved Key’s body down to the floor.

 

“Jjong, let go of him!!” Jinki quickly jumped into the scene, he flung his arms to Jjong’s sides, trying to use his forearms to lift the dog. “ you’re heavy- JJONG! NO!! Don’t squash its face!!”

 

It proved that Jinki was not a good trainer for his dog because it seemed like his commands of ‘sit’ he’d shouted several times at Jjong wasn’t doing anything good at all. The dog just kept on toying with Key’s small frame while the cat kept flailing its legs to scratch on Jjong’s face as it growled above him. Jinki furiously inhaled a deep breath before he sneaked his arms under Jjong’s body again and pulled him off of Key. Jjong took his front legs back, and that was when Key used the time to escape from the canine’s rage.

 

However, Key was still on his panic state. All he could see through his fear-filled eyes then was only his savior, the man who had picked him from the cruel life on street, who had provided him milk and shelter and all those kind of things that make him feel all the safeness and warmness inside. And so he strode fast toward his new owner.

 

Jjong was thrashing around in Jinki’s hold, so he had no other options but to let go of him. He was still regaining his composure when all of a sudden he saw Key jumping onto his waist before sneaking inside his loose shirt. Jinki didn’t have enough time to let out a surprised shriek, as Jjong’s sharp instinct told him to go after the feline..

 

..which was currently hiding beneath his shirt.

 

 

Jinki’s house was sure too noisy on that morning.

 

*          *          *

 

Jjong was sitting on the leather couch in the living room, his eyes following Jinki who had been walking back and forth in the middle of the room. He crossed his arms in front of his chest, his eyebrows knitted together, and sometimes he would stop in front of him and heaved a sigh, as if searching the perfect words to spill out his disappointment. He pretty much resembled a father who’s trying to scold his child without letting the anger took over him. Jjong let out a whimper, wearing an innocent face and faking his teary orbs, hoping it would work on his fuming owner. But apparently not this time, as he was cut short when Jinki stopped pacing and glared at him instead.

 

In the meantime, Key was sitting on a chair across the room, his paw, his tail swinging from side to side. He had an annoying smug expression on his face, something that spoke victory, the complete opposite from what he had when Jjong was chasing him earlier in the bedroom.

 

“You’re in trouble, doggie,” Key mouthed to Jjong, a language only their kinds could understand. Key sneered to him before he continued to his fur again.

 

Jjong narrowed his eyes at him, holding in the urge to run toward the creature he still believed as intruder, a quiet growl escaped his throat.

 

“I’m just gonna say this again, Jjong. Do not, I repeat, do not-”

 

A ring from the telephone interrupted Jinki’s speech. He signaled his dog to stay still and hastily went to pick up the call.

 

“Y’ellow.”

 

“Hyung. It’s me, Minho.”

 

“Oh, whuddup, Choi?”

 

“Can I come over after lunchtime? I had a shift this night but I don’t wanna wait at the hotel until then or go back home, since it’s too far.”

 

“Suuure. It’s not like you have to ask, Minho. You’re always welcomed here. And I happen to have something to show to you too, so it’s good,” he became giddy at the thought of introducing Key to his best friend.

 

“Oh. Okay. And.. can I bring Taem with me? I'll take him from the pet care on my way.”

 

“Perfect! The more the merrier!”

 

“O..kay?” Minho was a little bit confused with his hyung’s response. “See you later- Oh, one more thing, hyung. You should stop with that ‘yellow’ pun, what if it’s one of your clients who called?”

 

“Yeah, yeah, Minho, whatever, I’m busy now, bye!” Jinki returned the phone handle back to its place. He walked back to the where Key and Jjong were and placed his hands on his hips, eyeing the cat and dog in the room.

 

“So. Where were we? Oh, yeah,” Jinki snapped his finger. “Jjong,” he pointed a finger to his dog. Jjong bowed his body to a crouching position to show his obedience. “You are NOT allowed to jump onto Key again like that. You don’t just hop onto everything that moves, Jjong! What are you?? A dog?? -Eh, that’s right, you’re a dog,” Jinki’s voice faltered. Jjong wanted to roll his eyes at his master’s stupidity.

 

“Anyway! That’s not what I’m trying to say!” Jinki spoke again. Key shook his head and sighed. He couldn’t believe that this was the same man from last night who had enchanted him with his charm.

 

“What I’m trying to say is…,” Jinki walked to Key and brought him to his arms. Jjong involuntarily growled at the sight. Ever since he grew bigger, Jinki couldn’t cradle him in his arms like that. The next thing he knew was Jinki lifting the cat and shoving him just a few centimeters from in front of his face.

 

“What I’m trying to say is…,” he repeated, “…Key is going to live with us from now on!” Jinki beamed a rea~lly bright smile.

 

“WHAT THE ?! NO WAY!!” Jjong barked.

 

“Awww you’re that happy? See, Key? You two can be good friends!” Jinki grinned even wider, not knowing what Jjong really meant with his barks and howls.

 

‘Tsk. I’m surrounded by idiots,’ Key sighed and muttered inside his head.

 


 

A/N: short chapter? yes, I know :)
and btw, Jjong's breed is finnish spitz, here's how he looks like:

thank you for reading, .! ^^