Tom & Jerry

P(a)wned

‘HOLY MOTHER OF-’


He clasped either sides of my body and dragged me toward him. I tried to make a run from his grip but it was too late. He already curled me up into a ball with his stupid jacket wrapped tight around me. My legs were wildly kicking a way out not caring completely that I’m only making them tangled between the knots.


He just laughed nonchalantly, and it’s obvious that he pretty much enjoyed seeing me like this.


“Oh Key, stop struggling. You’re going to strangle yourself like that,” he laughed again. Gosh I freakin lo- hate his laugh!


I responded to his advice with swears -which of course, his ears only caught as annoying mews-.


When he reached his hand back to close the bathroom door, I finally managed to let go my front legs from inside the jacket. I continued my effort by clawing desperately onto his arms, which were shielded with his shirt’s long sleeves, so my fight ended as a useless attempt.


“Sharp claws you have there, Key,” he snickered, finally walking to the bathtub.


He placed me inside the tub still within his jacket before he himself took off his shirt and dropped it on the floor. I found myself staring at him the whole time -not because what you think it is! I was just thinking of a way to escape from this situation.


“Like what you see?” His voice suddenly pulled me back from my trance. He grinned at me and laughed quietly, probably realizing his absurd saying.


If only I hadn’t had this white fur enveloping my skin, I would have blushed right away -of course because it’s hot here, what did you expect me to say?!


After that he approached me bare-chested, his hand ruffling his auburn hair messily. I lifted my chin up to see him standing on his toes, trying to pull a yellow towel from a peg on the wall behind my back -what’s with this guy and his yellow stuffs?


There were no more objections coming from me, maybe that’s why he glanced down to check how I was doing as he reached to grab the shower handle and turn on the faucet. I was still in a daze until he squatted down before the tub’s edge and removed his jacket from me. He then got a hold of my front legs with one hand in case I might thrash around again. I tensed immediately, and he could sense that.


“Don’t be too scared. I’ll make it less torturing for you, so relax okay?” I really wanted to nod at his consideration but wouldn’t that be uncanny?


My pointed ears perked up hearing the faint sounds of water flowing from the shower. I shut my eyes close, preparing for the unpleasant feeling my body always got whenever I touched cold water. But even after a minute of waiting, I could only sense something warm moving slowly all over my body. I peeked to see his hand leading the wetted yellow towel across the span of my legs, gradually shifting to my back and sides. I looked to my left and notice the shower handle was laid a little bit far from me still with water streaming from it.


“It’s not that bad right?” He muttered. “I’m not that mean to let the water directly soaking you,” he let a gentle smile slowly shaping on his lips, and I suddenly felt.. funny.


…Is it possible for a nice bath to seep the warmth through your heart too?


---


After he finished taking care of me, he put me on the sofa with a bowl of milk again. Leaving me alone, he said it’s his time now to take a quick shower, telling me to stay still and wait there as he the TV and picked a channel which was currently playing an episode of Tom & Jerry.


Tom & Jerry.


What the hell was he thinking, really?


I lied on my stomach, trying to get used to with the new environment of my soon-to-be home. My eyes glinted with joy despite the slight annoyance that I felt right now. Yeah, I couldn’t hide it even from myself. I was a bit disappointed when that guy was already away from my sight and entered the bathroom. If he wanted his bath, he should’ve just jumped in to the tub and joined me earlier, right? We could have had it together and- I mean- we would use up less water that way! And I’m not implying anything else!


It was about five minutes later when the bathroom door opened. He threw a glance at me right away, and when he saw me being a good boy I was, as I was still sitting on the spot where he left me earlier, he smiled that gentle smile again. He didn’t approach me though. I frowned when he walked to the opposite direction and I had to wait a couple of minutes again to see him.


“Jjong is taking over my bed again,” he sighed as he eventually went back to join me on the sofa. “I guess both of us will have to take the guest’s bedroom for tonight.”


‘Who’s Jjong?’ My head tilted as the question popped up instantly in my head.


He smiled and tugged me from my cozy position, settling me forcefully on his chest. I meowed in protest.


“Aigoo why so cute?” He cooed, poking my head softly with his finger before tightening his arms around me.


‘Ugh. I can’t breathe, this stupid guy is really...’


“Let’s go to bed for now, Key. I can’t wait to squish you in my sleep.”


…It’s not like I’m complaining though. I mean, I do love to cuddle.


---


Jinki’s POV


I was awakened way too early in the morning by the cold air hitting my feet. I bended my knees to my chest and my hand searched blindly for the missing blanket. When I found it on my side, I pulled it on top of me so I could wrap it around us again. I slung my arm over the space around me, only to find it.. empty?


My eyes forced to open and I supported myself on my elbows to observe my surrounding. I was scared I might squish that little thing for real, so I hurriedly got up and looked under the blanket. He’s not there.


“Keeeey?” I peeked under the bed. “Key where are you??”


I felt like I just couldn’t go back to sleep. I decided to check the rooms for fear that he might be hungry and wandered around to find something. But the thought of Jjong to find Key was bothering me even more.


Key’s POV


Maybe I really should stop being such a smarty pants to overconfidently thought that I could wander around by myself just now. I was just going to explore the whole house since it’d be my new home and all. I had let my legs to lead the way, not caring if I could be lost somewhere in this house because hey, who else might find me beside my owner?


Not totally right.


I’ve always wanted to know the meaning behind a phrase that people often say; that curiosity kills the cat. But I never knew I’d learn it this way.


I realized it was another bedroom, the lights were off so I could barely see what’s inside. My pupils dilated to earn more lights for my vision but that was when I noticed something moving on the bed. Something.. big. And that was definitely not a human.


 Just as soon as I was about to draw back to escape that certain room I was in and hide under my owner’s arm, this thing, which turned out to be a golden male finnish spitz, his sharp eyes immediately fixed on my figure.


I flinched, my instinct screamed telling me to run, but my whole senses just decided to shut off at the wrong time.


He carefully turned around to walk toward me, and slowly under the dim light, I could spot that thing. A yellow collar around his neck, that somehow built a sudden anger inside me.


‘How in the world could he not mention anything about keeping a dog thrice my size in this house?!!’


He growled ominously, fangs baring scary images of what kind of things he could do to me in just a blink of eye. I didn’t have the nerve to move backwards nor run. My legs stayed rooted on the same tile where I was, trembling with fear.


“Intruder.”

 


 

A/N: LOL I think you can already guess the dog's name even without me telling you :P