Mother's Day

Dealing with Their Tantrums

“Hyung,” Siwon whispered against Heechul’s ear as they watch a lovely episode of Pocoyo.

Heechul picked the plate with carrot cake and munched on it. He glanced at his brother, “Wonnie, what’s wrong?”

 

Kibum, Shindong, and Zhou Mi had gone shopping with their parents, of course tagging little Wookie and Henry with them.

Kyuhyun, Siwon, Hannie and Heechul are on the couch watching cartoons and having their snacks after a long peaceful nap.

“Hae!” Eunhyuk screeched then took a big gulp of his strawberry drink. 

“Hannie-hyung!” Donghae shouted next and all four of them knelt on the couch and peeked behind the couch.

“What?!” Heechul hissed, icing all over his face but he couldn’t care less. It’s him.

Kyuhyun’s eyes widen. 

“Usagi-chan!” Siwon shouted in shock as he started signing of the cross and muttered, ‘Papa Jesus, forgive my brothers…’ 

Heechul rolled his eyes as he sat back and grabbed another plate of carrot cake.

“What should Hyuk and me do?” Hae cupped his cheeks and fearfully screamed. 

You see, you can mess with Sungmin but you shouldn’t mess with bunny doll or you’ll face an angry, and ever so hard to please Sungmin. Even at young age, Leeteuk had learned that Sungmin can do a little hard kicking since he came from a martial arts expert family.

“Create new bunny!” Donghae beamed, fidgeting at the thought of an angry Sungmin right in front of them. 

Eunhyuk shook his head as he grabbed a biscuit and looked at the spilled bunny doll. He looked at his little brother at the couch who's glaring at him. "Dress up, Kyu! Dress usagi-chan!" 

Kyuhyun glared at him more. "Yadda, no dress me!" He replied then sticking his tongue out.

Hangeng looked at him, "No? But Min, if Min wakes up, what us do?"

Heechul smacked his head, "Pocoyo had turned red." Hangeng turned around and engrossed himself on watching, preferring that Pocoyo being blue and now had gone red is much important. Siwon stopped praying, 'Mianhae Papa Jesus.' And watched again as he drink on his glass.

Hae and Hyuk are still wailing, panicking and jumping out of fear on what they have to do when their hyung would wake up and finds out that his bunny doll had been spilled with strawberry drink. Kyu feared for them too. He knows how his favorite hyung would rant over his usagi-chan. He pities his other crazy hyungs. 

"He's awake. You two bye bye." Heechul muttered eyes not leaving the blue boy and Pato on the screen. Hae and Hyuk even Wonnie and Hannie gulped in fear.

"Hyung..?" Min muttered lowly as he walked towards the couch and leaned on the edge of the soft sofa. He laid his head on it and looked at his hyung. "Heechul-hyung, usagi-tan gone missing," he blinked his eyes and continued, "And I find nemo instead."

Donghae whispered 'I put nemo!" Into Hyuk's ear and the latter grinned as if it was a good idea. 

Kyuhyun gulped, this is an annoyed Sungmin, he notes his little mind. He looked back at his two hyungs at the playroom and shook his head.

Heechul patted his head, "try ask Hae and Hyuk. Usagi-tan is there." He sneered and both Hannie and Wonnie looked at him with shocked faces.

Min got up and lazily walk towards the small table and was about to grab a biscuit when he noticed his bunny doll sitting on one of the chairs. He didn't remember letting usagi-chan off his side especially during nap times. Then he grabbed usagi-tan and all of them except Heechul of course, look at Min with large bewildered eyes.

He smiled but then his smile fall flat when he sees bunny doll's all messy and dirty. Min glared at Hyuk and Hae and the two crazy lads gulped in fear. "Usagi-tan..?" He said with threat and his brothers hugged each other. 

Kyu walked beside Min and explained, "Usagi-tan wants drinking strawberry badly. That's why dirty." Min looked at him and then grinned widely. 

"Really? Will usagi-tan eat cake too?"

Then all four of them, except again Heechul of course, gape widely. So that's all it takes for them to be safe? Kyu smugly smiled at his hyungs and everyone sighed in relief.

"We're home!" Umma shouted and all seven of them raced towards their parents and brothers to help with the bags and hug them, as if they had been gone for too long.

+

"Hyung," Siwon huffed as all of them were tucked in their comforters and both their parents had bid goodnight to them. Heechul rolled and looked at him with wide eyes. 

“What is it Wonnie?” Heechul huffed irritated as he sat up and pulled off the coverlet and looked at his brother. “You nag since snack time!”

Siwon gulped and looked at Kibum who’s resting at his other side. He shook his brother awake. “Bum! Bum! Kibum!” and he didn’t mean it but his voice was too loud that it woke up all of his brothers even the little ones that were so sleepy.

 

Henry let out a small cry, followed by Ryeowook but both Zhou Mi and Yesung were fast enough to be at their aid and hush them to silence. Hae and Hyuk got up quite in time and looked at everyone else with their sleepy eyes. Shindong was at their feet really confused at hos their hyung who was lying between them are now at their ends. They blinked their eyes and leaned against the wall and looked at the commotion. Hangeng followed suit and unexpectedly kicking Shindong which made the younger boy shuffled and sat up quite annoyed. Kyuhyun and Sungmin were in deep sleep that Siwon’s voice weren’t much of an effect for them.

“You don’t hafta shout like that Wonnie,” Hannie muttered as he rest his sleepy head against Heechul’s shoulder and let out a yawn.

“True, true.” Everyone else had commented but as sleepy as they seem, it won’t be that easy to fall asleep again since Shindong started getting hungry again. Hae and Hyuk started getting bouncy. Kibum had been itchy to get on some books to read and Henry and Ryeowook are to engrossed on playing the close open game with their hyungs.

“This is all Wonnie’s fault!” Heechul screamed and the two still sleeping lads snapped their eyes open and Kyuhyun let out a cry. Sungmin sat up and hugged bunny doll close him as he scooted near Kyuhyun and hugged him too.

“Such cry baby!” Hae and Hyuk teased their little brother yet again and Kyu dunked his head on Min’s little arms and pulled the coverlet close. He reached out for his pillow and sobbed, really hating the fact that his sleep had to be disturbed.

Siwon felt guilty about this but he just couldn’t let what he had wanted to say slip off. “Mianhae,” he whispered and all eyes were around him. “But tomorrow’s Umma day, I want to do something for mama.”

“Umma’s day?” Ryeowook mumbled as he clasped his hands together and smiled. “Henry it’s umma’s day!” Henry looked at him and grinned widely as he too, clasped his hands together and started clapping.

“Young ones like it,” Heechul said looking at almost everyone, “We do anything to Umma loved, then!” 

And so their little mother’s day gift started quite nicely. Or so Umma thought. “Write letter, think good, be good.” Heechul instructed and some started grabbing some papers, others thought of something to do and as for Kyuhyun and Sungmin, the two of them had fallen back to sleep. 

+

With Appa’s help, Heechul and him set the living room as they set some snacks and juice. Heechul had asked Appa to keep this a secret from Umma and so Kangin agreed, and helped a bit. He kind of finds it sweet as his children busy themselves for their mom’s special day.

“Is everybody else ready?” Kangin asked and all of them nodded. Fixing themselves, Kangin went to the laundry room and asked Leeteuk to come with him. Walking hand in hand, they entered the living room where Heechul is waiting for them and carrying a white rose.

He walked towards Leeteuk and offered the flower he’s holding and reached up to place a sweet kiss on his Umma’s cheek. Kangin sat down as he followed suit and smiled as Heechul beamed at him happily. “Wonnie, made us remember.” He mumbled, “He told Umma’s day and I asked everyone to make for Umma feel love.” Leeteuk smiled and shuffled his hair.

Hangeng entered the room holding a piece of paper with Chinese characters on it. “Umma, me wrote letter for Umma.” Hannie stuttered and Leeteuk smiled at him as he went to read his message.

“Happy Mother’s day, Umma. I love you. Appa loves you. And my brothers love you. Thank you.” Heechul rolled his eyes at how simple his message was but Leeteuk was already in tears and Kangin has to wrap him around his arms and soothe him to stop from crying. Hangeng walked towards him and offered another white rose and perched up to kiss his umma’s cheek.

Kibum followed next carrying yet another letter and a white rose. He flipped the paper open and read his message aloud. “Umma, never cries in front of me. He always smiles. When I sick he tucks me in bed and care. He makes me happy always and now I wish umma to be happy. I love you and Kibum will make you smile always.” He stuttered after using such big words after stealing some lines from Roald Dahl’s children’s books. He walked near Leetuk and offered both the letter and the flower. He smiled brightly and sat near him.

Zhou Mi and Yesung came out next, carrying nothing but flowers and a fake microphone. Leeteuk had always believed that his sons are of great singers and so he’s happy to hear those sweet voices came ringing inside his ears. Yesung started out first and went through the lines, Zhou Mi followed suit. Little sweet like angel voice that made Leeteuk cry more. The lyrics were of innocent and were randomly picked out from some books but nevertheless Leeteuk wouldn’t care as long as his sons were singing from their hearts content. After singing ‘I love yous and thank yous,’ they raced towards mama and give their roses. Leeteuk kissed their cheeks and they happily beamed at him.

“Hey,” Kangin whispered as he soothed Leeteuk’s hand with his, “You might make the kids worry over you.” Leeteuk brushed off some tears and smiled at him as he hugged his husband near and watched as Shindong appear before them.

Shindong was hiding something from behind and Leeteuk looked at him with furrowed eyebrows, “Anything wrong, sweetie?” Heechul scowled and glared at his brother making another mess.

“You see,” Shindong began, “Appa helped Shindong bake cupcakes. Umma loves them and so does Shindong,” he continued as he showed an empty plate and looked sadly at his mother. 

“You ate it. How great of Shindong,” Heechul muttered as he leaned closer his umma and rolled his eyes. Leeteuk patted his head and smiled at Shindong.

“Did it taste great, Shindong?” Leeteuk asked as he motioned Shindong to come near him. Shindong looked at him, offered his rose and nodded at his question. Leeteuk took the flower and smiled at him.

“Then umma’s happy enough. Don’t be sad,” Leeteuk assured and offered Shindong a plate of cookie.

The craziest lads, twin, Heechul would point came out carrying a big white shet full of drawings of fishes, candies, strawberries, cars, Appa, Umma and all thirteen of them holding each other’s hands. Leeteuk smiled at the big painting and waited for the both of them to come near him and give the drawing and the roses.

“Donghae and me made this,” Eunhyuk grinned and gummy-ly smiled.

“Donghae and I,” Leeteuk corrected and Eunhyuk had again nodded at him, “Thank you dears.” 

“Happy Birthday!” Donghae beamed and everyone else had laughed at him. Heechul scowled yet again and Eunhyuk had to lean close and whisper, ‘Donghae, not umma birthday, umma day.’

“That the same!” Donghae countered and Leeteuk caressed his cheek.

Siwon followed suit holding his letter and white rose. “Thank you Papa Jesus for giving us Leeteuk Umma. Leeteuk Umma, I love you. Don’t be mad and I will talk to Papa Jesus always to help you.” And Leeteuk had to smile at that. Siwon walk to him and kiss his cheek as he gave the rose and the letter and sat beside Kibum.

“Umma!” Henry and Ryeowook exclaimed right after Siwon had done reading his letter.

They rushed towards Leeteuk and hugged him tightly. Henry kissed his left cheek and Ryeowook kissed his right. “Happy mama’s day!” Leeteuk smiled and hugged them as they offer the rose and reached out for the apple drink.

“Umma?” Kyuhyun muttered as he approached his mama and offered his fist. Leeteuk looked at him and shuffled his tousled hair.

“This is Kyu lucky penny,” he announced as he revealed a coin. “Tooth fairy gave this.”

“There’s no tooth fairy!” Hae and Hyuk shouted in unison. There they go again teasing little Kyu and Kyu glared at them, stuck his tongue out and gripped on Leeteuk’s hand.

“There is!” Kyuhyun countered, “See!” showing off the coin and giving it to Leeteuk. “Happy mama’s day, Umma.” Leeteuk nodded and smiled at him, assuring that he’ll keep this and that tooth fairies do exist. He glanced at Kangin and Kangin let out a small chuckle.

“Where’s Sungmin?” Kangin asked and Kyu looked behind.

“Min hyung..?” and little Sungmin popped out of the room. He was carrying a pout and a sad face. Leeteuk smiled as he got up and kneeled beside the aegyo. “What’s wrong sweetie?” 

“I don’t have anything to give umma.” Leetuek smiled and he carried Sungmin and hugged him near him.

“Anything will do,” Leeteuk assured and Sungmin glanced at him with puppy eyes, “Come on, sweetie, anything from little Minnie will make Umma very much happy.”

Sungmin brightened up a bit and latched his arms around Leeteuk’s neck and hugged him tightly. He kissed Leeteuk’s cheek repeatedly and whispered sweetly in his ears, “Umma loves Sungmin, Sungmin loves Umma even if I not his real kid. We love Umma.” And he had really mean it even at a young age, he surely is. Heechul raced towards them and everyone else followed suit. Kyuhyun jumped up and Leeteuk scooped him up too. Kangin carried Henry and Ryeowook as he sat down on the floor and all of their children hugged them close and wide goofy grins plastered on their faces.

“Umma’s day the best!” Shindong said.

“Happy Birthday!” Donghae shouted.

“Gege!” Zhou Mi huffed as he laughed and tightened his grip on Kangin’s arms.

“Yesung, Kibum, Siwon!” Heechul screeched as they held Leetuek quite too long which makes Heechul a bit annoyed since he wanted to be hugged too. 

“Happy Birthday!” Donghae shouted again and Kyuhyun glared at him.

“I love you Umma,” Sungmin whispered again and Leeteuk kissed his forehead, “I love you too." 

He felt a tug on his sleeve and saw Kyuhyun looing up at him, “Kiss. Me want too.” Leeteuk laughed and kissed his forehead and everyone else’s.

“Umma, we love you.” Everyone shouted in unison and Leeteuk felt tears pooling on his eyelids again.

 

A/N: I'll proofread after my neck surgery! Sorry!