The Weekend

Dealing with Their Tantrums

A small house consists of 15 people is really hard to imagine. Parents plus 13 kids sure sounds wacked and well, packed. Leetuek didn’t really know how a family of 4 (parents plus Heechul and Hankyung) ended up a big group of 15 members.

Leeteuk swore that he could actually call their house an orphanage of lost and witty boys. Together with Kangin, they both raised and care 13 different boys that needed their full love and attention.

Saturday it is, the most peaceful day – yet, their household could have in a week.

“Umma,” Henry, the youngest son called as they were busy eating their breakfast.

“Yes Henry?”

“Spoon,” little Henry mumbled. Leeteuk smiled and got up from his chair and rushed towards the kitchen to grab another set of utensils for his kids, knowing exactly that someone will lost his spoon or fork under the table.

“Appa?” Kibum inquired as he got up and tried to reach for his orange juice. Kangin helped his son and pushed the glass near the kid.

Everyone else was busy eating. Eunhyuk and Donghae munched on their toast bread; having a contest who eats the fastest. Ryeowook was drinking milk when Shindong accidentally bumped the glass and spilled its content. Ryeowook cried.

“Sorry,” Shindong muttered slouching on his chair as if making himself shrink into little Shindongie.

Yesung helped Ryeowook clean up as he used the napkin and wiped the milk off Ryeowook’s face and asked him to stop crying.

“It’s all right, Shindongie.” Leeteuk assured as he flashed a wide smile and offered Shindong some fruits.

Heechul feast on his strawberry yogurt when he notices Zhou Mi sleeping and to his surprise, so does Hankyung. He tried shaking the two boys on his sides but no response. “Umma?”

“Yes Chullie?”

“Hannie and Mimi are dead.” He said blankly while staring at his brothers and smirked to his brothers.

Siwon was first to react. “Appa! They… really dead?!” Siwon asked as he stood on his chair and started signing the cross and praying over them.

“Siwonnie, you might fall,” Kangin exclaimed as he calmed the young boy and sat him back again, “Hyung’s just joking around. Hannie and Mimi are just sleeping.”

“Sleepy?” the boy asked as he was sat down and started eating again.

Leeteuk shook the sleeping lads and asked them to eat quickly so they can go back to their beds again if they want. “Hee, you are not to do that again, okay?” he added as he looked at the eldest boy of the family and Heechul nodded but grumped.

Sungmin finished his meal and glanced at Kyuhyun who barely touched his food.

“Kyu,” the elder of the two whispered as he leaned near his brother and asked if something’s wrong. Kyuhyun looked at him and pointed his front tooth.

“My tooth moving Min hyung,” he almost cries and Sungmin looked at him. “Don’t tell, they’ll tease me.” Sungmin nodded and passed him a glass of milk instead.

“Eh,” Kangin said as he drank on his coffee, “Kyuhyun-ah, aren’t you hungry?”

Both Donghae and Eunhyuk shouted in unison, “He no eat because Kyu front tooth moving!”

“Really?” Appa asked smiling, “Hyunnie’s growing, Leeteuk.” Leeteuk nodded and shuffled Kyuhyun’s hair.

Kyuhyun grumped and glared at the two, “How you know? Only Min hyung knows it!”

“Kyu was crying last night.” Donghae retorted sticking his tongue out and wiping his lips with the back of his hand. “And Kyu whining about Kyu tooth!” Eunhyuk added as he stood up and grinned at the younger one. “Umma, we’re done, can Hae and me play now?”

“Hae and I, Hyukkie,” Leeteuk corrected and the child nodded at him with those puppy eyes, “You can play now.” The two boys smiled and rushed towards the play room.

Siwon and Kibum had finished eating as well and tagged along. Heechul dragged Hankyung and Zhou Mi as they headed towards the living room to watch cartoons. Yesung waited for Henry and Ryeowook to finish their fruits before pulling them to the playroom as well.

“Can I play too?” Kyuhyun asked in a small voice and Leeteuk shook his head. “You have to finish your meal Kyuhyunnie.”

The boy frowned, “But tooth hurts Umma,” he whined as he looked at the rest of the table now almost empty. Even Shindong busies himself on watching Little Einsteins. He heaved a sigh and started filling his mouth with cereals and fruits.

Sungmin with his little hands helped Kangin clear the table. “Don’t you want to play Minnie?” Leeteuk asked as he sat beside Kyuhyun and feed the younger boy.

“I will wait for Kyu.” Sungmin mumbled as he collected the napkins and flashed his widest grin. Both parents smiled and pushed Kyu to hurry up so they both can play with everyone else.

As the little ones were busy playing, drawing and watching, both Kangin and Leeteuk were off to change the bed sheets, do the laundry and more house chores. And while keeping them busy, expect that every minute one kid after another would whine and cry out for both umma and appa’s help and well – attention.

-

It was bath time when Donghae surprised Leeteuk as the older was about to give him a nice bath. Donghae flashed a wide grin as Leeteuk shook his head. “Hae, baby,” he muttered feeling almost sorry for his pet.

“Can Fishy go bath too?” Hae tooth-ly asked. As he carried the fish bowl and placed it near the bath tub – filling it with more water than it can handle.  Leeteuk swore that if only fishes can talk it would definitely scream at Donghae. He sighed and started scrubbing Donghae's head with shampoo.

-

“Baba!” Eunhyuk cried outside as he watched his stuffed toy monkey being hanged on the laundry string.

Kangin sighed and lifted his son who was crying so hard. Eunhyuk looked at him and fisted his little hands on Kangin’s shirt. “No Baba! Me want Baba.”

“Baba only took a quick shower, Hyukkie,” Kangin assured as he draw little circles on the yonger boy’s back. “He’ll be fine, don’t cry.”

“But Mr. Sun might burn Baba! Me don’t want that. Me cry! Baba cry too!” Eunhyuk whined and Kangin sighed as he tried calming the hysterical little boy.

-

“Give…”

“No!”

Kangin rolled his eyes as Shindong hide the bag of biscuits behind his back.

“Shindongie, you are to share them not eat it alone.” Kangin tried to plea as Shindong sat still on the couch and looked at his father with small and –if possible- angry eyes.

“Give…”

“But Appa!”

Kangin wonder when this kid would give up.

-

Heechul went to the kitchen as Leeteuk busies himself cooking their lunch. “Umma.”

Leeteuk looked at him and smiled, “What is it?”

Heechul grinned and showed him his hand, blood dripping from his forefinger. Umma stood there alarmed. “What on earth happened to you, sweetie?” Worry in his voice.

Heechul grinned widely and shook nothing instead. Leeteuk grabbed the first aid kit and cleaned the wound god knows where he got it.

-

“Gege?”

Hankyung was busy playing with his big blue jet. “Mimi?” he whispered not even looking at his brother.

“Gege?” Zhou Mi leaned closer and called his hyung’s name again and again when Hankyung suddenly faced him and –bom!

Zhou Mi cried. Hankyung, after a couple of seconds cried too. Leeteuk rushed inside the play room seeing two of his sons crying while rubbing their foreheads.

“Umma! Mimi!”

“Umma! Gege!”

Leteuk sighed and kneeled hugging them both and saying comforting words. "Be careful, you both."

-

Kangin was now off to wash their bed sheets and coverlets when Kibum popped inside the laundry room and knelt beside the big basin as Kangin fills it with water. Kangin told him to not get too closer because he might get wet and might drown.

Kibum nodded but then he can’t help it. He held with his small grip the edge of the basin and dunked his head in the water and started making bubbles, Kangin saw it and pulled his son abruptly. “Kibum!”

Kibum sneered, “I want to know how long I can keep my air under water, Appa.”

Kangin shook his head and grabbed a towel, drying Kibum’s hair. He and his wild ideas.

-

Yesung and Siwon are busy running and skipping channel through channel, looking for a wonderful cartoon to watch. Siwon wanted Blue’s clues and Yesung wanted Spongebob squarepants found at the other channel. They take turns just as Leeteuk instructed them. It was fine all right, the problem is this,

“My turn.”

Yesung shook his head. “My turn to hold the remote, Siwon.”

“But it’s me. It’s my turn.” Siwon whine as they started fighting over the remote control. Yesung pulled it quite hardly and accidentally slipped it and unintentionally hit Leeteuk who was holding a bag of vegetables.

Leeteuk turned to them, trying his best to keep control and the two boys only hide behind the couch and stick to watching Pucca instead.

-

Among all the children, Henry and Ryeowook always tag along with Leeteuk and Kangin. They find it very scary to play with their brothers since they are the babiest in the family.

Henry stood beside his umma, holding on his hem's shirt and rubbing his eyes with the other hand. "Umma," Henry mumbled as he tug on the hem.

Leeteuk looked at him smiling, "what is it?"

Henry smiled and tiptoed up, "Me potty," he stutterd as he crossed his legs and started bouncy, bouncy.

-

"Up!"

"Wookie-ah, appa needs to get your shoes," Kangin said as he held Ryeowook by the waist and placed him down.

Ryeowook jumped and raised his arms up as he pleaded to his father. "Carry."

Kangin sighed and lifted Ryeowook for the umpteenth time and decided that he needed to do his chores with the younger boy on his back.

-

"How's tooth?" Donghae asked as they all gathered inside their room about to take a nap.

Kyuhyun looked at him and scoffed. He ignored his brother and continued playing with the blocks beside his part of room. Everyone else was lying on their comforters. Eunhyuk decided to curl near Donghae for he wanted someone to cuddle with since Baba's stuck outside.

"Nap!" Heechul said almost angrily as he wanted to rest. He was turning naggy and grumpy. Hannie, Mimi, Dongie, Wonnie, Bummie and Sungie had fallen asleep already. Leeteuk was busy patting Ryeowook and Henry while singing them lullaby at the other side of the room.

"Hyuk, Hae, sweetie," umma called, as the two babies had fallen asleep. "Everyone else are tired, why don't you two lie down. So does you Hyunnie."

"But I'm no sleepy," the youngest of the three grumped. But then he yawned widely and rubbed his closed eyelids. Leeteuk smiled, "Rest now."

Kyuhyun shook his head and huffed. He leaned against the wall and hugged his teddy bear, too hard and harsh and then -plopped! Little Kyuhyun blinked at his umma.

"Umma! Tooth fall, tooth fall!"

Leeteuk rushed to his side and looked at Kyu's mouth. "It doesn't bleed that much, Hyunnie. Put it under you bed and the tooth fairy will replace it with a penny. Go ahead."

"There's no fairy tooth, umma," Eunhyuk interrupted as he got up again and looked at them.

"There is!" Kyuhyun whined as he was push to lie down. He looked up at his umma and Leeteuk shuffled his hair before assuring him to just keep the tooth under his bed. The boy nodded and smiled as he hid under the coverlet and was about to sleep. He pushed Eunhyuk too and told him to sleep already. Moments later everyone else had fallen asleep.  

Leeteuk stood up and carefully walked across them when someone pulled the ends of his pants. "Umma..." Sungmin whispered and Leeteuk smiled at his sweetest son.

"Can't sleep?" He asked as he scooped Sungmin up and looked at the small boy. Sungmin nodded as he leaned closer and let Leeteuk cradle and hug him tightly.

Among all, Leeteuk have not encountered any problems with Minnie, maybe the fact that Sungmin came to the family last or he was a simply sweet and an understanding kid, whatever the reason is, Leeteuk was glad to have Sungmin, he was glad to have everyone else.

He started singing lullaby and swayed them both slowly. He planted a soft kiss on the child's forehead and Sungmin let out a yawn. He placed Sungmin back on his comforter near Kyuhyun and pulled on the coverlet.

He planted everyone else's forhead and tucked them in their coverlet. Once finished, he walked outside surprised to see Kangin standing by the doorframe. "They're asleep?" Leeteuk nodded and smiled softly.

"They sure are all hyped today." Appa exclaimed. Leeteuk laughed. "Exploring things on their own and trying to keep secrets and stuff."

"They sure do. I just wish they won't grow so fast." 

Kangin nodded as he pulled Leeteuk closer to him and they watch 13 angels sleeping peacefully and innocently.