Truth.

Beneath The Surface

CL's POV

The leaves are falling around me, I see two distant figures standing near a couple of trees. The mirage of colors under my feet red, yellow, and green, it is fall. I race towards these figures. "MOM!" "DAD!" I run furiously I trying to reach them but the more I run the farther they move away. They stare at me my father's arm around my mother's shoulder's. We lock eyes and he turns around walking away from me with my mother. I scream.

"Chaerin? Chaerin wake up it's ok everything's ok!" I open my eyes quickly to a strange voice. In that moment I stare at who is holding me. My head is pounding, damn I'm hungover. 

"What are you doing here Shrimpy?" I growl as I notice there is a fort between my bed. I grow agitated.

"Don't you remember anything from last night?" Dara looks at my curiously adjusting the sheets of my bed. I rack my mind for memories of last night.

"I remember someone carrying me up here, I think I remember seeing you." I push my face into the pillows.

"OUCH!" I quickly draw my face out as I remember the bruises all over my face. Shrimpy can punch, I'll give her that. I walk over to the bathroom to inspect my face. Large bruises still cover my fave but at least the swelling has gone away. 

"Did you spend the night Shrimpy?" I call out waiting for a response.

"Yes, I did." Dara sits in an armchair by the extensive window.

"Why though? Knowing how I treated you why bother trying to help me?" 

"Because I'm not you Chaerin." She gave me a direct response while locking eyes with me fiercely.

"I realized when I hit you that I was turning into a monster, like you" I feel a pang in my heart and I swallow.

"Thank you" I nearly growl at her.

"You can leave now I will pay for a cab" I walk over to the phone before she stops me.

"Not yet, we have work to do." Dara holds up a list of questions. All these damn questions but I said I would help her.

"Fine then but make it speedy Dara." Dara smirks and gestures toward the armchair across from her. I take a seat awaiting her question.

"First off an unrelated question, do you always scream when you wake up?" Dara gives me a strange stare.

"Not always, just some nights..." I wince recalling my dream. 

"Now Chaerin, it's been child's play with these questions. We have yet to hit the hard hitting questions." Dara filps through her notebook. I begin to worry about the questions she will ask. I feel a bit afraid.

"Chaerin, why do you envy me?" I stare Dara in the eye. I don't know how to respond I am afraid.

"Not this question Dara." I look at the ground.

"Answer the question Chaerin." Dara holds one of my hands tightly. I feel myself growing bothered.

"NO! I WILL NOT ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS!" I yank my hand away and stand up violently.

"YOU SAID YOU WOULD ANSWER MY QUESTIONS CHAERIN!" I turn to walk out of the room trying to ignore Dara.

"Fine then! you Chaerin! Hope you live the rest of your life alone!" Dara calls after me and I freeze. Fully enraged I turn around and walk towards Dara. 

"Ok then you want to know do you? You really want to ing know?" I narrow my eyes giving Dara a cold stare. 

"I envy you... because you have a family, and I don't." I sit on the edge of my bed.I hear Dara giggle softly.

"You expect me to believe that Chaerin you have your sister."  

"No I don't Dara, she's gone and she's never coming home. My sister hates me. I am alone Dara." At this Dara is quiet and stares blankly at me.

"I'm.... sorry Chaerin." Dara grabs her backpack and starts heading towards the door.

"I think I've made a mistake." Dara turns to look at me.

"Won't you stay with me?" I ask Dara not daring to let her see me. I don't want her to fully understand my weakness. Dara drops her bag and starts crying. She walks over to me with her arms out. She wraps her arms around me whispering "I'm sorry" over and over again. I try to hold back my tears until suddenly I am sobbing uncontrollably in Dara's arms. Dara holds me close to her frail body. Our hug is broken by the ringing of Dara's phone. 

"Umm sorry Chae but I have to go home now... My mom is waiting for me." Quickly I dry the rest of my tears.

"I can take you home Shrimpy." I get up looking for my car keys.

"That's ok you should stay here it's been a tough night and morning." Dara grasps my hand wanting me to stop.

"No, no I can do it Dara trust me," I give her a small smile. Defeated Dara allows me to drive her home.

"Let's go" We find our way out of the house and walk over to my lamborghini. We both climb in as I race towards her house. Dara carefully gives my directions as we get closer and closer. At last, we arrive to her house. 

"Well thank you for the ride take good care Chaerin." Before getting out Dara takes my hand and holds it. She then gives me a soft smile.

"Fighting!" Cheerfully she raises a fist in the air. 

I watch her go inside and then I stare at my hand. I briefly recall what just occured. I stare at my hand and then at the door. I blush. 

"Shrimpy... you're a thief. You took my secrets....and your taking my heart." I blush and put my sunglasses on. Life isn't always so dull after all. I open up the sun roof allowing the sunlight to radiate my skin. I blast music up and throw a fist in the air as I race back home with a smile.

*A/N* I am sorry for the wait guys! I had school obligations but I will try to keep up. Anyways.. I'm excited for the upcoming chapters so look forward to it! As always thank you!