Chapter III

Frozen in Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hana ah!",called one of her friends." Are you okay? You've been out of it ever since we've walked pass that crowded street just now." 

"Huh? Yea.. I'm okay..."replied Hana as she and her group of friends continued walking down the road.

"Good then, feel you're not feeling well you must tell us okay.",and her friends continued their discussion about whom they believe was the hottest guy in Korea. 

Once again, Hana blanked out from the conversation and was immersed in her own thoughts. 

"Actually, remember that guy we walked past just now? The stylish and hot one? I think he's not bad too!",the friend right beside her exclaimed to the others. They caught Hana's attention now. Her friend continued,"But he looked like he was not feeling well though, remember?" 

All of them except Hana nodded in agreement.

"Not feeling well huh......",she thought back to what happened just now...


Hana and her friends had just finished their term exams and wanted to celebrate with some window shopping. 

They were walking along this very crowded road and chatting happily when they walked past this rather good-looking male. He caught the attention of her friends and they turned around to take another glimpse at him only to see that he was now covering half of his face with his hand.

From his expression they could tell that he was in pain. Hana furrowed her brows and wondered whether he was okay. She wanted to approach him but her friends called out to her to ask her to hurry up so she didn't manage to do so.

She carried on walking with her friends and chatted again. Her curiosity was still there though so she tried to speak to her friend beside her so that she could just perhaps take another look at him, if he was still at that position. When she did tilt her head to the side though, from the corner of her eye she could see that he was staring at her.

Ahh, he's fine. Thought Hana. But then he was still looking at her. He was undoubtly handsome, but his blue eyes  were so striking that even though she saw it for just less than three seconds, she could still form the image in her head. 

Her head was now back to facing the front and she felt this unknown drop in her heart. She could still feel his gaze on her though, so she turned fully this time, hoping to see if she was correct. The feeling disappeared immediately and that guy was no longer at where he stood just now. 

I guess it was just coincidental that he was staring at me. But why don't I really want to acknowledge that it was coincidental...


She snapped back to reality when she saw a hand waving right infront of her face. 

"Hana ah, are you reaaaaaally sure you're fine?", said Mina, the same friend who called out to her just now. 

"Yea I'm just... Tired I guess." Hana hastily replied," Oh? Where are the rest of the girls?" 

"Tsk tsk you haven't been listening at all have you. All of them went home already! My mum is calling me,I have to go now. Bye!" Mina explained as she left.

Hana waved goodbye and turned to make her way home. As she approached this junction, a book store caught her eye. She looked at the vintage interior of the shop through the window, when suddenly a pair of eyes stared into hers right infront. 

"Oh my god!",screamed Hana who got startled by this old man who seemed to be the owner of the shop. 

"Welcome,"smiled the old man," wouldn't you come in and have a look?" 

She was about to reject him, but the words were stuck in and unknowin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter