Debussy's Rêverie

A Little Prelude in Kyuhyun Major

A/N This is part two of a magical double update!

 


 

“Hyung, I’m not sure this is right.”
 

“I’m freaking out Siwon!”
 

“I mean, this is a thing you do with Kyuhyun. You two sit at the piano and bicker. A lot.”
 

“So?”
 

“Alright, then what am I supposed to do exactly?”
 

“Never mind Siwon! Just never mind.”

 

Yesung hadn’t talked to Kyuhyun in two days. He was freaking out. Really freaking out. He couldn’t go to Heechul or he wouldn’t hear the end of it. Or he would tell him to put on his big boy pants and deal with it because it’s not that big of a deal. Hangeng was out of the question since whatever was going to be said would be later told to Heechul. Donghae and Eunhyuk… well, they were good friends, but not for that kind of thing. Zhou Mi was more Kyuhyun’s friend than his, and had texted him the poop emoji after the third time he declined Kyuhyun’s call, probably meaning he wasn’t too pleased with him. It left him with Siwon. Of course he had other friends in his classes and whatnot, but they weren’t that type of friends, they weren’t close enough.

 

“Hyung, I’ve been sitting here for half an hour and so far all you’ve done so far is play three bars of Debussy and tell me you’re freaking out. What exactly is going on?” Yesung made a bunch of distressed noises, but none of them explained the situation to Siwon. “Hyung, you’re going to have to be more specific.”

 

“Kyuhyun and I kissed!” He blurted, “we kissed, okay! And now I’m freaking out.”

 

“…Okay, well what exactly is making you freak out?”

 

“I dunno, we kissed! Isn’t that enough for a freak out?”

 

Siwon raised his eyebrows. Yesung could feel them judging him, those two furry eyebrows were definitely judging-

 

“Well, was it nice?” Siwon interrupted his thought on eyebrows.

 

“I guess.”

 

“Did you like it?”

 

Yesung nodded, “yeah,” he said half sheepishly, “I liked it.”

 

“Did he like it?”

 

“I think he did,” he answered. “He seemed to like it.”

 

Siwon shrugged, “then I don’t see the problem. You’re two consenting adults, and you kissed. In the grand scheme of things, it’s not that big of a deal.”

 

“No!” Yesung protested, “it’s a big deal! Something changed and that’s scary.” He paused and then shook Siwon’s shoulder vehemently, “isn’t it weird? I used to be his teacher!”

 

“It’s really not that weird,” Siwon replied, but was not heard by Yesung who was mumbling to himself that things were weird.

 

“You know,” he said a little loudly and in a hard tone, “of the two of you, you’re definitely not the one who should be that scared of change. Look, I’ve known Kyuhyun a while, maybe not as long as you, and maybe not in the same context, and I know that he’s really into you and he’d like the change. Hyung, I’m trying to say this in the nicest way possible, but I think you should put on your big boy pants and go talk to Kyuhyun because he definitely doesn’t deserve this.”

 

Yesung nodded along while taking deep breaths. Siwon was right, he should have talked to Kyuhyun, he should talk to Kyuhyun now. He had been a long enough, and Kyuhyun would most certainly be pissed at him, but he put on his big boy pants and walked to Kyuhyun’s appartment. He hesitated before knocking.

 

Change was scary. Change was not something Yesung was comfortable with. Change was something he generally avoided. But this change, as scary and unwanted as it was, might actually lead to something better, something he might end up liking. It was gamble, and Yesung wasn’t much of a gambler. Yesung preferred sound reasonning and very high odds. Actually, he preferred no odds at all, he preferred certainty. But for Kyuhyun, the gamble was worth it.

 

He knocked.

 

After some shuffling from inside, the door opened. “Kyuhyun,” Yesung said softly, “I’m sorry I haven’t been the best person to you recently.”

 

Kyuhyun was not impressed. It showed on his face. “Yesung, how nice of you to show your face here.”

 

“Look, I think we need to talk.”

 

Kyuhyun moved from the door frame to let Yesung in. “Zhou Mi is away, lucky for you. I’m pretty sure he would punch you in the . I’d allow it.”

 

“Kyu… I was freaked out, I still am. I just needed time to think.”

 

“You could have done so without ignoring me for two days,” Kyuhyun replied bitterly. “So, what have you come to tell me after your two days of radio silence?” He took a seat on his couch and gestured for Yesung to sit.

 

“I’m sorry Kyuhyun,” he said softly, “I’m really sorry, I’m really confused and I’m sorry I involved you in this, but the truth is you are the source of my confusion. After we… had our entanglement, I just had to sort through layers and layers of confusions.”

 

“Entanglement? Yesung, we kissed, it’s not an entanglement, it’s not that complicated. We kissed. I liked it, did you like it?”

 

Yesung made a sheepish noise, “yeah,” he said quietly.

 

“Then what is the problem? What is there so much to think about? You liked it, I liked it, it doesn’t take a prodigy to figure out what’s the next step.”

 

Yesung sighed, “but what if it’s not just it?”

 

Kyuhyun huffed, “speak your mind.” Kyuhyun was really unpleasant when he was displease apparently. “Since you’ve spent all this time think-”

 

“What if I want more than just that?” Yesung interrupted him.

Kyuhyun paused his speech and his jaw hung open. “You do?” He asked in a meek voice after his initial shock was over.

 

“I mean, it’s more complicated than that,” Yesung continued. “I mean, I still want us to be friends. I know I was a but I hope it doesn’t mean our friendship is over. Right?”

 

“Course not, we’re still friends. I was pissed off but it’s okay now I guess. It would have been better if you have come with an apology cake, but just you is fine. It’s more than fine, it’s great. I’m glad you’re here.”

 

Yesung had planted a seed in Kyuhyun’s mind, and that idea was growing. Of course Kyuhyun had thought of relationships but his young adult brain rarely got past shoving his hands down Yesung’s pants. He always somehow got sidetracked…

 

But a relationship, if that was what Yesung was getting at, that was something to consider. He definitely liked the idea of getting up close and personal with Yesung, and he had been crushing on Yesung since he was fifteen. And since Yesung quit being his teacher things had… changed. They had obviously gotten closer and friendlier, they had more casual interactions, and Kyuhyun was sure they had hung out while Yesung was only wearing underwear (he refused to admit it but Kyuhyun knew, he knew it… ). A relationship… Well, he wasn`t opposed to the idea, and quite honestly, Kyuhyun had eyes only for Yesung.

 

“I’m just… I don’t want things to be weird. I know I used to be your teacher and I’m much older than you and-” Yesung said in a worried tone.

 

“Yesung, nobody cares about that, it’s not that weird. I mean, sure, you were paid to teach me, but that’s over, you’re no longer contractually tied to me, and there are no long lasting effects of having been my teacher. We have to have met somewhere, so what if we met in piano lessons.”

 

Yesung made a non-committal noise, not entirely convinced by Kyuhyun’s argument. Their negociations were more complicated than he thought. “I think our parents would ask a lot of questions if  we suddenly started dating two months into the school year.”

 

“Yeah, you might be right about that.” Kyuhyun paused. It was true that his parents would be concerned that their barely legal son was involved with his former teacher. That sounded like something his parents would be not too pleased about, and that would result in a family meeting. The last family meeting was held because Kyuhyun had smacked a kid with his cane (a classmate who had laughed at him running into a wall, he totally deserved it). “Okay, you’re right, my parents would probably not like that, but it’s not like I live at home. Hell, we can keep it a secret from everyone.”

 

“How would that work? You live with Zhou Mi and spend so much time with him.”

 

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes, “seriously, again with the Zhou Mi spiel? He’s my friend, and just my friend. Anyway he’s too busy with his secret girlfriend nowadays.” Zhou Mi had been too secretive recently. And then one day, Kyuhyun had come home and immediately noticed there was someone else on the couch. Of course Zhou Mi had denied it, but Kyuhyun had reminded him of his enhanced hearing, and that there was definitely two sets of breathing coming from the couch. Zhou Mi had reluctantly introduced Kyuhyun to his totally just a friend Victoria. “We could get away with it, if that’s what you want.”

 

“Well, we haven’t talked about what it is.”

 

Kyuhyun was stumped, but then realised, one, Yesung was thick sometimes, and two, it was true that they hadn’t specifically stated what it was, but then again, this was more of a negociation than Yesung asking him out for drinks or to be his boyfriend. Seriously, they were negociating the terms of their relationship, this was a truly Yesung experience. “Well, you said you wanted more, what did you have in mind?”

 

“Well, the more I think about it, the more I realise there wouldn’t be much difference in how we’d go about life. I mean, you already half life here, we have coffee dates, and movie nights, and I make you supper, and you’ve seen my in underwear, and-”

 

“So friends with benefits?” Kyuhyun interrupted his ramble.

 

“That’s, no, that’s so crass. I was thinking more in the boyfriend territory.”

 

“Right,” Kyuhyun said, “but boyfriends who don’t tell anyone, with probably no PDA.”

 

“Yeah, yeah, that sounds about right. I think that’s how we should start anyway. Maybe we should change plans once Heechul figures it out and tells everyone. And no PDA anywhere, because Heechul has eyes everywhere. Don’t laugh,” Yesung said, “I swear he has eyes everywhere. He knows things.”

 

“Right, right, I believe you, and I agree to your terms,” Kyuhyun replied, masking his smile. Yesung could be paranoid sometimes, it was endearing. He felt his heart swell, Yesung was his boyfriend. His boyfriend. His boyfriend. That was new, but also something he had wished for a long time. He could hold hands with Yesung and not feel guilty of taking advantage of Yesung’s wish to keep him from running into walls. Hell, he could cuddle without feeling like he’s taking advantage of his now boyfriend. Ew, he was already getting and mushy-feely.

 

“So we agree no PDA, but does that mean making out on the piano is out of the question? Because I’ve been wanting to do that for a long time. I really want that to be a thing we do. Can this be a thing?”

 

He heard a gasp, then shuffling, the clanging of notes, like someone had sat on the keys. Kyuhyun smiled, and he stood to join his boyfriend at the piano.  

 

“Hell yeah I’m up for it.”

 


A/N

You know when everything is happy and going well in a book and then you realise there's still a hundred pages left, like in the Hobbit movies Thorin prematurely celebrated his victory against Azog and then got stabbed in the foot and killed. Yeah, is about to get down in the next chapters :)

I decided to wait before uploading the previous chapter because I wasn't sure how things would turn out and now in the month/three weeks between chapters I figured out where things are headed, so I would estimate there are three or four chapters left. But unfortunately, as my semester is very intense I don't think I'll be able to update much until december, which is another reason why I decided to not end on a cliffhanger and update two chapters at once. I'm sorry, but that's the way life is and I'm definitely putting off all my readings to update this. 

Anyway, let me know what you thoughts of those chapters and I will be back, probably not soon, but I will be back.