And So It Begins

Dear Pen Pal

Candice

 

It was decided that the documentary was to be filmed in parts and air every week as a television special. They said it was so that everyone could follow my progress almost as it was happening. The first part would pretty much be me talking about the same thing I've been saying since I got out of there. I didn't think things were going to be so repetitive... But it seems like they knew that already, and they just wanted to "set things up" as they put it. The rest of the time, they would be following me around, kind of like tracking my progress in finding my place in the real world, I guess. It was weird. I couldn't get used to the idea of being followed around by a camera all the time...

They told me we start filming next week, and to prepare myself since I won't have much personal time. There wasn't much to do between now and then, so I just focused on the investigation reports. They still hadn't caught the owner. They didn't say anything to me, but I heard them talking, saying it was as if he never existed. There were no fingerprints at the orphanage that didn't belong to anyone they had checked: the children, the cook, and the rest of the staff. No one knew his name. No one even really knows what he looks like. All the times I had ever seen him, he had sunglasses, a hat, and one of those masks people wear if they have a cold or something like that. According to the phone records, he never made any calls and never received any calls, his voice wasn't recorded anywhere, no one could find anything he wrote himself which means they don't even have his handwriting. No one knows where he went in the evenings when the rest of the staff had gone home, and no one has ever seen him leave the building or enter the building or anything. I thought maybe he might have lived there, but there were no signs of living quarters or even a blanket he may have used. I rubbed my head in frustration. It was as if we were chasing after a ghost.

 

 

Yoseob

 

The next week was pretty hectic. Sleep was a minority, and it showed. I was about to get a little rest myself when Doo Joon pulled me aside

"Can't you let me rest? Come on, I'm so tired!" I complained. Doo Joon shushed me and handed me an article he had printed out.

"Read this first," he said simply. I looked at the title. Interview with Living Dead Girl. Really? Could they not think of anything else? I was a bit surprised that Doo Joon had been watching out for stuff on that girl. I sighed and started reading it, not wanting the heartache to last longer than it had to. Doo Joon watched me as my expression changed as I was reading.

"It is her..." It was all I could think of to say. Seven years... And she spent that time in a terrible place. I suddenly felt very guilty for complaining about the little things. I thought back to the bit of news clip I had seen. This explained why she never wrote or came here... I took out her picture again and looked at it. I wished I could have seen the news story in full and gotten a better look at her. I didn't realize I was crying until Doo Joon handed me a tissue and began to lead me to our room.

I stayed in the bed, thinking. I really needed rest, but I couldn't sleep, now. In the interview, she said something about a documentary. I'll have to look into that tomorrow... While I waited for sleep to take me, I thought about Candy. Candy... It had been so long since I thought out her name. I used to think that speaking her name would make the memories worse and harder to bear. So I only thought of her face. Candy.... I tried to say her name aloud, but it came out slurred ad my eyes had started to close. My last thought was what would I do if I really got to see her again? That childhood friend of mine... I only had a happy feeling as a response, then finally sleep.

 

 

Author's Note: Hi! Another late update, and I have the gall to make another short chapter?? Argh! Well, I've had a bit of writer's block, but I'm trying not to let it get me like I let it with all the other stories I had attempted to write... This chapter was so difficult to write, because I didn't really know where I wanted to go next... I know where I want to be in the middle, and about how it should end, but getting there..... Well, it's difficult, like I said. I hope you enjoy my attempt to keep the story going until I can get to the part where I know what I want to happen... If that makes any sense.. >.>;;

Tank you so much dolleexiong and WenChin for subscribing! I now have a nice rounded 10 subscribers! Thanks for sticking with me so far, even though I have NO IDEA what I'm doing! :D

@cutiepi2124: Well, he feels sorry for not believing the news story, but can you blame him? He didn't even really get to get a good look at her, either... Haha, so random! I love that song! :3

@cantresistTAEMtation: Oh, don't you worry about that. :3 I've got this aaaaaaall figured out! They'll meet soon enough! ;)

@Sujung: Well, hello again! :D It's okay that you haven't been up to date with it, as I don't add chapters as often as I think I should.. >.>;; And I'm glad you think its good so far. :) I just hope I can keep it up long enough to finish the story.... >.<