1/2

Ctrl + Shift + N
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Time check: 3:34 AM

No sound can be heard from the dorm of Bangtan. Nothing. Well except Taehyung clearing his throat every 10 minutes. Since he, himself is disturbed by what he's doing. No folks, he's not doing anything inappropriate (like ing for instance ew no) he's simply reading. 

Yes, it is indeed very surprising to know that Taehyung reads, until dawn. What could he be reading that he stays up until dawn? 

Well, Kim Taehyung, have become fond of fanfictions. 

Who knew right?

It all started when one of the fans sent a link to their twitter. He clicked on it out of curiosity and he was led to a blue website a.k.a asianfanfics. It was the cutest thing that he had ever read. It was him, planning to propose to Jungkook. From that day onwards, he couldn't get enough of reading stories from there. He got addicted. Once, his favorite author transferred her stories to another website, so he clicked on the link she gave her subscribers, and was directed to another blue website a.k.a livejournal. And he also read stories from there. But all he reads are stories about the maknae and himself. ONLY the maknae and himself.

Taehyung feels weird every time he reads. Its like he's doing something illegal. But then he finds himself brushing the feeling off.

It didn't help that Jungkook is Taehyung's roommate. It didn't help at all. Because he has to be a ninja every time the younger shifts in his bed or stands up to get a glass of water. He would lock his phone automatically and then he would pretend he's asleep or pretend he can't sleep. Because Jungkook would just let him be. 

Taehyung won't deny that he does indeed like the maknae. What's not to like?

He thinks the fanfiction world is the only world where Jungkook and himself would be together. For him, it's quite impossible that the younger would return his feelings. So, thank the heavens for fanfictions. Because at least, in his dreams (and on the internet), Jungkook does return his feelings and they would be happy together.

He's whipped.

Taehyung doesn't really have a lot of free time because of their schedule, so he uses his bed time for fanfic time. He would also use the time before their performance. 

So during their performances, he would smile so wide that his mouth would rip. 

One time though, he accidentally clicked on an angst fic. He became gloomy all day, and if someone asks him why, he just ignore it or just stare into blank space. Because in that fic, Jungkook dies. And it was his fault.

But then he found a fluffy fic, so everything's good again. 

Okay, back to the present.

Taehyung wets his lips before clicking on a short one-shot. 

--
Dumb Enough 
Author: sonyeondans


Jungkook wants to cry. But can't.

After Seokjin knocked some sense into him earlier—flicking him on the forehead—he finally knew who the alien was to him all this time. And he's not pretty happy about it.

Because its wrong. All wrong. He shouldn't have fallen for his best friend. 

Who? 

Who else? It's none other than Kim Taehyung. The reason of his sleepless nights and the reason he wasn't able to eat well these days. 

Because Jungkook's confused. Yes he's eighteen, but that's still too young to fall in love right? And , Taehyung is his best friend. His childhood friend. He grew up with him goddammit. Taehyung was the guy who always inspired Jungkook to do his best. Taehyung was like a...

Oh my god, he curses mentally, its real. His feelings are real. And he can't do anything about it. Because he knew that the word after that is not brother. His feelings for Taehyung are not what you get from your brother. He knew its more than that.

And what if he does decide to confess? What would happen to their friendship that took years to build? It would all be a waste. Because it would be impossible for Taehyung to feel the same way.

So Jungkook decided that his feelings are best kept. Because he doesn't want to ruin anything. He's stupid if he would do such a thing. 

He slaps himself before closing his eyes and falling in a deep slumber. 

--

Taehyung yawns and thinks, alright, its time for him to sleep too. He can read this again tomorrow. Even though he's not halfway through it. So he presses the home button and locks his phone, before settling in himself.

~

He awakes when he feels someone nudging him on his stomach, but he doesn't open his eyes. Only when he's smacked by a pillow that he finally gets up, open his eyes and is about to curse the person who did that but was met face to face with none other than Jeon Jungkook. Still dressed in his pajamas. He looks away to hide his embarrassed face.

"Y-yah! What's your problem?" He stutters. Jungkook scratches his nose and points to Taehyung's phone on his bedside table. "Uh, your phone kept beeping, so I checked it and—" 

Taehyung immediately snatches his phone from the table and hides it under his pillow, his eyes widening in shock. "What did you see?!"

"—it was locked. And you changed your password so I don't really know. It might be something urgent so I woke you up. I didn't see anything by the way." Jungkook replies innocently. Taehyung sighs in relief.

"Um. Uh. Sorry. Thanks for waking me up, Kookie. Have you eaten?" 

Jungkook shakes his head in return. Taehyung checks the clock; 8:46 AM 

They don't have a schedule today. Taehyung mentally cheers, he could finish that story last night. He grins at the maknae, "Then join the others. But I bet Seokjin and Namjoon are the  only ones there. Probably preparing breakfast. I'll join you in a few."

Jungkook smiles, and quickly nods. "Okay, hyung. Don't set the room on fire. Or make it flood. Or any of the above. Alright?"

"Yah!"

The younger escapes the room before the pillow Taehyung threw reach him.

He laughs to himself while getting his phone under the pillow and unlocks it, curious as to why it was beeping. His smile fades.

'New story updates!'
'New author stories!'
'New friends!'
'New friend blogs!'

Thank god he changed his password. Thank god. He curses through his pillow. He pockets his phone and then he joins the people in the dining room moments after. Which are Seokjin, Namjoon and Jungkook. Taehyung clears his throat.

"What's for breakfast?" Taehyung asks as he grabs a plate and takes a seat next to Namjoon. Seokjin answers, "I wanted to start the day with pancakes. So pancakes it is."

Taehyung takes three and immediately pour maple syrup on it. He happily munches on them until he was interrupted when Namjoon's phone rings. Indicating a call.

Namjoon picks up his phone from the table and clicks accept.

"Oh, Manager."

"Yup, we don't have a schedule today. Are we going somewhere?"

"Ohh. Thanks."

"Ah, why?"

"Hm, glad you thought of that."

"Okay, okay." Namjoon carefully hands his phone to Taehyung. He stares at it confusingly. "He wants to talk to you." They stare at the lilac-haired boy in confusion.

"Eh? Why?" 

"Aish, just accept it!"

Taehyung does as what he was told warily. He brings the phone to his ears.

"Taehyung?"

"Good morning!"

"Morning to you too, Taehyung. Anyway, you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter