Rare opportunity

It Might Be You

"Hahahaha oh my God..I just can't stop" said Kris who was holding his stomach while Baekhyun laughed hysterically. The sound of their laughters were echoed inside Luhan's apartment room. Xiumin wanted to burst his laugh too but he kept it because he was sure if he laugh, Luhan would be more upset. 


Luhan was checking his face in front of the mirror in his bathroom. He hissed when he touched the little scar on his left cheek. The scar he got on the wedding party an hour ago. 


Flashback

"I got it, I got it!" A random girl picked up the bouquet that fell on the floor. Some persons were cheering to the girl and some others kept their eyes on the awkward scene in front of them. The two persons who laid on the floor, kept staring on each other's eyes, no one made a move. Luhan felt something weird inside his chest and stomach. He never felt something like this for long time, since he stopped to believe in love, and he didn't know what kind of feeling it was.

"Hyung, you okay?" Chanyeol's voice interrupted. Luhan dragged to reality as he moved his position "Eoh, gwenchana" He said and accidentally laid his eyes on Tiffany's cleavage. He blushed hard made the girl underneath him frowned and followed his eyes' directions. She widened her eyes when she realized this ert guy was looking on her cleavage. She screamed and slapped him hard on the cheek -her fingernails accidentally scratch his cheek-  then pushed him aside before she ran exiting the ballroom. 



End of flashback.


Luhan took a look for the last time on the mirror before he stepped out the bathroom. He sighed when he heard Kris and Baekhyun still laughed their asses off. 

"Yah!! Stop it, its not funny" Luhan picked a pillow on his bed and threw it to Kris, but his cousin didn't stop his laughter made the deer pissed more.
"Not funny for you but funny for us" Said Baekhyun, high-fiving with Kris.

Luhan was going to throw a pillow to Baekhyun but Xiumin prevented him from doing so. Xiumin opened the first aid kid and gestured to Luhan to take a seat on the edge of the bed. Luhan obeyed and took a seat beside him.

"I already knew something like this would happen, you finally tasted the result for being too ert" Kris said mockingly.
Luhan rolled his eyes "I was going to save her from falling but then we lost the balance and fell. Then I just accidentally laid my eyes on her..ugh..you know.. And what kind of girl she is, scratched my precious face. Is she a barbarian??" He said as he pointed his scare but Xiumin turned Luhan's face to facing him again then applying iodine on his wound.

"Well, but you stared at her like you were going to eat her whole. If I was her, I'd do the same..or maybe I'd kick you on your bal..." Kris didn't continue his words when he realized Luhan was glaring at him. Kris made peace sign with his fingers and flash his gummy smile. "But still...that was too much to slapped me in front of the other guests!" Luhan protested.

"But she was like that because she had no interest in boys, that's why she would felt uncomfortable and awkward around the boys. But she's not lesbian. That's what I heard from Jessica" Baekhyun explained "And maybe what she did to you was something like..her expression of being uncomfortable"  

Luhan's face brightened after hearing that. He felt like hearing something real important in his entire life,and also made him curious "Really? Why she had no interest in boys? What else you got from that ice princess?"

"Uh...I don't know why..I just got that and the info I told you earlier about she was going back here for looking for a job after spent her college time in Japan. Yah! What is this? Do you have a feeling towards her?" 

"Aish no, I'm just curious. So what was she majoring?"

Baekhyun tried to remember his conversation with Jessica about Tiffany. "If I don't remember it wrong..she was majoring architecture" 

"Architecture?" Luhan raised his eyebrows.

"Yes.."

Luhan thought for a moment, he was drowning on his own mind before finally he got an idea. A smile plastered on his face. "Baek, may I ask your help?" 

"Yeah sure. What's that?" 

"I'll tell you later"

"Yah, yah! Why you don't just tell it now? What's on your mind? Tell us!" Said Kris who seemed so curious to death but Luhan just smirked. 

"Han..don't tell me..you're going to..." Xiumin furrowed his eyebrows, being friends with Luhan since little made him could read Luhan's thought just by looking on his face.

"Minseok..you really knew me so well"

 



"You were too much, eon" Said Sooyoung as she poured milk into Tiffany's glass.

The older girl frowned, gulped down the milk in one shot. "What do you mean, Youngie?" She putted the glass on table.

Sooyoung took a seat in front of Tiffany "What you did to Luhan-ssi last night, eon. Slapped him like that in front of the other guests. That was to  much" She took a sandwich then started eating it.

Tiffany rolled her eyes "He stared at my cleavage like a ert man, and you want me to let him keep staring?" The conversation about 'that' guy made Tiffany got an instant headache. She wished that was the last time she met that weirdo.

"Enough you too..I'm not coming here to listen to your argumentation" said Jessica. She came to Tiffany and Sooyoung's apartment in the morning to have a breakfast with them. She was expecting some little quality time with them but what she heard now was totally far from her expectation. 

Jessica words could made SooFany shut their mouths and started to eat. They were eating in silence when suddenly Jessica's phone beeped. She opened the text message, from Baekhyun. The text lightened up her face immediately.

"Fany-ah, Baek just texted me, he said the vice president in the company he works, is looking for you. He said he wants to interview you" said Jessica still eyeing her phone.

Tiffany almost choked on her drink when she heard that. "W-what? How can? I mean, how could that vice president knew I'm looking for a job?"

"Uh..few days ago I told Baek that you and Sooyoung are here in Seoul looking for a job. And I said you took architecture as the majoring when you were in university. Maybe he told his vice president about it, I just remember Baek is working in property firm" Answered Jessica.

"But still...why all of sudden? I'm not ready for interview.."

"Yah, you can't loose this opportunity, now get up and take a bath. The vice president wants to see you this afternoon. Come on" Jessica pulled Tiffany to stand up from her seat, then pushed her into the bathroom.

After Tiffany disappeared behind the bathroom door, Jessica returned to dining room where Sooyoung was still eating.  "I would drop off you two there, but I can't stay because I still have to work, I hope you won't mind to wait for her there during the interview" 

"I will, I will. Don't worry" said the younger girl then continue to eat.

 



The two beautiful girls stepped inside the lobby of a huge building that placed in Gangnam district. Tiffany held tight the files contained with her degree certificate and the CV on her chest. 

"Eonnie, let's ask to the receptionist there where's the vice president's room" Sooyoung pointed at the receptionist table near from them.

They were walking to the receptionist table when a voice stopped them. "Tiffany-ssi? Sooyoung-ssi?"

"Baekhyun-ssi?" Tiffany saw Baekhyun walked towards their direction before finally stood near them.
"We're waiting for you. Kajja, let's  go upstairs" He flashed his smile then leaded the two upstairs. When they were in the elevator, Tiffany blurted out the question that made Baekhyun shut his mouth. "Baek, may I ask? Who's your boss? I mean, I just curious why he's offering me a job all of sudden"

Baekhyun kept mute, then luckily at the same time they reached the floor where his boss' room placed. He smiled and let the girls walked out the elevator first "You'll see soon"

They left Sooyoung on the waiting room in that floor before walked to the vice president's office room. Baekhyun knocked on the door then opened it. The room was comfy. The furnitures were minimalist but she was sure it must be expensive.

"She's here" said Baekhyun to the man who was stood near the large window, backfacing Baekhyun and Tiffany. Tiffany frowned, he is the vice president? Well, he's kinda young.
But then she widened her eyes when she saw him turned around, showing his face completely.

"Y-you??" She raised her voice, she was mentally shocked. The guy who was standing in front was the guy she wished not to meet anymore. She saw the scar she left was covered with a band aid, honestly she felt a bit guilty. 

Luhan smirked and raised his eyebrow "Good afternoon, ms. Hwang. I didn't know we'll meet this soon"

Tiffany gazed at Baekhyun, she gritted her teeth in frustration. "Why you didn't tell me about it??" She asked Baekhyun but the latter seemed like he was losing his voice to explaining.

"I asked him to do it" said Luhan as he took a seat on the chair behind the work table. "I know you are looking for a job and fortunately we're looking for a young architect for designing a new mansion that we're going to build soon..so now, will you take a seat?" He offered with a smirk but she just scoffed and stepped outside his room.

He chuckled "She's interesting"

Baekhyun shook his head and sighed "What's your real purpose, Han?"

"What? Of course to offer her a job" He answered innocently.

"Seriously..."

Luhan raised his hands, he knew he can't fool his bestfriend who worked for years as his executive assistant "Okay, okay. I really want to help her getting a job..and..she's interesting, I'm curious to her" 

"You're curious...not because she looks like Miyoung, right?" Asked Baekhyun hesitantly.

"No, of course not" Answered Luhan immediately without looking at Baekhyun. They fell into silence before finally Baekhyun broke it. "Will the president agree if you recruit a new worker without him knowing?"

Luhan sighed. "I'll tell him later, I'm sure he won't mind" The President of this property corporation was Luhan's father. But due to his health condition, Mr. Lu now was resting on China and gave his son the power to leading the corporation temporary.

Baekhyun nodded "I see. But Tiffany is going already"

Luhan smiled as he played with the pen in his hand "She would be back"

"Huh?" Baekhyun raised one of his eyebrow.

"Who were in their right minds would reject this rare offer?"



Sooyoung was happily browsing the popular cafe that sold delicious cakes through her phone when she heard the waiting room door opened harshly. She saw Tiffany walked towards her and pulled her to stand up. "Let's go, Youngie"

The younger who had no idea with what just happened, furrowed her eyebrows "What? Wait, why, eon?"

"The vice president is that jerk. I can't believe it, Baekhyun didn't tell me about that. Now we better go"

"Wait, do you mean Luhan-ssi?"

Tiffany rolled her eyes "Yes, him. Let's go" Tiffany was trying to pull Sooyoung's hand but the younger didn't make any move.

"You don't want to get in this corporation just because of him?" Sooyoung questioned Tiffany.

"Hell yes. I don't want to work in a same place as him, and I'm pretty sure he has something in purpose why he offered me this job"

"But..eon. I was browsing about this corporation through internet while waiting for you and I read in the internet, The Lu Property Firm was one of the biggest companies in South Korea. Can't you imagine? You were offered to work in one of the biggest companies in this country, eon! I'm sure you won't miss this chance, right?" 

Tiffany was taken aback by Sooyoung's words. She had no idea that this company was one of the biggest in South Korea. She studied in University of Tokyo for 6 years to get her master degrees in purpose to get a job in a big company, and this was her rare opportunity. But...she just can't accept it wholeheartedly when she knew the leader of this company was that jerk. She was struggling inside when she felt Sooyoung patted her shoulder. 

"Eon..these years you could made those guys who flirted with you, one by one back off. And I'm sure you could make this one too..just be professional and ignore that guy. Its a rare chance, eon" Tiffany didn't want to admit it but she needed this job. These times, looking for a job wasn't that easy. And deep inside she wanted to make a better future for her mother who lived alone in Hokkaido, Japan. She sighed before finally nodded although it was so hard to putted aside her self-esteem and face that guy again..

 



"Come in" Said Luhan when he heard knocks on his door.

He smirked when he saw Tiffany walked in with pissed off face. "Oh you're back. Please take a seat. By the way, what brings you back here?"

Tiffany didn't answer, she seated then putted her files on the table. "Let's start the interview" Honestly she was a bit uncomfortable being in same room with this guy because Baekhyun was nowhere to be seen. Where the hell is that guy?

Luhan was surprised by her actions. Seriously, this girl was something. She was the first girl who acted so cold towards him, and that just made him more curious. He took a look at her files quickly then putted it on table again. "You can start your first day 5 days later"

Tiffany frowned "Wait, what about the interview?"

Luhan rolled his eyes "I make it easy for you, why you want it hard, huh?"

Tiffany sighed, well she must admit he was right. Without utter any words anymore she stood up then bowed a bit before she walked out left Luhan dumbfounded, but then he smiled.
"You really are something, Tiffany Han"


Finally my undergraduate thesis was doneee yayy.. I can update more often. I'm currently writing the continuation of the other ffs (Uptown girl, 1+?, Unpredictable love, etc) . I'll update one by one soon, pls wait patiently and keep support me by leaving the comments below^^ saranghae~ (sorry for the errors btw)