Chapter 4

Rhapsody in Blue

“Eric, explain!”

Hyesung shoved a phone. It’s Eric’s. The confused man took his phone and asked,

“What happened Hyesung?”

“You had called someone five minutes ago?”

Eric tried to remember.”No!”

“Oh, your first lie. Check your phone. You did call someone five minutes ago.”

“What?” Eric started to open his phone and, yes, he called someone. My Baby Blue.

“Who is that? Who is your baby blue?”

“What? It’s…it’s you, baby.”

“Your second lie. You didn’t call me five minutes ago because at the time I’m with you. And for your information, that’s not my number. I haven’t changed it,” Hyesung stared his boyfriend. His hand trembled a bit and Eric swear he saw a glint of tears, although Hyesung seemed tried hard to hold and hiding it.”Won’t you say the truth?”

“It’s true…No, I’m not cheating. Hyesung you didn’t think…No!”

Eric’s face turned panic. He hurriedly scrolled his phone and showed it to Hyesung.”Look, I called that number and…,”

That beautiful man heard a ring of a phone screamed. “Whose phone…? It’s mine?”

Suddenly Hyesung remember about ‘a new iPhone’. Hyesung really wanted it. The he ran and found that new phone on the night stand. When Hyesung came back, Eric talked,

“I bought it for you, dear. I want you have a phone that special for us. I have the same, look.”

The now shock man throw a apologetic look.”I’m sorry.”

“It’s not your fault,” said the leader.”I must tell you first.”

But somehow, Hyesung felt a tint of sadness in his voice. No need a paranormal to guess it why. Eric must be remembered about their last issue. Or how Hyesung easily accused him cheating now.

“Then why you give me name ‘my baby blue? It’s so cheesy, Eriicc,” Hyesung tried to change the topic and cheer up his boyfriend.

“Did you forget? I’ve called you with that name in our first date in Japan. But you told me to stop call you with that name. It seems you forgetting it…,” Eric voice sounded so sad. He even stared the floor.

Arggh. How could I forget about it? Hyesung felt want to slap his self.”Oh I remember it now, Eric. Thank you, I like it so much.”

“You’re welcome,” Eric smiled, but his eyes couldn’t lie.”How about watching some movies? Junjin gave me…,”

Eric talked about the new film with excited voice. But the beautiful man could see the feeling Eric try to hide. What should I do? Hyesung eyed his boyfriend. Then he got the idea.

“Ouch!” Hyesung held his stomach.

Eric startled.”Baby, what happened? You hurt?”

Hyesung nodded weakly.”My stomach hurts…,”

“Did you eat something strange? Have you eat…No, you didn’t eat something since this morning!” Eric look panic.

Oh yeah, I forget. I haven’t eat anything. Oh, so hungry. Hyesung wined in his head. He let Eric sprinted in panic face, started to make something for his lover.

“Hyesungie, eat this,” Eric took a spoon of porridge.

“Porridge? No Ericcc…,” Hyesung saw the food in horror. I’m not sick. I can’t eat this food from hell!

“But Hyesungie, your stomach hurt. Please?”

Looked at Eric’s full of hope face, Hyesung couldn’t do nothing except open his mouth and eat the plain porridge. But when he saw Eric’s smile, Hyesung knew he’ll eat till the last drop.

“How’s your stomach? Still hurt?”

“Better, Eric. Thank you,” Hyesung put his head on Eric’s shoulder, still acted like a sick person. Eric automatically kissed the younger hair.

“Just don’t skip you meal again, baby.”

“Sorry, Eric.” Sorry for lying to you.

“I love you,” with that, Eric brought Hyesung on his lap, caressed his hair and kissed him. Hyesung smiled.

“I love you so so so much,” Hyesung kissed back. Eric laugh, hugged his lover tighter, already forgot about his previous sadness.

***

“Hyesung hyung…will be a presenter for the 2014 pro-Baseball Golden Glove Award Ceremony? If they knew how bad…,”

“YAH! PARK JUNJIN!” Hyesung glared.

“But hyung, they never watch Shinhwa Broadcast and saw…,”

“JUNJIN!” This time, Eric throw his dark face to the maknae.”If you said anything again about it, I’ll make sure to find a new member for Shinhwa before we do the comeback.”

“Wow, I’d love to kick him from Shinhwa, hyung,” Andy shouted from his sit in the corner.

“Thank you, Andy,” glared Jujin.

“You’re welcome.”

Junjin pouted, ignored Hyesung who laughed in victory. Actually Hyesung felt so nervous, indeed. He knew, he’s not Minwoo or Junjin who expert in talking, joking around then creating good atmosphere.

“You can do it, dear.”

A whispered voice came to his ear. Hyesung smiled.”Thank you, Eric.”

That time Dongwan came and suddenly looked so upset,”I hate you, Eric. Stop kissing Hyesungie anywhere, anytime…,”

“I don’t see the reason why I can’t do that. He’s my future husband, by the way,” answered Eric, glared back.

“Which will happened next year because Hyesung’s father couldn’t give his blessed fully yet…OUCH! WHY YOU HIT ME, MINU?”

Minwoo, who just came after Dongwan, hissed,” Can’t you skip some sensitive thing?”

He pointed at the lovers who tried to not look so gloomy but failed perfectly. Dongwan quickly close his mouth with his palm.”I swear I don’t mean it.”

“No problem, Wannie,” said Eric, as he caressed his boyfriend cheek.”Don’t be sad, Hyesungie. At least will get married next year. While I’ll try to talk with him.”

“I don’t know, Eric. Sometime my father is so difficult.”

“Like his son,” Eric chuckled, earned a slap at his chest. Then Eric tried to steal a peck from his boyfriend before Dongwan’s scream disturbed them. Eric growled.

“What is this time, Wannie?” glared the leader.

“I can’t let Hyesungie married before me!”

Eric saw his boyfriend laughing happily. He felt so blessed. Andy, who saw a tender gaze from Eric to the main vocal, couldn’t say anything but chuckled. A laugh from your beloved one indeed a precious thing.

“Hey Hyesung hyung, you’ve got a present from Jihoon…again,” Junjin sighed, before throwing the small beautiful box to Hyesung. He remember how Eric and Hyesung would argue a lot everytime the beautiful man get something from Jihoon. But he saw the leader stay calm, even hugged Hyesung tightly and smiled. Junjin stared to his hyung in disbelief.

“Can…can I open it?” Hyesung’s voice stammered.

“Of course, dear,” Eric answered in a very gentle tone.”Open it.”

With a anxious expression, Hyesung opened that small box and found a key chain. A beautiful key chain actually. But Hyesung couldn’t think about it now.

“Looks good,” Eric spoke.

“If you want me to throw it…,” Hyesung stared his boyfriend.

“Listen, I’m not angry or something. Don’t feel afraid, okay?” Eric looked at his boyfriend and who frozen in their sit. And they couldn’t believe with everything they just heard.

“Really, hyung?” Junjin finally talked.”You always jealous everytime Hyesung hyung got something from that man.”

Eric looked at Hyesung’s hand and caressed it.”I’m afraid? Jealous? Yes, of course. But I want to be a better man for Hyesung. Someone who believe in him, someone who never make a small thing become a big one.”

They fell silent before saw the main vocal throwing his body into Eric’s warm hug. “Oh, Eric!”

“And the cheesy drama is coming!” Dongwan rolled his eyes, earned another slap from Minwoo.

Andy just smiled before heard a whisper from Junjin,”Eric hyung is changing, right?”

The maknae nodded. Changing, to be a better one.