Chapter 2 Save me

10 Days with the Demon

CHAPTER    two    save    me  

 

My eyes wondered down to his broad shoulders…and lower.

“You seem to have taken interest in my tie.” Kris smiled.

“I… didn’t mean to stare. I was just trying to figure out what kind of pin that is.”

“Ah, this…” He lightly his tiepin, which was shaped like a skull. “I consider this something of a lucky charm. It has seen me through quite a bit these past few years.”

“It’s really unique.”

“Yes, this was custom-made.”

We talked more about work and other random things as we walked down the street. I kept on having this very odd feeling that someone is watching. At first I thought that it was just Kris, but my heart kept racing and paranoia just won me over. I suddenly stopped to somehow show Kris that I am troubled.

“Is there something wrong?”

“You know that feeling that you have when someone is watching you?” I asked not really wanting an answer. “It’s weird, but for some reason I feel like someone is watching me…” I glanced over my shoulder, catching the gaze of a young man. The young man immediately turned red and disappeared down a side street. Cute! Maybe Sora IS right, I do seem to have turned a few heads today.

Kris seem to have spotted the man as well, but he said nothing, I wonder if is jealous. He pulled me closer and placed his hand on my back as we resumed our walk. Interesting…

“It’s just one more block.” He stated.

“Sounds great. But I’ve been meaning to ask.”  He looked at me as if telling me that he’s listening. “Why exactly did you—”

“Why did I suddenly approach you today?” He said knowing that I would ask this question sooner or later.

I nodded.

Instead of answering, he just pulled me a little closer and looked at me with a devilish smile. Good enough for me.

We ended up at a trendy bar. Soft lighting illuminated a staircase leading to the second-floor lounge. A handsome waiter stopped by with a tray of cocktails right as we were sitting on a couch.

“Good evening.” He smiled. “My name is Kai, and I’ll be taking EXTREMELY good care of you tonight.” He said looking into my eyes. I couldn’t help but blush. His skin was so beautifully tanned, and his lips looked so soft. His eyes were locked on mine; I couldn’t take my eyes off of him. “Let me start you off with something special.” Kai placed two cocktails on the table in front of us. There’s something really elegant about the way he moves, as if he’s used to being stared at. And no wonder. He’s gorgeous! “This is a sample of the bartender’s latest.” He looked down on me. “It has a certain sweetness that our female customers find particularly… engaging.”

Kris cleared his throat.

“Of course, I hope that both of you enjoy it.”

The drink was a deep, blood red. Wait, I just remembered. Oh my god, I have to always mess everything up. How am I supposed to tell Kris? “This is actually really embarrassing, but I can’t drink at this moment.”

“Pardon me?” Kris said.

I really want to crawl under the table! “I’m actually still on antibiotics for an ear infection. Sorry… I should have mentioned that earlier.” I said feeling really bad that this whole thing is ruined because of me.

“I see” Kris said simply.

The waiter just stood there for a second and then said “Well, what a shame. I believe that this drink was inspired by a rather enchanting girl, quite like yourself”

Kris crossed his arms. I know he’s probably really disappointed, but I’m sure that this will be a great way to learn more about him.

Kai then interrupted my thoughts. “But in any case, I’ll just leave it with you, just in case you change your mind.”

Kris was quiet as the waiter moved on to the next table. “Sorry again” I said

“It’s fine”

Whatever connection we seemed to have slowly vanished afterwards. I tried to start many conversations but he just ended up answering me using less than 10 words. I know that I messed up but he’s being too cruel.

We finally left the bar.

“Good night.” Kris said coldly.

“Thanks for taking me out today, it was really nice.”

“Sure.”

What kind of response is that?! My head was a mess, I felt guilty but angry at the same time. Did I say anything that offended him? I should probably talk to him tomorrow at work, just in case. I tightly gripped the strap of my bag and walked down the sidewalk. I jabbed my fingers in my bag only to realize that I left it at the bar. I turned around and headed back the way I just walked.

It took me a moment to recognize the dog sitting in front of my apartment. I finally smiled after what seemed like a very long time. I started talking to him and patting his head. I sighed. “I should’ve taken Lay’s offer to drink coffee rather than wasting my time with Kris.”

Suddenly an explosion, causing loud noise and the window to shatter, happened. Shadow and I both looked up. There’s smoke and fire coming out of that window. Wait that’s MY window, I started cursing in my head. Then I heard a familiar voice.

“Are you kidding me she’s still outside?!” I heard someone yell.

I whipped around to find five familiar men slowly approaching. There was Kai, the waiter from that bar, and Kris too. And Lay was here too with his silent companion. I even recognize the guy who was following me earlier.

“What are you all doing here? What the hell have you done to my apartment?!”

“This is ridiculous” Kris said.

“I’m afraid luck hasn’t been on our side today.” Lay stated.

Kris shot him a glare “Luck has nothing to do with this. Let’s get this over with.”

“What?!” I asked genuinely confused.

“Sorry to break it down for you but you are supposed to be dead” Kai said.

“Dead?!” I freaked out.

Lay smiled at showing his dimple, even though it’s not the best time to smile, and said “What Kai is trying to say is that somehow you missed every attempt at your scheduled death today.”

“Real funny,” I said. “People don’t have scheduled deaths.”

“You humans never know how to accept what’s right in front of you.” Lay’s silent companion sighed.

“And who are you?” I questioned

“Your kind has invented many names for us. Angels of Death, Demons, Grim reapers. Is it really necessary to go on?”

“Come on Xiumin… she’s scared enough as it is.” Xiumin is Lay’s silent companion.

“By the way my name is Chen.” He smiled.

Kris took out a pocket watch and stared at it in irritation. “Would someone take care of this already?” He yelled.  “We need to collect her soul and move on.”

Something is strange. The way Shadow almost knocked me into traffic this morning. I turned to Kai and asked “Was my drink poisoned?”

“Smart girl, you finally understand.” A hint of sarcasm was apparent. “Don’t worry it would have been a quick painless death.”

“Is that why you asked me out tonight, Kris, just so you could-”

“Kill you? Yes” He said indifferently.

My knees feel weak. “I’m supposed to be dead?”

“It’s about time.” Xiumin said.

“Can’t you find some way to help me, Kris?” I pleaded.

“This is the end just accept it” he stated harshly.

“Just give me 10 more days! Please!”

“what?” Kai said surprised.

I could see Lay smiling at me.

“Give me 10 more days that’s all I ask for”

“Oh, come on” Xiumin scoffed.

“Impossible you have already lived longer than what you were supposed to.” Kris argued. “The reincarnation agents will know that we missed the original collection time.”

“But…” Chen said

“End of discussion” Kris seemed to be determined.

I need to find a way to get out of this mess. Should I just go for it and run? They’ll probably catch up to me. I can’t die now, I just started my life. I still have so many dreams and goals that I want to achieve. Someone save me please.

 

14don03-1.jpg

credit for layout angela_styles

link: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/239490/loverush-layouts-graphics-shinee-exo-layouts-resources-tokkiberry