3/3 - Now or Never.

It's My Turn to Cry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

          Saturday, at the Café in front of Haru’s University, 10 AM…

 

Kai sipped into his hot cappuccino with a happy smile all over his face. He kept his eyes to the Seoul University right across the café, hoping the girl he had been waiting all this time to show up. He also observes everything with a happy mind.

Today, right after he wakes up, everything he sees are beautiful. He even winked to an ahjumma in front of his flat while usually he would just bow to her.

He is overly happy for this day to come, he already plan a to-do-list for Haru and he can’t wait to realize all of those to do list.

A stupid smile comes up to his face again just by imagining things with Haru in it. He is stupidly in love with a sunshine girl like her. ‘Ugh, so corny you crazy bastard.’ Kai muttered inside his mind.

Suddenly the Seoul University’s security push the gate and it alarmed Kai that Haru’s morning class already finished by now. He straightened his back and put down the cappuccino’s mug. His heart suddenly started to try breaking his ribs. Kai freeze in his spot without moving with both his eyes look straight to the gate until Haru walks out from it.

Kai’s eyes become bigger than before at the sight of her. There she is *sigh* standing so beautifully with her usual fashion sense –a t-shirt with cardigan and a jacket then a super bulky shawl around her neck. A jeans and a doc martens boots make her even more perfect in Kai’s eyes.

Haru stands in front of the university’s gate with a frown in her flush face. She is looking at her mobile phone intensely and Kai takes it as the reason why she had a frowned in her face. As Kai staring at the frozen Haru just across the road, suddenly he realize there is no umbrella – his umbrella.

With that, a frown also comes to Kai’s face.

Out of the blue someone clears their throat just beside him, making Kai to looks up.

“Hey man..” The man with a pointed ears stands right beside him.

“What the heck are you doing here Chanyeol?” Kai mindlessly asks him. Of course, Kai was surprised at Chanyeol’s sudden appearance.

Chanyeol shrugged his shoulder carelessly and takes a sit in front of Kai’s without asking for permission. “Well, just want to return your umbrella.” Chanyeol takes out Kai’s umbrella from the umbrella’s pocket at his bag pack.

Kai stares hard at the umbrella before his eyes. Sure, it is his umbrella but the question is how the hell his umbrella with Chanyeol when he is so sure to give it to Haru?

Kai’s frown become deeper than before and he doesn’t want to imagine any scenario between this friend of him and the girl he is in love with.

“She once said to me,” Chanyeol opened his mouth and gaining Kai’s attention. “She won’t ever believe what other people trying to tell her unless she see everything by her eyes. Yet, you believe them.” 

“You know exactly what am I trying to say to you Kai.” Chanyeol says again.

“What?” Kai raises a brow at him and takes a glance to a girl that still standing at earlier place.

“Everyone had told her, ME had told her.” Chanyeol says and Kai grits his tooth. “I had told her about you and your cheating habit behind her back.” Chanyeol frowns at this topic but still continue. “But she never listen and she never will, telling me that you are just so stress because of working too hard to reach your damn dream. ‘Damn it Haru, he has been a genius at dancing maybe since he was born. So why would he be stressed because of dancing?’ that’s what I tell her.” Chanyeol chuckles darkly and he never continues this story again because he is sure Kai knows exactly what’s next.

Yes, Kai knows. Even everyone had told Haru about him and his bad habit, Haru still believe him. Because Haru believe her eyes more than her ears. If people just keep saying that Kai is a bad boyfriend without giving her a real example that she can look with both her eyes, she will never believe them. Haru is never listening to other people. She do what she think the right things to do.

So different with Kai, he is listening to other people and regretting later on.

He listened to the girls at the school hall at started to get embarrassed at everything Haru did. He stayed away from Haru just for everyone to think that he was forced to be Haru’s boyfriend. He listened and listened but in the end he is the one that regret for ever listening to people.

“The day you gave her your umbrella, she run to my house right after.” Chanyeol talks again but Kai really wanted to punch him for secretly have a bond time with Haru. Yet, he tries to keep his emotion down and let Chanyeol continue.

“The first thing she said was ‘What if I am a bet again?’ but I don’t understand anything so I ask her to explain what had happened. She told me about how you suddenly showed up and everything. But the next thing she said surprise me.” Kai gulps down his saliva again.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter