Brewing

I am Merely a Fan

(A/N: Sorry if I was a bit late with this chapter...anyway, here is a slightly longer update to make up for it.)

 

Min and I are currently waiting for Yuri and Hyo-noonas in the backstage of the theatre-like room for the auditions and this time, there were only 7 guys left, including me. We only had about 4 hours of practice together but I’m confident enough that we’ll be able to execute the performance well, after all, the noonas are professionals. As I look at my fellow auditionees, I somehow felt like I am the least prepared. I mean, everyone has their own props, those who have backups are in their respective costumes or whatever. While me, well, I’m in my usual shirt and straight-cut jeans coupled with my black converse shoes. Yuri and Hyo-noona told me to dress comfortably so as to be able to dance freely so we decided to just be in t-shirts and jeans. I wonder where they are now. The first guy is already on stage but the noonas aren’t here yet. Good thing I’m second to the last to perform.

 

When the 4th guy was called, two people entered the backstage and are wearing black face masks and caps with their hair tied in a ponytail. They then approached me and I just smiled and greeted them “Noonas, I thought you won’t be coming.” Min translated and the two whispered. “We were just outside watching the first performers…they’re really nothing.” “We got this!” Yuri and Hyo-noonas replied which were translated by Min of course.

 

“Nervous?” Hyo-noona asked? Am I? I think so…Making music and performing is what I really wanted—which was cut short when that thing happened 2 years ago. I was just given the opportunity to be back and somehow, I really don’t want to mess this up. I just nodded and smiled weakly.

 

Yuri-noona then pinched my cheek and said “Yah! You are the new boy member of our dork subunit so prove us that you deserve it!” After it was translated by Min, I smiled widely while my cheek is still being held by Yuri-noona. I then started doing the dork dance craze by the so-called dork subunit composed of different S.M. Artists. Yes, that group exists and I was just officially inducted yesterday after practice by Donghae and Eunhyuk-hyungs with the presence of course, of the dorks of SNSD, Yuri, Hyo, Sooyoung, and Yoona-noonas. Hyo and Yuri-noonas started dancing too while Min records the video and laughs. We noticed the others looking at us but being the dorks that the noonas are, we invited them to join us. We were having our little party in the backstage when a staff called the fifth performer so we decided to stop and save our energy for our performance.

 

After a few minutes, I was called, so me, Yuri and Hyo-noonas entered the stage. In front were seated the same set of judges as the last time. Haneul was at the back part together with Jess and Yoona-noonas who are waving their caps in the air for support. Yoona-noona was even pretending to shout for our names but of course, no sound could be heard to prevent gathering attention from the staff and auditionees who finished their performances. I’m just really glad right now that I met these wonderful people. This performance is for you. I smiled at them to show my appreciation.

 

I bowed to the judges and greeted them, “Good afternoon. My name is Amber J. Liu. I played the guitar and sang last time but today, I want to show you a different side of me. Together with my friends, we will dance to a song by Chris Brown. So sit back, relax and enjoy.” I again bowed and moved to my position. 

 

The song started and we were immediately immersed in the performance. We just did as we practiced and in a matter of minutes, the performance is done without any major mistake especially with my backflips. I looked briefly at the judges and they were busy writing their scores but I hope they liked what we did. 

 

The three of us headed to where our group is and Jess and Yoona, who are now wearing their caps, stood up and met us halfway. I noticed them bringing bottles of water and towels. Jess then said, “I never really expected you to be that good.” She then winked at me and went straight to Yuri-noona to give her some water and a towel. Yoona-noona also gave Hyo-noona a towel and a bottle of water before walking to me and giving me mine. “Dongsaeng! You dance very good.” She said and gave me a high-five. “Thank you noona. You think I will get in?” I asked with a smile. “You win? Of course!” She replied. Haneul and Min gave me two thumbs ups upon reaching their seats. Since Yoona-noona and I arrived last, we took the farthest seats beside Yuri and Jess-noonas. 

 

With everyone’s support, I feel light and confident with the results. While watching the last performer though, I can’t help but look at Yuri-noona who was seated beside Yoona-noona because I think, she is having a fight with Jess? Yoona-noona then noticed me and smiled. “Don’t…they are just showing their care.” 

 

“Huh?” I looked at her and asked.

 

“You be with them for long time. You will know.” She held my chin and forced me to face in front. 

 

After the last auditionee, we were gathered and informed that those who passed today’s audition shall receive a call by next week and that the audition finals shall be held 4 weeks from now. 

 

“Now that our dongsaeng successfully performed in his audition, shall we go out and celebrate…we have a few more hours before practice anyway.” Yuri-noona said.

 

“Let’s go out and eat! I’m hungry!” Yoona-noona exclaimed happily.

 

“Shikshin number 2 has spoken. Any other ideas?” Yuri-noona replied. I was just looking at anyone who speaks, you know the reason why.

 

“I’d love to but I can’t join you right now. I have to finish some paper works upstairs.” Haneul replied.

 

“Can’t too…have to go somewhere.” “Me too.” Hyo and Min said.

 

Everyone then looked at me so I just gave them my confused stare…”Uhmm, guys…you didn’t forget that I don’t speak Korean right?”

 

“When will you learn Korean? I thought you’re having lessons?” Jess said, and based on her voice, she is not in a good mood. “I am…but I just started this Monday.” “Yeah, yeah…I’ll just wait in the lobby once you’ve settled this out.” Jess replied. Wow, what happened to her? I looked at Haneul but Yuri-noona grabbed my arm saying, “You with us. We will party.”

 

“Sorry? What party?” I asked still confused. The others just smiled. We were already in the hallway when Min said, “You’re going with Yuri, Yoona and Jess to eat. Haneul-oppa, Hyo and I have something else to do.” “What? Where are you going?” I asked. “Sorry llama, I forgot to tell you that my Korean friend wanted to meet at 5pm and I doubt I’ll be by the hotel for dinner, so don’t bother waiting up for me.” Min replied. I just sighed and nodded.

 

The 4 of us are now walking to a cafe restaurant where SNSD usually hangs out. Jess and Yoona are walking ahead of us while Yuri-noona and I are walking side by side when she asked, “You not mad on Sica?” “No. Why will I be?” I asked back. “She said…you know. Don’t angry. She is mood change.” I just smiled. They really are sisters. “Jung sisters…same. You problem on SooJung?” I looked at noona…”We know you like baby Jung.” She winked at me. 

 

“What?!” I was surprised that I blurted it out loud. The 2 girls in front of us looked back and Jess said angrily, “Yah! You two walk like turtles! We only have a few time left before practice so you guys better walk fast or else!” Yuri-noona and I gulped and followed them. 

 

“Noona! What did you do that made her like that?” I whispered. “Eh? I not understand…you learn Korean fast.” She replied. Yeah, I really need to learn Korean fast.

 

Upon arriving in the restaurant, Jess-noona surprisingly changed her mood which can be seen while she’s talking to the manager. I guess they really are regulars here that they even have a special booth in the second floor. There were still available seats in the first floor but the manager led us to SNSD’s booth so we are currently the only ones occupying the floor. The booth was designed for at least twelve people so it really is big with just the four of us. We then each took the four different corners to stretch and relax our legs. The manager himself gave us the menu but unfortunately, most are in Hangul.

 

“You like Korean food?” Yoona-noona then asked me. I looked at her and replied with a smile, “I like ddeokbokki.” “Really?! Me too!” She said happily. “You like everything Yoong…”Jess said and looked up at the manager to order. “Keke, right unnie.” Yoona said and added, “Dongsaeng, I order for you okay. I pay too.” She smiled but I argued, “No noona, I will share the bill.” 

 

“No, I eat many so I will pay.” Yoona-noona then said and ordered. “Yoona is right Amber…she eats a lot and besides, let us treat you now…you’ll treat us in the coming days anyway, when everyone is here. Haha!” Jess noona’s mood really is unpredictable. I just smiled and nodded.

 

When the manager left, the noonas decided to have an interview game where they ask me questions and I get to ask them in return. Yuri-noona asked me how much I like Krystal and of course, I can no longer deny it since Haneul and Min seemed to have exposed my secret, including the scene in the practice room where I first saw her. I just answered I don’t know how much but I do like her. I stared at how Jess  will react but she kept her poker face on. Yuri-noona then said that I could ask them questions now but I had to excuse myself for the restroom. They then told me that it was downstairs and taught me the directions.

 

I found the restroom easily and this time, I double-checked the signs. Yep, I entered the correct room. When I was done with my business, I immediately went out to go straight back at our table. I was about to climb the stairs when I saw a purse fall. I picked it up and tapped the shoulder of the girl walking a few feet from me.

 

“Krystal?” Yes, the girl turned around and she is my princess. I found it easy to smile even after the sleepless nights she brought on me these past days. She however, was shocked seeing me but eventually, she smiled. “Amber, what are you doing here?”

 

“I was just having some late lunch with my friends. Is this yours?” I asked and showed her the purse.

 

“SooJung? The table is set. Oh, you know him?” A guy then interrupted us. “Ah, oppa! He is a fan.” Krystal said. Did she just call me as 'just a fan'? And here I was, thinking you want to be at least friends with me. 

 

“Llamaber!” A loud voice called. I looked up at the stairs and saw Yuri and Yoona-noonas descending. “Oh, SooJung…Minho.” Yuri-noona said, surprised when she saw who I was with. The 2 then went at either side of me and greeted Krystal and Minho. Damn! So they’re having a date now huh? Well at least I got my answer.

 

“You know them?” Krystal asked me. “Ah, yes. I’m actually with them.” I answered. Minho and Yuri noona are now having an intense staring competition, I wonder what’s up with them? Yoona-noona then grabbed my arm and smiled saying, “Haneul-oppa introduced him to us…I didn’t know you know him too.”

 

“Yes, unnie. He was introduced to us by Haneul-oppa too, last week.”

 

(A/N: Nothing much was revealed yet...but I do think you know where this is going right? I'm saying it now...I'm sorry to all those hoping for Jessber to happen. It's just that, I already thought about the plot even before posting this so I can't change it and put Jess as the other girl for Amber. I'm sorry again. You'll know why I can't have Jess and Ber together in the next update, that is, if you will still read. I hope you do though...please? :D)