Chapter o4

Calling You.

 

O4

“Yeobosaeyo?” Taemin said through the phone.

“Who’s this?” Bae asked sternly.

“Isn’t this Jieun? Or did I call the wrong number?”

“I’m asking you again, who’s this?”

“T-Taemin.”

Then, there was a rattling sound and it was silent. On the other line, he could hear Jieun’s voice talking to the man.

“Who is it?” Taemin could hear her ask the man.

“Some guy named Taemin.”

Jieun quickly placed the phone on her ear and said;

“Hello?”

“Jieun? Is that you?” he asked.

“Yes. But how did you get my number?” Jieun asked, confused.

“Err, it fell from the sky.” He joked.

Jieun giggled hard and Bae smirked at her. It was the first time she laughed since she moved to Korea.

“How are you?” Taemin asked, sounding very concerned.

“I’m fine. Thanks for your concern.” Jieun smiled to herself.

Then, they chatted for a few minutes and they realized that it was already night. Bae was sleeping on the couch since he will be taking care of her these few days.

“Will you go to school tomorrow?”

“It’s not like I have a choice.”

“Good. See you tomorrow then. Good night, sweet dreams!”

“You too!”

 

It was already 10p.m. and L.Joe was lying on his bed, thinking whether or not he should sneak into the school to get Jieun’s number. After what seemed like an hour, he finally decided to sneak in. He changed his clothes into a darker outfit.

He tiptoed downstairs, trying not to wake his hyungs up. It was quite unfortunate for him that Minsoo was still awake and he noticed L.Joe. Minsoo looked at him and raised his eyebrow.

“Bro, where are you going?” He asked.

“I want to get some fresh air. I’ll be back before 12.” L.Joe said, smiling.

“Okay and you think you can get away from me? Now tell me the truth, where are you going?”

L.Joe could feel sweat running down his forehead. He swallowed a lump of saliva before delivering his words to Minsoo.

“Fine, you got me. I’m going out to smoke.” He lied.

Minsoo smiled and nodded his head. Then, he shooed L.Joe and continued munching the potato chips he was eating earlier.

L.Joe quickly ran out from the house and rode his motorbike to school. When he arrived at the school, he saw there was a guard at the front gate. So he decided to go through the back gate.

He climbed the gate as fast as lightning and he landed on his legs. He quietly walked to the main office which was on the first floor. He climbed up to the balcony and rushed to the door to the main office. But to his misfortune, it was locked.

He was twisting the doorknob a few times but it didn’t budge. Then, he suddenly remembered the pocket knife he had brought along. So he used the pocket knife to unlock the door. When he successfully unlocked the door, he pushed it and it made a creaking sound.

Then, he sneaked in and headed for the drawer that had all the files of the students. He fiddled through the files and searched for Jieun’s file. When he found it, he felt accomplished. He pumped his fists in the air as the sign of victory.

He wrote Jieun’s number on his palm and quickly placed back her files. As he was trying to climb down from the balcony, the guard came and flashed his torchlight towards him.

“Who’s there?” The guard asked.

L.Joe was surprised by his existence which made him fall from the balcony. He let out a small groan and stood back up. Then, he ran towards the back gate and climbed out. He could hear the guard’s running feet, but it stopped eventually. With a loud sigh he stopped at the nearest shop to catch some breath.

L.Joe had injured his leg which made him have a hard time walking back home. When he reached home, his hyungs were already asleep. He sighed in relief as he went to take a pack of ice from the fridge.

He dropped on his bed and put the ice on his injured leg. He looked at his palm and smiled to himself.

The next day, it was Thursday and Jieun’s class had Vocal Class again. Luckily, the school was checking all the blonde boys and asked them to gather in the gym.

L.Joe came to school with a cast on his leg and his friends were helping him to walk. He surprised when the teacher called his name.

“Mr. Lee, please go to the gym.” The teacher said.

“Why do I have to?” L.Joe asked coldly.

“Because you’re blonde.”

“Fine, but my friends need to help me walk there.”

The teacher then eyed him weirdly and looked at his cast. She shook her head and sighed.

“When will he ever stop fighting?” She said.

L.Joe’s friends were shooed by the guard, so he had to walk alone to the gym. When all the blonde boys had gathered in the gym, the guard looked at each of them carefully. When he saw L.Joe, he asked him why he was injured.

“I was in a fight.” L.Joe simply lied.

The guard was still eyeing him until he saw another blonde boy with an injured leg. He quickly made his way towards that boy and questioned him;

“What’s wrong with your leg?”

“I fell down yesterday.” The boy looked at him innocently. He looked really pale and sick.

“A-ha! I’ve found the culprit!” The guard said.

“What? What are you talking about?” The boy asked, looking very confused.

The guard didn’t reply to his question and just dragged him to the office. L.Joe looked at the boy and smirked. He was snickering to himself.

After that was done, L.Joe walked back to his class. But on the way there, he saw Jieun with Taemin. They were acting very lovey-dovey and Jieun couldn’t stop laughing. L.Joe was just standing there, looking at their every move.

He followed Jieun and Taemin from behind then Taemin left her and headed off to his class. The two ‘love birds’ waved their hands with a smile on their faces. L.joe came up with a brilliant idea to walk with Jieun.

Just then, he felt heavy on one side. He looked to his right and saw Bomi clinging onto his arm. He shot her a dirty look and pulled his arm away. Bomi pouted and folded her arms. Then, she saw his injured leg.

“Yah, what’s wrong with your leg?” Bomi asked in a concerned tone.

“I had a fight.” He lied – as his eyes were locked on Jieun.

Before Bomi could say anything else, Minsoo and Chanhee came up to them. They high-fived and bumped their bodies onto each other.

“Minsoo! Why didn’t you take care of L.Joe?” Bomi scolded him.

Minsoo looked at her, confused.

“What on earth are you babbling about now?” He asked.

“Just look at L.Joe’s leg. It’s injured!”

“Well, maybe if you didn’t cling up to him all the time, he’d have space to walk. But no, with you always around him, how can he not fall and injure his leg. Hmm?” Minsoo asked sarcastically.

L.Joe and Chanhee snickered at Bomi which made her explode in anger. The boys left her alone as they headed to their next class.

Bomi stomped her foot hard on the ground angrily. She walked to her next class alone without her friends. She had English now which was her worst subject. But she really loves English and she hopes to be fluent in it someday.

When she arrived at the classroom, she scanned the whole room. None of her friends were there and the only girl she spotted was Jieun. L.Joe was at the back of the class with his legs on the table. It looks like he’s dozing off.

Bomi thought she should sit next to him but when she entered the class, one of L.Joe’s friend sat next to him. Bomi puffed her cheeks and decided to sit somewhere near him. Jieun was in front of her while L.Joe was behind her.

The teacher then came in and started today’s lesson. The teacher saw L.Joe but ignored him. She looked at his friend with a raised eyebrow. L.Joe’s friend quickly woke him up to prevent him getting detention.

“This isn’t your home, L.Joe -” The teacher stopped for a while as she titled her head. It was strange for her to call him L.Joe but since that’s what all the teachers call him, she has no choice but to call him L.Joe too.

“- please behave.” She said.

L.Joe nodded and sat properly on his seat. He looked in front at the teacher and tried to focus. The lesson went on and on and L.Joe felt like his head was going to drop any minute.

“Okay, now find a partner.” The teacher suddenly asked.

“Why?” One of the classmates asked.

“I’m giving a quiz and I want you to do it in pairs. The 2 pairs that get the most correct answers will win a prize.” The teacher smiled.

L.Joe paired up with his friend that was sitting next to him and so was everyone else. The only people that didn’t pair up were Jieun and Bomi. The teacher smiled at the both of them and asked them to pair up.

“But –“ Bomi stopped as she looked at Jieun’s face. She was sure she felt the same as Jieun.

L.Joe looked at Bomi as she got up from her seat and sat next to Jieun. He could see the awkwardness from the back of her head. The two girls exchanged glances, awkwardly. Bomi felt a little insecure without her friends, as she felt kind of guilty for stopping Jieun on her very first day.

Jieun felt very uneasy when she saw Bomi coming and sat beside her.She fiddled her fingers and bit her lower lip to hold in her nervousness.



 

███ melon's corner

hey ho! (: yaaaaay! we finally updated! x3 are you happy? (please say yes, LOL)
sorry we made you wait for an update D; we were a bit tired lately (or lazy)
and we couldn't get any good ideas a.k.a writers block ;A;
anyways, i hope you enjoy this chapter! ^^ andand do tell me if this chapter was ish
or there was some grammer mistakes, okay? /hugsandkisses :D