Chapter 2

Only You

[Minah's POV]

I sat there in my seat sadly, only thinking about my piano. I pleaded and begged her not to show my dad or have him throw it away. It may not be literally thrown away, but it wasn't there anymore in the garage. 

I was quiet throughout the whole class. I didn't even bring lunch with me. 

I took a look at the composed song I had made up called 'Alone' . About 3-4 pages long. 

"You like piano?" The guy that sat next to me asked. His name was Jaebum. We would talk to each other sometimes but not anything serious. 

"Yeah..." I answered. "I composed this one though," 

"Really?" He looked surprised. "I wanna hear it! Can I hear you play it?" He requested. 

"How? I don't have a piano to play it on." I tossed my music sheet in front of me. He didn't say anything. He sat there twiddling his fingers as I sat there miserably and quietly. 

The end of 6th period came . I was the last the leave the door when someone pulled me aside. 

"Close your eyes," Jaebum commanded. 

"Why?" 

"Just trust me . Close them." I closed my eyes. He placed his hands over them so I wouldn't peek. 

He was leading me somewhere. "Where are we going?" I kept asking. 

"Just a few more steps ." He removed his hands. "And..open! Tadah! The piano room," we were in the piano room that was closed a while back because of an incident that happened between a class. 

"I thought this room was locked up," I said. 

"Yeah, it was until I opened it," he said gleefully.

"...Jaebum? How did you open this room?"

"I..sorta jacked the key and made a copy?" He shrugged his shoulders.

"Wait, why would you want a copy of the key?" I asked.

"I'll tell you later, for now, lets hear your composed song," he pointed to the piano. I gave him a look and he just smiled like an idiot.

"Fine," I walked over to the piano and sat down and touched the keys. I took one look at the music sheet and closed my eyes.

[Jaebum's POV]

She shut me out of her world. Nothing could distract her at this point. She looked like she was at peace even though she wasnt smiling. Minah was always a quiet girl in class and I never knew she had this side to her. Honestly, she looked beautiful. Even though  I just met her, I hated seeing her down in the dumps. 

"That's a beautiful piece Minah. You said you composed it right?"

"Yup." she said joyfully. "Wow, thank you so much for unlocking the piano room, ... I miss having my hands on a piano," she nodded.

"You're welcome, oh and you can call me JB for short. I usually dont let anyone call me JB for short." I  said. 

"Ok, JB. You can call me Minah for short," she reassured me. 

I made a confused face. "But that's your name,"

"Hehe I know!" she said cutely. I giggled out in response from her cuteness. 

She started poking me out of nowhere. I looked up to see her smiling and mouthing thank you. I avoided her eyes to keep myself from blushing.