Chapter 3

Only You

[Jaebum's POV]

"So how long have you played piano?" Minah and I were taking a stroll along the park. It was a nice breezy day. 

"For a while. Ever since I was 5. I got intersted when I first watched this chinese movie called 'Secret'. I thought it was cool the way they could play with their eyes closed, so I sorta trained myself to do so." 

"Im actually not all that good at piano." I confessed. "I mean I could play it, but I cant do it with my eyes closed." 

"That's alright. It takes time if you learn to play with your ears rather than your eyes." she smiled. "What kind of music are you into?" she asked. 

"I like classical music. Beethoven...Mozart..."

"Have you heard of Yiruma?" she came out of nowhere stopping in her tracks.

"Mhm, I have all of his tracks in my iPod," I took my iPod out to show her. "This ones my favorite," it was 'Maybe' by Yiruma.

"Me too! This one is my favorite!" she excitedly said. 

We sat on the park bench listening to this song on repeat. I watched her long black hair blow in the wind as she closed her eyes and listened to the music. 

"Why do you close your eyes so often?" I asked curiously. 

She took a moment ,"Because...when music hits you, you feel no pain," she said. That quote sounded familiar.

"Is that quote from Bob marley?" 

"Yup, one of my favorite quotes." she sorta laid back on her hands and then checked the time. "Oh man, I have to go, I should be doing homework by now. Ill see you tomorrow!" Minah hopped off the bench and swung her backpack on.

"Bye!" I watched her as she left. Her hair blowing in the wind. She turned back and waved. I waved back and smiled.

Nightfall came and I lied there on my bed listening to 'Maybe' by Yiruma over and over again thinking about Minah. Her smile...her hair...her skin...her talent... I could go on with the list. I got up and looked through my backpack and found Minah's composed piece 'Alone'. 

I went over to my piano and played it. It looked alittle complicated and the rhythym was very slow. I tried playing it the way she did but I just couldnt. 

I thought back to what Minah said earlier "It takes time to learn to play with you ears rather than your eyes" "Because...when music hits you, you feel no pain," 

I closed my eyes, layed my fingers on the piano, and played 'Maybe'. It had a different imapct comapred to me looking at the music sheet.