Chapter 1

Only You

[Minah's POV]

"What is this Minah?..." My mom asked holding my report card in her hand.I stayed quiet feeling guilty.  "Why would you hide your report card?"

"Because you were going to throw my piano away..Please dont do it mommy!Please dont show it to daddy!" I pleaded on my knees begging her not to throw it away. 

"Ok...I wont." She said with a straight face. That calmed me down. 

"I promise I'll do better on the next report card. Just please dont throw away my piano," I sincerely said with a melancholy tone.

My mom hugs me and leads me to my bedroom to have me take my medicine. I soon fall asleep a couple of minutes later. 

The next morning I had to attend school. It was a normal day as usual. I couldnt wait to get my hands on my piano tonight. I miss it.

I get home to see my dad working on the car with the garage door open and my piano not present. "Daddy, where is my piano?"

"Oh, Minah. Daddy needed more room to put the car in. So I put it up for sale at the pawn shop." He said wiping his greasy oily hands on an old rag. 

"What's the whole point of putting a car in the garage if you're just going to use anyway?"

"You dont undertand Minah," he went back under the hood.

"No, you dont undestand." I kicked his tire and walked into the house. He shouted my name but I tuned him out. I slammed the door behind me scaring my mom in the kitchen.  I walked in, "How could you?" 

My mom did the exact same thing to let me know: they would look at me, sigh, say my name and give me an excuse for why I couldnt keep my piano. They were always selfish that way. 

I slammed and locked my door shut. I lied on my bed letting the tears out. As I lie there in my bed miserably, I took a look at my left hand that had a bruise the size of a jolly rancher candy. 

"What the?.."  I dont remember hitting anything nor do I remember anything hitting  me. I sorta brushed it off thinking everybody gets bruises not remembering where they got it from, its a normal thing. 

My piano. I always kept a smaller piano just in case hidden somewhere in  my bedroom. I took my mini piano that was hidden abover my dresser and touched the keys before I played it.

I closed my eyes as I let my fingers press the notes. I couldnt play it so loud. I was in my own little world. 

Then I suddenly saw a flash of light and I opened my eyes immediately then closed them once more. But it happened again once I closed my eyes but with a major headache throbbing my brain. I stopped playing and opened my eyes. The room was beginning to spin and my vision was getting blurry. I tried clossing my eyes for second but I ended up falling back onto my pillow.