First

Before The Rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook ran a little bit further, only to prevent rain from destroying his new done hair. Just as he felt the drizzle stop above him, he looked up to see what ceased it. It was an umbrella with adorable pink lion prints on it. He smiled as the thought of Taehyung sheltering him appeared. His eyes travelled from the umbrella’s stick, to it’s handle and lastly to the hand that held it up high. Those slender and pale fingers seemed so familiar, it looked like Taehyung’s but no.. where did the silver ring Jungkook gave for their second year anniversary go?

 

 

Thoughts filled up Jungkook’s small memory. Did they break up? No, of course not. He remembered that they had dinner together yesterday, at the park, sort of like a night time picnic. Well, that’s what Jungkook’s mind informed him. Forgetful, that actually happened back then, when the world just resembles the two of them. Jungkook tilted his head upwards, back to the same height as the first place. His eyes happened to be on the same level as the latter’s earlobe. Those earrings, eh that hair colour.. this really is Taehyung.

 

 

Just as Jungkook’s lips curved to say something, Taehyung left his side along with the umbrella, wetting him even more. Jungkook was left dumbfounded. What was all of that about? His eyes were still locked with Taehyung’s cold shoulder. Who cares what happened to his hair? The thing is, why did his boyfriend leave him like that? Or is he even his boyfriend still? Just as Taehyung left, the rain went heavier and the droplets fell harder on Jungkook, which really suited his heart at this moment.

 

 

“Yah, Jeon Jungkook! What are you doing?”, Moon Sangjun, Jungkook’s housemate scolded and rushed to Seokjin without any coverage on his head. He dragged his friend by the elbow and sat him beside the driver’s seat before keeping himself less drenched. He quickly strapped himself with the seatbelt and pointed to Jungkook’s side, directing him to wear his as well. The latter did as told, but his view was still stuck at the place where it all happened, where his heart was shattered unknowingly.

 

 

“Why didn’t you stay under shelter?”, Sangjun asked as he released the brake and started reversing his car. “You went out for five hours without telling me”, he added with a sterner voice, glancing at Jungkook once in a while. “You were lucky enough I w-“.  Jungkook’s voice slowly started to crack made Sangjun shut his tongue. “Hyung..”, he called but there wasn’t any respond. “Hyung, what’s wrong with Taehyung? Did yesterday’s sandwiches taste bad? Don’t eggs and mayonnaise go well? Or was it my clothing? Was it baggy? Is it too loose? Hyu-“, Jungkook was interrupted by his friend sighing. “I.. I’ll tell you when we reach home”, he hesitated, wondering if it was something worth telling.

 

 

-------------------------------

 

 

Jungkook darted into the toilet in his room, grabbing his towel along the way. The water heater broke, and with the cold rain, it really wasn’t the right moment to take a long bath. Within five minutes, Jungkook got out and slipped into black shorts and an oversized grey sweater that he usually wore back when Taehyung still loved him truthfully.

 

 

After about half an hour of lying in his cave, Jungkook got out of his bedroom with a face towel, still drying his half wet new coiffure. He walked in the kitchen and was greeted by Sangjun’s back. He was cooking pasta for dinner that night. Jungkook sat on the high stool and rested his chin on his fist, waiting for the food to be serve. Sangjun carried the pot to the counter where they always eat and jerked a little as he saw a pair of hands on the table.

 

 

“Oh, Jungkook. You scared me”, he told, pulling of the gloves and took out two bowls. The younger chuckled softly at his two year older best friend. He bit his lip and wriggled his fingertips, a habit he frequently repeats every time he’s anxious. “Why are you nervous all of a sudden?”, Sangjun asked and filled up the one of the two bowls with the food. He glanced at Jungkook before filling up the other. “Tell me”, he said and sat on the stool in front of his housemate, after a long time standing and doing chores. "What about T-Taehyung did you want to tell m-me?", Jungkook faltered.

 

 

Sangjun bit his lip and sighed. "You really want to know, huh?", he whispered and grabbed a fork, slowly getting ready to dig into the pasta. He peeked at Jungkook, who was eagerly staring at him for an explanation. "Y-You... You've got into an accident, Jungkook. This is nothing but just your mind fooling around", Sangjun stated as he let out a deep exhale out of his lips.

 

 

"Huh?”, Jungkook gasped, but his voice still hinting a slight curious feel.

 

 

“You loved Taehyung..

 

 

-------------------------------

 

 

It was June 28th 2012 when it all happened. The day was sunny, but the wind brought in a perfect breeze. Jungkook kicked the air as his legs stretched a little bit out. Slowly after taking a deep breath of the fresh air, his legs remained at the previous place, a bit over the rooftop, hanging in mid-air. He popped in his left earphone and played the soothing song by the famous British and Irish boy band, One Direction’s Gotta Be You. He hummed along to the song, reaching into the high notes that were easily reached in each chorus.

 

 

Admiring how amazing the song was and how perfect suited the weather that day, his eyes fluttered close before the last chorus was played. The thought of having someone loving him made him smile, the smile that hid different types of broken hearted. It made him realize how people were so easily playing with his heart and feelings. He falls in love too easily, not to mention every time his heart breaks. Nobody got the taste of how sincere Jungkook’s love was yet. Not until Taehyung came into his life.

 

 

Taehyung was Jungkook’s senior in high school, the senior that always kept an eye out for his junior. They would usually meet up at the school rooftop, eating pastry or sometimes even noodles and admiring the weather was something that the two never want to stop. When it rained, they would run under the shelter and giggle at how each other’s hair sprung out. But actually, no. When they were together, the weather didn’t seem to rain. It was either bright or a little bit cloudy.

 

 

Usually does rainy days came when one of them happens to be absent or got into detention. Those days usually come now in the year of 2012, since Taeh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter