Chapter 2

Always There

Taekwoon was happy. Jaehwan did came the next day. From his bright cheery smile as always, to the way he holds his pen. Taekwoon wanted to walk up to him and hug him, but he knew it was weird. I mean, who would just come up to you suddenly and hug you saying, "Oh, hey. I just wanted to hug you while you're doing your stuff. Don't mind me." Taekwoon held in all his needs and waited until another customer came. And he tried to ignore Jaehwan. Tried to.

However, Taekwoon was incredibly upset when Jaehwan didn't come on the next day. He was even more upset when Jaehwan didn't come the day after. Had something happened to Jaehwan? Was he sick? Busy? Or he had to fly all the way to Antartica and catch fish? Or had he- 

Oh, new customer. Taekwoon stopped all of his crazy thoughts that escalated a lot. During the whole day, he didn't seem to be happy. Well... Happy... I mean... Nevermind...

A whole month. Jaehwan didn't come for a whole month now. Taekwoon was nervous. Did Jaehwan left this place because he thought Taekwoon was too weird? No way. That couldn't be. Gosh, what if it was?! No. He had to stop now. He's thinking too much. Too much. But what if- shush Taekwoon. Shush.

-----

After another month, Jaehwan finally came. But Taekwoon still wasn't happy. Why? Lemme tell you. Jaehwan was pale and looked a lot more skinnier than before. He didn't even smile when he entered the shop. His lips barely moved when he ordered his drink. If Taekwoon hadn't ordered his drink for so many times, he would've thought that Jaehwan was saying, "And die have a chalk chalk pizza?" But Taekwoon gave him his drink right away. He watched Jaehwan the whole time. He was afraid something might happen to the tiny boy, he looked like he was about to faint any moment now. He didn't take any notes, he just stared at nothing as he jerked back and forth. Blinking so slowly that he took around five seconds to open his eyes again. Taekwoon could see that he was tired. And maybe stressed? Probably.

Soon, all of the customers left. Leaving him and the jerking boy. The other staffs had left, even his boss. It was seven thirty already. Usually Jaehwan would leave at five, but now? He looked like he would stay for another century. He sat on his chair as if he was glued on it. Taekwoon checked his watch again. Seven thirty two. This shop's about to close, so he had to remind the boy.

"Um, sorry to bother but this shop is closing now. You can come again tomorrow, I guess?" Said Taekwoon. But Jaehwan just looked at him. Trying to process what he was looking at.

"What?" Said Jaehwan. To Taekwoon, it sounded like, "Ahh?" Instead. 

"We're closing now," Taekwoon repeated.

"Oh... I-I'm sorry," Whispered Jaehwan. His breathing became short gasps, worrying Taekwoon more that ever.

"Jaehwan shi? Are you okay?" Taekwoon received a shake of the head to his question. He heard a soft whimper and a cough.

"N-no... I-I feel like I'm about to-" Jaehwan fell limp on Taekwoon's chest. Taekwoon was shocked, what was he going to do? Jaehwan fainted! He immediately caught Jaehwan, he felt his forehead and it was burning. He quickly lifted up the boy, but he felt like carrying a plastic chair instead. He ran into the parking lot with no problem since Jaehwan was so light. He opened his car door and carefully placed Jaehwan in. He tried to check his breathing, but he could barely feel it. He drove like a madman towards the hospital. He didn't care about anything else except for saving Jaehwan. He glanced at Jaehwan every three seconds, hoping to see some sign of movement but received none. Taekwoon was horrified. Looking at the boy who was laying limped on the seat, face pale and barely moving or breathing. All he could do was hope that Jaehwan was safe. He didn't know what had happened to him, but he guessed that maybe it was because of his schoolwork, or maybe his family. Taekwoon was sure that he never felt so worried about anyone in his life, but this Is Jaehwan, the boy he has a crush on. It didn't matter whether he reciprocated his feelings or not. All that mattered was Jaehwan's safety. Which was in his own very hands.