Chapter 3

Always There

Chapter 3 
Taekwoon zoomed across the dark, empty streets towards the hospital. He was lucky that the streets were empty, because he was even speeding past the speed limit, but at least still careful enough not to crash or drive pass the red lights. He had never ever drived this fast before, so it was kind of like an experience for him. Something like that. 
He was driving so quickly that he forgot why he was even going to the hospital in the first place. Oh yeah. That’s right. Jaehwan. He glanced over at the unconcious boy quickly. He was still extremely pale, looking like Snow White under the soft glow of the moonlight.  He was worried sick about Jaehwan. What’s wrong with him? Was he gonna be okay? He hoped that he was just stressed or something. Not something so serious like a heart attack. 
After what seemed like a few hours, he finally reached the hospital. He parked clumsily at the parking lot, then proceeded to get out of his door, and then went over  to Jaehwan’s side. He lifted him up and ran towards the entrance of the hospital. He was very well aware that Jaehwan's head was pressed against his chest. Even if the action seemed very small, Taekwoon still felt his heart burst in happiness.

“May I help you?” Asked the receptionist at the counter.
Taekwoon nearly punched the woman in the face. Really? Can't she see that Jaehwan is clearly unconcious in Taekwoon’s arms like this? Sheesh.

“Oh umm yes please, you see my… Friend here has fainted. Would you mind calling a doctor to check him?” Replied Taekwoon sweetly. Holding back the huge urge to kill the woman right now.

“Oh my, sure, sure. I’ll get you a doctor.”

——————————

Taekwoon sat on the chair in front of the room Jaehwan was in. The doctor has already told him what happened with Jaehwan. He has a high fever. And to his relief, Jaehwan had fainted due to stress only. He was afraid that it might turn out even worse than that but thank goodness, it was like a huge weight had been lifted off of his shoulder.
His thoughts are giving him a dizzying headache, so he decided to stop and just at the same time, a small click of the door was heard. The doctor had came out of Jaehwan’s room.

“Oh, I was going to look for you, but you are here now. Anyways, do you have any kind relationships with Jaehwan-shi?” Asked the doctor.

“No, I don't,” said Taekwoon.
“May I ask who you are to Jaehwan-shi?” Asked the doctor again.
Taekwoon cleared his throat and said, “Well, I'm just a waiter and I don’t really know him, it's just that when I was going  to close the shop I worked in, I realised that he was still staying there, when I told him he could  come back tomorrow he just… Kinda… Fainted.”

“Oh, I see. Well I suppose you talk with Jaehwan-shi for a while then,” said the doctor kindly as he smiled.

“Okay, thank you for your help,” smiled Taekwoon as he bowed.

“No worries, no worries,” replied the doctor as he bowed back.
Taekwoon nodded  a bit before he knocked the door of Jaehwan’s door. He heard a faint ‘come in’ and he opened the door carefully.

“Hey,” said Taekwoon softly.

“Hey,” replied Jaehwan just as soft.

“How are you?”

“Oh, I'm fine now.”
Taekwoon forced himself to believe that Jaehwan was fine. Although some colour has returned to his skin, he still didn't look the best. A soft rosy colour painted his cheeks-  probably because of the high fever- making him look more cuter than he already is. His big doe eyes looking warm and bright, it kind of made him look a tad bit healthier than his condition. But, Taekwoon just wouldn't believe it. He was wishing that Jaehwan is still not feeling well so that he could make an excuse for staying with Jaehwan longer.
After a short period of silence, Jaehwan decided to break the ice.

“Thank you for bringing me to the hospital. I appreciate it a lot,” he said to Taekwoon shyly. He ducked his head slightly in embarrassment.

“No, no, it's okay. It's no big deal,” assured Taekwoon. 
Taekwoon smiled slightly. Jaehwan looked extremely adorable when he was all shy and stuff. He was like a puppy who had done something wrong and is trying to use his cuteness to let his owner forgive him.

Jaehwan looked up slowly. “Really?” He asked.

“Yes. Really,” replied Taekwoon.
Jaehwan bit his lip, trying not to smile. But it was hard. At the end, he let out a little giggle and smiled widely at Taekwoon. 
Taekwoon was sure his mouth had opened. He nearly melted at how cute Jaehwan was. He couldn’t believe it… Jaehwan just giggled! It was adorable! He nearly reached out his hand and pinched Jaehwan's cheek. Fortunately, he stopped himself from doing it.
“Hey, umm… I wanna ask, what happened to me? Why did I faint?” Asked Jaehwan as he tilted his head a little.

“The doctor said that you were too stressed. And you also have a fever,” said Taekwoon.

“Oh. Well that kinda makes sense,” nodded Jaehwan.

“What do you mean?” 

“It's my studies,” sighed Jaehwan. “My parents have high expectations of my grades. I really worked hard to get a high mark, but my parents told me that it wasn't high enough and told me to keep on studying. They told me I must get A+ in all subjects, I just got an A- once and this is what they do to me. I guess I was probably studying a little bit more than enough and… Yeah.”

“Geez, they're really harsh on you. You know even if I get an F or something, my parents would just smile and encourage me,” shrugged Taekwoon.

“Aww you're lucky… But somehow I have a feeling you don't have bad grades though,” said Jaehwan doubtfully.

“You… You could say that I guess…” Said Taekwoon as he scratched the back of his neck.

“Hmm…” Nodded Jaehwan. “Oh yeah! I haven't really got to know you yet. I'll introduce myself to you first then. My name is Lee Jaehwan. My birthday is on the 6th of April, and I was born in 1992.”

“My name is Jung Taekwoon. And I guess I'm a hyung to you. My birthday is on the 10th of November, and I was born in 1990.”

Jaehwan giggled at him again. “Taekwoon hyung.”