Chapter 1 (part 1)

In your loving memory ( on hold )

Mino walked out of the hospital still in tears and headed towards a bench nearby. His mind was a mess. Nothing made sense to him anymore. Why did they treat him like that? How could have Taehyun made it his last wish to bring Mino to the hospital, when he was already disfigured and dead.  He shook his head and closed his eyes, picturing the beautiful face that belonged to Nam Taehyun. He felt calm and at ease for a while until the disfigured and burned Taehyun came to his mind. All the gruesome details of burned skin and flesh.  Once again tears started to fall. It was perhaps time to face reality. His Nam Taehyun was no more. The memories of the past flooded him.  One by one their whole time together.

Mino wiped his tears and looked up to the starless sky. As much as he hated it he needed to stop reminiscing in the past and think ahead if he wanted to give his child a better future.

“Bad day huh?” a voice next to him said. With an annoyed expression Mino looked at the person who the voice belonged to. It was a brown haired young man.

“Sorry, none of my business I know.” He said sipping on his bubble tea.

“I lost some people today as well, at the explosion.”  He explained. That was it Mino had had enough of this nosy stranger but he had no energy to deal with him.  Hence Mino sat quietly pokerfaced ignoring the person.

“Here have a bubble tea. It was supposed to be someone else’s but you look like you need it more.” He offered Mino a cup of bubble tea.

Mino let out a sigh and accepted the cup as it was clear that the stranger was not going to stop.

“My name is Kim Jinwoo.” He introduced himself.

“Mino, Song Minho.” Mino replied.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As soon as Mino left the morgue Seunghyun’s serious expression was replaced by a smirk. He walked up to the office portion of the morgue and entered Nam Taehyun’s name into the deceased list. Satisfied with his work he headed towards the door. However the door closed shut and Seunghyun found himself pinned to the wall.

“Nice to see you too Kang yoon.” Seunghyun said calmly.

“WHAT THE SEUNGHYUN!! Dead, really??” Seungyoon lashed out at him. Seunghyun let out a hysterical laugh.

“DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT MINO WOULD GO THROUGH? WE BOTH KNOW IT’S NOT NAM THAT’S IN THE MORGUE!”  Seungyoon continued.

Seunghyun moved his body, taking Seungyoon by the collar and pinning him to the wall. “Tch, Don’t try to fly before you get wings. I know what I am doing and its hyung to you.” Seunghyun said to Seungyoon before he let go off him and walked towards the door.

“You call yourself a detective?  Get yourself together.” Seunghyun said to Seungyoon before he left Kang Seungyoon alone in the dim lit office of the morgue.

Seungyoon kneeled on the ground as he became more and more frustrated and finally broke down into tears.

Nam Taehyun was his best friend. They grew up together. They had been through thick and thin until Seungyoon had to move away to the states to study forensics. He stills remembers the day he came back home to Korea, a painful memory deeply engraved in his heart.

How exited he was to be able to fly back. After becoming successful he felt confident to finally confess his love for Nam Taehyun. But shortly after he arrived he was greeted by a happy couple. Nam and Mino. Though he smiled at them inside he was broken. It would have never worked. He knew what he had for Nam Taehyun been a hopeless love. Yet continued to support him and love him from afar.

To see such a tragedy befall upon the one he loved was just a lot to take in. A while  before the explosion Nam had called him.His words were vague but it left a clue to what happened to him.