1. Prologue ( suspense )

In your loving memory ( on hold )

Nam Taehyun slammed the door behind him as he got out of the meeting room. Beads of sweat formed on his forehead. He clenched his fists. The anger building up more as each second passed. ‘This is wrong’ he thought to himself as he looked outside the pane window of the hallway.  The road was starting to fill up with vehicles. His pupils dilated in fear. He needed to stop this.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

It was everything Song Mino ever wanted. His happy ending with the one he loved and the happy ending was soon going to be even more complete. It was today that he found out he was expecting. Finally he was going to have a little duckling of his own.

He paced impatiently around the cozy apartment that he called home. Waiting for Taehyun so that he can give him the happy news. Unable to wait any longer he called his beloved.

“YAH!! Where are you, come quickly?! Do you know what the time is right now; I’ve been waiting for you for a long time. ”Mino let out some steam at Nam.

“Don’t worry jagi I’m on my way there's a lot of traffic, I’ll hang up now saranghae.” Taehyun quickly cut the call.

“Saranghae." Mino whispered as he hung up and let out a sigh. Even though the thought that Nam was going to be home soon made him happy, something was not right. He lovingly caressed his stomach.

“Let’s hope your appa gets here safely.” Mino said as he continued to caress his little duckling growing inside of him as he walked outside to the balcony.

The skyline outside was darkening with clouds and the outside air was damp and cold. Everything was quiet. It was the perfect example of the calm before a storm. Winds started to pick up and the heavens opened up followed by lightning and thunder.

Mino quickly got inside and lounged on the sofa watching the rain drops trickle down on the glass door and window. Counting the raindrops as he slowly fell asleep.

 

Mino was awakened at the sound of knocks on the door and the multiple rings on the door bell. He got up and excitedly headed to the door. Finally after god knows how long Nam was home?

With a smile on his face Mino opened the door and in an almost instant the excitement left him. It was a man wearing a suite and holding a clipboard.

“And who are you?” Mino said as he frowned at the man.

“My name is Choi Seunghyun and I’m from the neighborhood hospital, here’s my card.” he said.

“Yes that’s nice but why are you here at this hour.” Mino questioned as he took the card from him and inspected it.

“You are Nam Taehyun’s spouse if I’m correct” The man said.

“Yes, why? Did something happen to him?” Mino said as he tried to look as calm and collected as could to hide the nervousness he was really feeling.

“Sir you have to come with me, the car is waiting for you. I will explain to you on the way. Now please come with me.” With that he walked in the direction of the elevators.

During the journey to the hospital Mr.Choi slowly started to break the news about Taehyun.

“Normally the hospital doesn’t do this type of pick up services but since you lived nearby and it was the last request of a patient we couldn’t just let it pass.” Mr.Choi began to speak.

“The last request... could it be?” Tears started to well up in Mino’s eyes.

“He is one of many that died in the accident. Multiple cars exploded into a fire afterwards.” After that nothing no words were exchanged throughout the whole trip. The atmosphere in the car was quiet and a bit tense.

As soon as they got to the hospital them they went straight to the morgue.

The tears that Mino was holding throughout the entire trip started to fall one by one before he completely broke down and fell on his knees because the lifeless body that lay in front of him was his beloved Nam Taehyun? His face was burned and disfigured. Though at first he refused to believe that it was Nam, later he lost hope. His whole world fell apart right there and then, the happy ending, the memories that they will make together with their little duckling was all gone now. That was right. His little duckling. Taehyun didn’t really leave Mino all by himself; his precious baby was still with him so he can’t give up hope just yet.