Chapter 1 (part 2)

In your loving memory ( on hold )

To see such a tragedy befall upon the one he loved was just a lot to take in. A while before the explosion Nam had called him. His words were vague but it left a clue to what happened to him.

 

At first he was very surprised and confused at first however he managed to find out Kang Seungyoon was in his office checking on the proposals that had been offered to him, when he received a phone call by an unknown number. Normally he is not the type to take calls on his personal number but somehow he answered it. And to his surprise it was Taehyun.

‘TOP knows, don’t worry, and find me.’ This was all Seungyoon heard from Taehyun before the call was cut and the number was deemed about the accident.

He was also very hurt. He had been Taehyun’s best friend however Taehyun turned towards Seunghyun to be his private investigator. And Seunghyun has been for the past 5 years. This he knew only after doing some digging himself. Even though he felt that Taehyun didn’t want him to be a part of this, after Taehyun called him he could not just let this be. He didn’t have the heart to. He had already planned to persuade Seunghyun to let him be a part of this case even if it meant letting go of his pride and begging on his knees for it. Seungyoon collected himself and got up. After wiping a few tears and composing himself he left to find Seunghyun.

 

Seunghyun sat comfortably in his luxurious office chair. His office was modern and expensive looking. Well decorated but not cluttered. On one side was his glass board and evaluation table and on the other side were his filling cabinets. A set of chairs and a coffee table were in the center. His large desk and chair accented the whole room.

After taking a quick glance at the clock he was about to take a sip out of coffee when his office door swung open making him spill the dark liquid on to the table.

“Don’t you know how to knock?” he said sternly to the young woman who stood at the doorway.

“I apologize for that, but an un-scheduled visitor is here to see you. He refuses to leave without seeing you.” She said, looking at her feet and avoiding any eye contact with Seunghyun.

“Its Seungyoon isn’t it? Send him in and cancel all my appointments for today.” Seunghyun replied after letting out a sigh.

The young women nodded lightly before turning to back to the front desk. Before she could do so Seungyoon made his way into Seunghyun’s office. Leaving the woman startled for a while before she came back to her senses and left the office closing the door behind her.

Seungyoon looked down to his feet. Standing there like a statue. Seunghyun stared at Seungyoon. He looked like his younger self. The same way he was when Seunghyun had met him all those years ago. “Sit” Seunghyun said in a stern yet calming tone.

Seungyoon set down in one of the chairs in front of Seunghyun’s table.

“You look pathetic right now don’t you know that? ”Seunghyun said as he leaned back into his big chair. Seungyoon didn’t look up but just silently sat there.

“You are not going to talk? Wow this kid” Seunghyun chuckled and tilted his head to one side. “if you are not going to talk why did you come here?”

“Why did he do it?” Seungyoon could no longer sit quietly.

“To save the workers obviously, you know how that kid is like, but what are you going to do about it now huh. Now that he’s dead and u cannot change that reality.” Seunghyun’s lips curled up into smirk.

“OH IT SEUNGHYUN, THAT’S NOT TRUE AND I WILL FIND HIM AND BRING HIM BACK!” Seungyoon said behind gritted teeth.

“And then what do you plan on doing next huh do you even know what’s going to happen to him if people find out that he may be alive. DO YOU?” with one swift move Seunghyun moves over the table and grabbed Seungyoon by the collar.

“Why don’t you get to know what’s happening before you hormone rant everything. And its ‘Seunghyun hyung’ to you.” Seunghyun let go and sat back in his char. Taking a paper envelope from one of the desk drawers and throwing out towards Seungyoon. “That’s what you need. And stop trying to hack into my files.” With that Seunghyun gestured towards the door.

Seungyoon shared one quick glance at Seunghyun, keeping an emotionless expression on his face, headed out. He mentally slapped himself recapping his encounter with his hyung but at the same time he felt a sense of accomplishment as he had gotten a hold of what he needed even though the method was something if it were another situation he would have not preferred. For Nam Taehyun he gave up his professional way of doing things. This just is an example to how much he cared for him.