Ambush

Last Descendants

Chapter XI: Ambush

 

After a conversation that is full of insults and bickerings, Myungsoo and Sari decided to go home. They went out of the coffee shop and it's now turning into dusk. As Sari looked up at the gloomy sky, her left eye suddenly lit up in blue flame that made Myungsoo always amazed at the sight. She took out her eye patch and wore it to prevent other citizens to see. Suddenly, she sensed an ominous aura that she had felt before. Sari clenched her fists hardly and cursed, "Damn it!"

Myungsoo glanced up at Sari with a worried and panicky expression.

"What's wrong?"

Sari didn't speak up and quickly grabbed Myungsoo's wrist. She suddenly dragged Myungsoo with her and ran away. Myungsoo nearly stumbled from the sudden running spree and he recovered from the sudden shock that Sari did.

"W-why are we running?" He asked in a high voice while running.

Sari hushed him and continued running but she mouthed, "Later."

Myungsoo just complied and ran with her.

 

Hoya later arrived at the cafe where Sari and Myungsoo at but to his dismay, they were already gone.

"Aw come on!" Hoya clenched his hair in frustration and tried to pick up Sari's aura again.

Unknown to him, a clad cloaked man is standing from the top of the pole evilly grinning at him.

"Too late, I know where they are." He smirked and vanished into thin air following Sari and Myungsoo who ran away from him.

Hoya sensed the ominous aura and he looked up from above. He started running towards the destination where the assassin went. He knew that the assassin has been there with him but he failed to notice.

He cursed himself again. But it's not the time to beat himself up.

Sari's life is on the line. I've got to hurry. He thought and added more speed to his flash steps.

 

Myungsoo and Sari stopped in midway and they are now catching their breath. Sari leaned on a wall and Myungsoo sat on the ground beside her.

When Myungsoo recovered from panting, he glanced up at Sari and asked.

"Sari, tell me what's wrong that we started running?"

Sari wiped the sweat on her face from the sleeve of her sweater and looked at him.

She answered frankly, "Someone is trying to kill us. Or rather I say, someone is trying to kill me."

She said it truthfully instead of beating around the bush, she thought nothing will come out of it if she will be lying.

"What?!" Myungsoo stood up and dusted of the dirt on his clothes.

"Then, we must really get out of here! Your life is in danger." Myungsoo held Sari's shoulders.

She sighed, "I know but I think he is still coming for us."

"Then let's go to where a large crowd is. He won't be fighting you since there are a lot of people."

Myungsoo suggested and Sari nodded in agreement.

"Ok, let's g-" Her reply come to a short when the assassin appeared in front of them and the place on where they are are pretty much isolated.

"Oh crude." Myungsoo let go of Sari's shoulders.

Sari stepped up and summoned her katana that appeared on her right hand. Myungsoo stepped back as fear crept up to him but he suddenly held Sari's arm out of the blue.

"Please don't do this. You'll get hurt again or worse." Myungsoo pleaded but Sari just gave him a smile and marched forward to where the assassin is.

"How nice to see you again, princess." The assassin evilly chuckled and he let out an avil aura that made Myungsoo almost kneeled on the ground.

"Sorry to disturb your precious date." The assassin took out his swords.

"Your life ends here right now!!" The assassin swiftly ran to Sari and gave her a quick that nearly wounded her right side but she dodged it gracefully by side stepping away from the attack.

Myungsoo, at the back, gritted his teeth for being so useless in the midst of the battle. How he wished he would be able to fight too. Right now, he suddenly wished for that guy to come here quickly even though he is against it.

"Hoya, please save Sari." He thought, hoping for him to come quickly.

 

Sari is fighting for her life against the assassin, whom she faced earlier with Hoya. She suddenly thought of him and she suddenly fumbled at her latest attack against to the assassin.

Both of them stood still face to face in a fighting stance after Sari's failed attempt to wound the assassin.

"Are you tired now, princess?" The assassin mocked and Sari twitched her brow in annoyance.

She didn't say anything and started to strategize on how to beat the assassin. But to her dismay, she only thought of her cousin, Hoya.

Now's not the time to think about him. Don't always depend on him, Sari. She scolded herself.

Sari is now covered with wounds all over her face and body but not a fatal wound.

Myungsoo couldn't take it anymore as he saw Sari's condition and decided to do something, he started to look around and saw a metal pipe lying on the ground.

He slowly picked it up and he took small steps towards to where they are fighting.

Sari stood there and started to rush up to him. She struck to his side which left open but the assassin defended it with his sword. Their swords clashed and Sari moved back from the force. This time the assassin rushed up to her but suddenly disappeared on Sari's view which made her alerted. Then she noticed a shadow that seems looming above her. She looked up and dodged from him which he struck a strong blow from above that left a crack on the ground.

If Sari received that attack, she could have die.

Sari recovered and saw Myungsoo running towards the assassin. Her eyes widened in horror.

"No!!" She screamed in horror.

Myungsoo swung the metal pipe at the assassin with all his might. But it seems the assassin didn't budge from the attack Myungsoo did. He stepped back and paled. He dropped the metal pipe from his grasp and the assassin whippd his head towards Myungsoo.

"Stop interfering you brat!!" The assassin used his free hand to punch Myungsoo in the abdomen with great force. Myungsoo literally flew and hit the wall that made him puked out some blood. His face expressed great agony from an excruciating pain. Right now, he is breathing hard while clutching his bruised abdomen. And also, trying to stay awake despite the pain.

"Myungsoo!!" Sari screamed and started running after him but the assassin blocked her path.

"Not so fast, princess. You're still not done from me." The assassin started attacking Sari in full assault which made her have a hard time keeping up because of the wounds she received and exhaustion.

After a few minutes, they returned to their stance and Sari's legs started to wobble from intense exhaustion from the fight. Her arms started to ache and she gained another few more wounds from the assassin. She barely wounded the assassin that made her give up hope.

"You're done now." The assassin cackled and slowly walked towards where Sari is. Her legs suddenly gave in and kneeled down, she almost lost grip on her katana.

She closed her eyes in defeat, I'm sorry Hoya. My life ends here.

Sari felt the assassin's presence in front of her. The assassin pointed the blade at her.

"This really made me feel good. A princess is kneeling now before me. The throne should have been mine!"

Throne? His? Sari thought in the last second but she shove the thought away that now she has no chance to live anymore.

"Do you have any last words, princess?"

Sari thought for a minute and smirked.

"I'm no princess, you idiot. I'm a normal girl."

The assassin laughed at the absurdity of her words.

"A foolish thing to say!" The assassin brought his sword up.

Goodbye Hoya. Thanks for everything. You're the best thing that happened to me in this world.

"It's time for you to disappear on this world. Die!!" The assassin swung his blade with might to strike Sari and her vision became pitch black.


Author's note: I finally update and I'm so happy the writer's block is gone. Such a er. Sorry if you waited long enough and the update is short. But I hope you enjoyed this cliffhanger chapter. Thank you! Please comment and do subscribe. 

Oh and I am taking Korean classes from the well-known university. It's gonna be fun, oh yeah! Annyeong aedula. Daumeun ittdaboja!