Colorful Drabble One

Colorful Drabbles

In the modern day and age, everyone’s hair naturally changes color with their emotions. This phenomenon is due to changing oxygen levels on the Earth, the higher levels of oxygen allowing the feelings in a humans mind to react with their hair follicles. When they are angry, their hair changes to a fiery red. When they are sad, their hair becomes blue. And when they’re in love… their hair turns a dazzling shade of pink.

 

Hyukjae walked into the usual coffee shop he frequented, his hair a soft shade of orangey yellow, indicating that he was happy. He had just received a raise at his job and he was ready to celebrate by buying himself his favorite drink. Practically skipping over to the counter, he greeted the barista with a toothless smile, his eyes briefly looking up at her equally orange hair that was pulled back into a tight ponytail. Ordering his favorite drink was a smooth process, the words, “Grande strawberry smoothie with whipped cream” having become a part of his normal routine. In minutes, he had successfully bought the strawberry flavored smoothie, his lips pulled apart in a gummy smile of pure happiness as his hair brightened to a joyful yellow. The barista sent him off with a soft smile, laughing softly as she saw him practically hugging his drink to his chest.

 

Happily slurping his drink through his straw as his eyes surveyed the coffee shop for any free seats, Hyukjae walked over to an empty sofa, plopping down with a content grunt. As he got settled and the sofa seat sank underneath his weight, he pulled out his phone and started playing a mindless game as he distractedly sipped at his smoothie.

 

A soft giggle from the far end of coffee shop caught his attention, making him look up curiously from his game. His gaze landed on a girl sitting with her friend, both of their hair a bright yellow color as they giggled quietly and pointed somewhere else. Curiously, Hyukjae’s eyes followed their finger’s direction, his gaze landing on a boy sitting alone at a table.

 

A quiet gasp escaped Hyukjae as he looked at the shockingly pink hair of the boy, immediately recognizing the color’s meaning. He smiled softly like he usually did when he saw someone with pink hair, automatically happy for the other person and their love. His plump lips pulled back a bit to reveal his charming gums, his eyes riveted on the boy’s pink hair.

 

Suddenly, his eyes widened in shock as he watched the boy’s soft pink hair darken into an even more dazzling shade of hot pink, indicating that his feelings had become stronger. Out of pure curiosity, Hyukjae lowered his gaze a bit to look at the boy’s face, his eyes practically bulging out of his skull as he saw the red cheeks, gaping thin lips, and deep brown eyes set on him.

 

Almost immediately, his hair went from a joyful shade of yellow to a sparkling shade of pink, his cheeks doing the same.

 

Thin lips parted to reveal a shy smile as deep brown eyes that you could get lost in flicked up to Hyukjae’s bubble gum colored hair. Making eye contact with Hyukjae once again, the boy giggled softly, his cheeks a bright pink.

 

Hyukjae could only let out flustered mumbles as his wide eyes remained riveted on the boy whose hair matched his.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Idk, I've never done an official drabble on here.
 
Good?
 
Hopefully it is cause MAN, THE CUTE HURTS MY HEART.
 
Okay, I'm done, BAI~