Chapter 13.

Different

Chapter 13

 

 

                “So after detention, I was wondering if you would like to go out with me, like you know hang out?” Taehyung asked her while getting red-faced and twiddling his fingers. Of course Jisoo was blushing and she couldn’t help but start internally screaming. “I would love to” Jisoo answered back to him, while looking away in embarrassment.

 

 

        The bell rang, causing both of them to flinch sensitively; they said good-bye to each other awkwardly and walked to their appropriate classes.

 

 

        “Oh my god, did that just happen? Did he really just ask if I wanted to hang out with him after detention? Oh my god I think that it just really happened.” Jisoo said to herself mentally while walking to her science class. She held her textbooks tightly against her chest, gripping on to the edges of the book so hard that her knuckles turned white. Jisoo was so adrenalized and excited that she wasn’t able to pay attention in class, which caused her to get in slight trouble by the teacher but other than that, she continued with her day normally.

 

 

        “Oh my god, did that just happen? I practically just asked her out on a date! Jesus, what if she thinks that I like her? I mean, I do like her! I think I like her, dear god help me.” Taehyung said to himself while walking away with a fresh red-face. He walked tensely and stiffly with his friends Jungkook and J-Hope. “Dude, what’s going on with you?” They asked him while raising their left eyebrow. “I think I just asked out a girl.” Taehyung said to them bluntly and truthfully. He felt as if he was going to break into a cold sweat anytime now. Jungkook and J-Hope let out a ‘Ooooh!” and Taehyung face palmed himself. He should have never told them. Taehyung was so distracted in English class that he got in trouble when the teacher picked on him to read out loud. But other than that, Taehyung continued on with his school ordinarily.

 

 

        School rumors travel fast; they travel fast like a rocket taking flight. As soon as the news of Taehyung defending Jisoo came out, it has been spreading like wild fire. But surprisingly, no one really talked about those two. Maybe a few words of ‘Oh my god, why would he pick her?’ but that was basically it, and they were both grateful for that. Most of the comments that were made were basically talking about how Taehyung would pick someone like her and why he didn’t pick someone better. But it was always filled with other statements such as ‘Taehyung Oppa is so sweet!’ or ‘How did Jisoo do that? Should I eat more and steal away Oppa?’ This hurt Jisoo but it didn’t hurt her to the point of crying, she was used to it anyways.

 

 

        The school day ended with the huge uproars of rumors. As Jisoo walked out of her last class of the day, she could feel eyes piercing holes into the back of her head. She could hear the whispers and glares the boys and girls were giving her, but that didn’t matter to her. The reason why she didn’t care about the stares, was because she was able to go somewhere with someone that actually cared about her. And because of that; they could talk about her all they want, but in the end of the day, she’s going to be the real winner.

 

 

        Jisoo walked into the detention room and Kim Taehyung was already there, his head lying down on the table and light snores emitting from him. The teacher wasn’t here yet and that was odd; she should already be here fixing her work or marking homework.

 

 

        Jisoo walked gently over to Taehyung, carefully trying not to make a noise while pulling out the chair beside him. She sat down and put down her backpack and binders. Jisoo giggled in her mind while looking at Taehyung’s sleeping face. “God, he’s so adorable.” She said to herself while lying her head down on the table, her side profile hitting the desk. She studied Taehyung’s whole face. His nose would scrunch every time he felt a ray of sunlight hit his face, he would smile every time he dreamt of something nice, and his eyebrows would scrunch up together when he was confused.   

 

 

        Jisoo was so busy studying and reading his face that she didn’t realize that Taehyung had already woken up. She was so mesmerized that she only realized that Taehyung had woken up when he poked her in the cheek. Jisoo immediately turned back her head to look away in embarrassment. “Stupid, stupid, stupid!” She yelled at herself in her head. Taehyung chuckled by himself as he leaned back on his seat. “You’re really cute, you know that, right?” He asked her while staring at her. Jisoo turned back and her face was as red as a ripe apple. “I didn’t know that you thought me like that” She squeaked out like a hamster and stared back at him, her eyes as large as the Sun. Taehyung burst out in laughter and ruffled her hair. “You really are cute.” He said to her. Jisoo’s face got even redder and she felt as if she was going to explode out of happiness and joyfulness.

 

 

        “Hey, do you know where the teacher went?” Jisoo asked Taehyung as she suddenly got curious of her whereabouts. “She came in but then said she had a family emergency. We could ditch right now if we wanted to.” He replied to her question as he leaned his face on his hands, supported by his elbow. Jisoo thought for a second and said “You know what, we might as well.” She got up and grabbed her backpack, swinging it onto her shoulders. “I was just kidding! We don’t have to.” Taehyung replied with and suddenly got up. “We might as well start our date earlier! Plus we have mo-.” Jisoo said and suddenly stopped mid sentence. “Oh my god, did I just call this a date? When did I even get the confidence to do that oh my god I think I just screwed everything up.” Jisoo said to herself but her thoughts were cut off by a smiling Taehyung. “You’re right, we might as well start earlier.” He replied while getting his bag and putting it on.

 

 

        “Let’s go” Taehyung said while grabbing Jisoo’s hand. 

 


Hello, my dear subscribers! I'm so sorry that I haven't updated in a while, I probably kept you guys waiting. I'm also really sorry for not updating this chapter with the date. I will make sure that I write a amazing date next chapter. Thank you for putting up with me. Please enjoy this chapter, comment, and upvote. -stephanotis.