Saturday (pt. 1)

Weekend Fun

 


~~~


DARA'S POV 

 

I stared at his sleeping form from where I was standing by the doorframe. If my past self had some way of looking into the future and witnessed what I had done, she would never believe it. I didn't believe it either. Here I was, wrapped only in a towel, no was about, and I had just slept with a man I had met only hours ago. My parents would be apalled. 

 

Taeyang groaned and rolled over to the other side of the bed -my side- and seemed to around the cold covers looking for me, he settled for the pillow I had inhabited and buried his face into its softeness. My heart warmed at the sight. So many things has changed. Nothing was ever going to be the same. I was such a stickler for normal and having everything in its proper place but now...now I realized that having something unexpected happen was kind of fun. Unexpected arrived in the form of the most handsome, caring, simply spectacular man I had ever met afterall. Unexpected couldn't be all that bad surely? If the results was a walking Adonis how could I turn a blind eye?

 

I could see what Jung meant now -though it was no excuse for what he did- I could understand. The image of my former self was so boring to me even I shuddered just remembering it. I was life I realized. It hurt to come to that conclusion but it was true, as true as the sky was blue. 

 

I leaned my body against the doorframe and let my body sag against it. Was it really my fault? Did I push him away? Made him feel unwanted? It couldn't be true. It just couldn't. I sniffed and wiped at my face, dashing away a traiterous tear from my cheek. "Don't cry." A deep voice said. I looked up, startled to see Taeyang sitting up on the bed. He was looking at me with an unreadable expression. 

 

"It was nothing, I was remembering something and I-" I began but he cut me off. 

 

"Come here." 

 

I sighed and prodded over to him, defeated. He snuggled me into his arms and wrapped the sheets around us so I wouldn't get cold. "Don't cry without me. If you feel like you're going to cry tell me, call me, text me, just tell me, I'll drop whatever I'm doing and come get you. Never let one precious tear slid down you're face without me being present to comfort you. Okay?" He said gruffly. I nodded weakly and buried myself into his broad chest. His warmth calmed me. 

 

"What were you crying about?" He asked slowly, though I detected a note of curiousity. 

 

I sighed and looked down. "Jung." I said softly. I had told him everything. He had listened without speaking a word, silently staying by my side as I ranted, raved, screamed curses at both Jung and Yoona, and pulling me into his arms when I started to cry. I had no idea how long I was talking about what happened, it might have been 20 minutes, it might have been 2 hours, the point was he stayed. He asked me no questions, he didn't laugh, curse, say a word in my defence, he said absolutely nothing. I couldn't have been anymore grateful. 

 

"Do you think it was true what he said about me? W-when he said I was a drone. It could be true. Do you think I'm a robot?" I asked hesitantly. 

 

He smirked. "Dara, the way you attacked me last night was a far cry from any robot that comes to mind." He joked. I blushed and jabbed him in the side, scowling feircly. He laughed and pecked my neck, making me blush harder. His grin turned serious though as he looked at me. "You are no drone. You're a human being that like every other human being, isn't perfect. Everyone has flaws and differences that make them stand out from other people, he was stupid not to see that. Don't beat yourself up for anything that he said, he was being selfish and tried to sculpt the situation into being you're fault instead of being a man and owning up to his actions."

 

"You're a wonderful, beautiful woman. Honest too. Last I checked honesty was an appreciated factor, another strike in his court for not noticing. I can go on and on about how stupid he is but since you're here with me and not him, its a saying that goes without saying." He pecked my nose again and made me look at him. "I normally don't take advantage of stupid people's stupid mistakes but this time I think I'm allowed to. Wouldn't you say?" He kissed me then. Tenderly. 

 

Did we really just meet? It wasn't possible to have the feelings that I was feeling raging the way they were for an only recent encounter. I melted against him and dug my fingers into his hair. He was everything that my parents warned me against. Bleached hair? Check. Tattoos? Check. Pierced ears? Hmmhm check. He was a walking 'stop here' sign for person like me. I was always a good girl. I drove well below the marked speed limits just to be safe, I was carefull not to spill salt or walk underneath ladders, I dressed accordingly -no high heels, short skirts, or dipping v-necks- I even knocked on wood when I crossed paths with a black cat. But here I was, kissing a man forbidden to the likes of me, a stranger no less. I was breaking all the rules now. And I loved it. 

 


~~~


 

I gawked at the dress Taeyang picked out for me. "There is no way on God's green Earth will I be caught dead wearing that." I spluttered. Taeyang frowned and inspected the black peice of nothing he had snatched off the rack and looked at me. "Why not? It'll look y on you." He said. 

 

I blew out a long breath and attached my hand to my hip, holding out the already full shopping basket overstuffed with clothing. "I already accepted those stripes you call 'sleeping wear', why are you doing this to me?" Letting him convince me into going shopping for a wardrobe rehaul was clearly a mistake. I looked at the things he had tossed carelessly into the basket bitterly. None of these things were even wearable, I wouldn't even wear them if I were by myself! 

 

"Baby, think of me. Isn't my comfort more important that anything? He asked. He pouted and a thrill rushed through me at his cute expression. 

 

I coughed and held up a white lace under-piece that had more holes than a tennis racket. "Oh? You're going to wear this? If you had said so in the first place I wouldn't have put up that much of a fight." I joked. I kept my expression solemn to fool him into thinking I was serious. He didn't buy it. 

 

"Why do you have to be so cheeky." He grumbled. 

 

I grinned and put the dress back on the rack. "Look Taeyang, I appreciate this effort you're exerting in my expence but it isn't neccassary. If you insist on getting me clothes then I suggest we go to a cheaper place. This store is drying out my wallet just looking through the window and I-" he cut me off by kissing me. 

 

I blinked rapidly and took in a deep breath when he finally pulled away. "You were saying?" He smirked. 

 

My mind scrambled trying to remember what I was saying just a minute ago. "I-I don't want any clothes from here b-because its too-" he kissed me again. His arms wrapped around me and pulled me flush against his body as he tipped my own small frame over like we were in some sort of movie. I can only guess how that looked to the other unfortunate witnesses. Though I did hear some girlish sighs.

 

He rested his forehead against my head and brushed his nose against mine. "I didn't hear you." He whispered. 

 

I blinked up at him and blushed deeply, not even bothering to recall our previous conversation. "I-it was nothing." I stumbled over my words awkwardly. 

 

"That's what I thought." He smirked. He grabbed the dress back up -picking up other loose items here and there-  before rushing over to the cashier. I glowered after him. He couldn't be happier if he had a sweet tooth and landed in candy land with a passport. I sighed and followed him to the counter. He was already paying for the items. Just then I remembered my previous discomfort for his clothing choices. 

 

"What a minute? Didn't I say not to buy these? Taeyang!" I hissed. 

 

He stuck his tongue out like a child and pulled on an innocent 'what, me?' look. "You said it was nothing." He said. 

 

"That's because you cheated!" I snapped. I grabbed at the bagged clothes but he already had them, painfully out of reach. "You can't do this to me Taeyang, its not fair." I scowled. He snickered and pecked my nose, leaning down to whisper in my ear. "I wouldn't be saying what's not fair if I were you Dara, you looking so cute and me having to ward off every passing male? That's my defenition of not fair." He said. 

 

"What in the world are you talking about? Stop being so weird." I grumbled. An idea light up in my head and I gave him a kiss. He kissed me back quickly though I took him by surprise. While I distracted him I made a stealthy pass at the bags but he was pulling away from me then, a smirk on his lips. "That's a first grade prank, you can't trick me with that. Whatever you thought, I thought it up first." He grinned brightly at me. I can garuntee that I have not one violent bone in my body, but seeing his annyoingly adorable smile made me want to take a swing at something. 

 

I crossed my arms and flounced out the store, completely miffed. 

 

And promptly bumped into someone. I stumbled, almost falling, when a strong arm hooked around my waist and kept me from hitting the concrete. I looked up, gratitude forming a smile on my face, but when I saw who it was, it melted. 

 

"S-Siwon?" I stuttered. 

 

Standing over me, looking like a gift from the Gods, was my former flame -or crush- Choi Siwon. I stared at him like a fool, reacting to him the same way I always had back in high school. He smiled down at me and pressed me closer. "You know, I always dreamed of saving a pretty lady in just this way. Who knew that pretty lady would end up being you?" He chuckled. 

 

I blushed -curse my stupid cheeks- and seperated myself from him. "Dara? Who's that?" I head Taeayang say. It sounded very hostile. I turned to see him stalking towards us with a dark look on his face, when he reached us he put his arm around me and held me close. I frowned up at him, thrown off by his sudden mood swing. 

 

"Oh? Who's this?" Siwon raised an eyebrow. "I don't think we've met, Dara never introduces me to her friends. Hello, I'm Choi Siwon." He flashed a stunning grin and held out his hand for Taeyang to shake. Taeyang glowered at the hand and tightened his hold on me. "I should be asking the same question Siwon, except I'm not her friend, I'm her boyfriend." He growled. 

 

I was shocked by two things. First: his attitude -which I would kick him for later- and second: he said he was my boyfriend. I gaped at him in astonishment. Me? His girlfriend? He must be joking! 

 

"Taeyaaaang.." I hissed at him. "What the heck are you doing?" He ignored me, keeping his eyes trained on Siwon. The man in question smirked and dropped his hand before turning to me with a smile. "I remember when you proffessed you're undying love for me a couple of years ago, If I knew that you were going to turn into such a beauty I would have accepted." He said warmly.

 

I smiled, embarrassed but flattered by his compliment then almost welping when Taeyang's grip around me became somewhat unbearable. I glared at him and untangled myself from his hold. He glanced down at me. "Where are you going?" He said, wrapping his hand around my wrist. I shook him off and shot daggers at him instead. If he was going to treat me like a coat then he better expect me to do what a coat does best, be silent!

 

"I see a little tension going on between the two of you, did you guys fight or...is this relationship not that 'stable'." Siwon asked innocently. Taeyang's hand clenched into fists as he looked darkly at Siwon. They both glowered at each other, sizing the other man up. I rolled my eyes and sighed. I really didn't need this right now. But a tiny smile peeked at the corner of my lips nonetheless. It had surprised me actually, when I first saw Siwon. I had the same reaction as I always did but when Taeyang came walking out -looking all hot and bothered for reasons unfathonable- the surge that went through me made my blush at meeting Siwon again insignificant.

 

Like a pastry display that looks pretty and was meant to be admired but no one bothered to go into the store to give it a try.

 

In that same frame of mind I laid a hand on Taeyang's arm. "We're fine, just he gets jealous very easily." I said to Siwon. I was still not happy that Taeyang asserted himself in such a manner but I decided to go along with it, at least for Taeyang's sake since he looked like he was going to deck Siwon pretty soon. He shot a short surprised, but appreciative glance my way. I did my best to look stern and disaproving but his sharp eyes caught the tiny twitch of my lip as I tried to contain a bubble of laughter from exploding. His glare softened and he embraced me, right there in front of the store, letting passerbys get an eyefull, but more importantly -to him anyway- send Siwon a message.

 

It was like I had no control over my body. I knew it wasn't proper, kissing him like this in public, but I couldn't resist. I melded myself to him and wrapped my arms around his neck as he lifted me off the ground slightly. A couple of 'oohs and aahhs' with an occasional 'oh my god' where whispered as people passed but for once, I ignored them. Right now was my moment.

 

A cough brought me back to reality and I blushed deeply. Darn it, how long was that?

 

"Ten seconds." Taeyang asnwered. I realized I said it aloud and buried my face into his shoulder, mortified to the bones. "It could be longer, if you want to. A change of scenery would suffice though..." he trailed off. With a shock, I realized I completely forgot about someone. "Siwon!?" But the spot where he was standing was empty.

 

I looked around, confused when Taeyang spoke up. "He decided to go along his merry way when he realized that it wasn't me he had to make disappear in order to have you're undivided attention but vice-versa." He chuckled. Embarrassed by my lack of control I just nodded weakly, still held up from the ground. He just laughed and walked us both to his car. I saw a growing crowd of bystanders stop to take pictures of us, I frowned and quickly got into the car. For some reason I had an odd tingly feeling that told me I better put my shades on, so I did and knocked curiously on my window, wondering why Taeyang wasn't getting in. 

 

He motioned that he left something in the store and signed that he would be back in 15 minutes. I rolled my eyes at his retreating back. Left something in the store huh? Yeah right, he was probably going back to grab a hold of some other 'items'. What else could possibly take 15 minutes? 

 

As I sat there, the weight of what just happened descended on me. Siwon, Choi Siwon, the former playboy of my school, the guy that every girl in a 20 ft radius squelled over, the walking speciman of absolute perfection, said that I was beautiful. He even flirted with me. Wow. Did I really change that much? I inspected my now shoulder-length hair, trimmed nails, designer labels, and touched my painted lips. Was putting on a little makeup, doning new clothes, and cutting a few feet of hair really that drastic? I giggled to myself excitedly and pulled out my phone. "Yoona is going to die when she hears this! I can't wait to tell...." I trailed off. 

 

Yeah, the weight of everything that happened was descending on me alright. With crushing force too. I clutched my phone and threw it back into my bag harshly, making a mental note to apologize to the precious item of technology later. I bit my lip and looked out the window, working hard to keep a straight face, but her smiling face kept flashing in my mind. Sniffling, I picked up the phone again and quickly dialed Taeyang's number. He picked up on the first ring. 

 

"Yeah shortcake?"

 

"Taeyang..." I sniffed. "I-I didn't want to call b-but you said that if I cried I s-should call so I-" before I even finished the sentence Taeyang was already running out of the store. Overwhelming sadness engulfed me as the events of the past day finally caught up with me. Losing my boyfriend was one thing but I lost my friend, my best friend. We were even more than friends, we were like sisters. Sobs racked through my body, the phone slipping from my grip as I covered my face with my hands. If the heartache I was experiancing could be described as physical pain, no one could bear it. "Yoona..." I cried. 

 

Warm arms encased me. I hadn't noticed when Taeyang came in. I hid my face in the crook of his neck, grateful for a shoulder to cry on. We stayed like that till my sobs died down, but I was still trembling and I was dead sure my face probably looked freakish. I could feel my mascara running down my cheeks. 

 

"I'm probably not a sight for sore eyes." I joked. It fell flat and any humurous effect it might have held was ruined by my weak voice. 

 

He kissed my forehead and used the sleeve of his shirt to wipe my face. I was appalled and made an attempt to stop him -it was a white shirt- but he just brushed me off and continued. "You're ruining you're shirt. Taeyang!" I protested.

 

He finally stopped and looked at me, boring into my eyes with his own. It felt like I was being swallowed by his gaze. My cheeks flamed so I looked away quickly, trying to reconfigure my thoughts but he grasped my chin and turned my face back to his. "I don't give a crap about the shirt, you're what's important." He carefully wiped up the remainder of the mascara on my cheeks and kissed them both after he finished.

 

"Thank you for calling Dara, you have no idea how happy it made me for you to give me this chance." He smiled.

 

"What chance?"

 

"The chance to make you mine for real."


~~~