Four

Perfectly Insensate

 

 

“They told us you fainted at a park...” Joy was seated on her right.

 

“Who told you?”

 

“What was that about?” Joy frowned, crossing her arms.

 

“I wasn’t feeling well I guess.”

 

“Then why did you go outside on your own, unnie?!”

 

Seungwan cringed at the volume.

 

“Sooyoung ah… Just let it be for now… She’s still not feeling well.” Seulgi chided gently.

 

“No! I won’t let it be!” The youngest shouted back angrily, “She’s worrying me a lot! I can’t be at peace ever since she got admitted to the hospital!”

 

“It wasn’t that serious then, Sooyoung ah.” Seulgi responded calmly, trying to steer the argument away.

 

“Yeah of course.” Joy snorted, “It was just a mere fall down the stairs. Nothing serious at all.” She scoffed, “Look at her now!”

 

Seungwan frowned at those words.

 

Seulgi sighed, “She needs breathing space too.”

 

“I don’t…” Joy sniffed, “I don’t want something to happen to her… Unnie?” She turned to see Seungwan standing up, face pale.

 

“Yah Seungwan ah, what are you-” Seulgi got cut off abruptly when the mentioned girl grabbed at her backpack and strode out of the cafe briskly.

 

“Unnie!!” Joy hastily grabbed her own bag and followed the hurrying girl.

 

“Aish… Those two...” Seulgi hurried after them as well.





 

“Unnie!!” Joy yelled, easily catching up to the troubled looking other.

 

“D-Don’t stop me…”

 

“Son Seungwan!” Joy grabbed her shoulders, looking her in the eye, “What’s going on?”

 

“S-Sooyoung ah…”

 

“Why are you acting so strange like this?” Joy was crying again, “Do you know you’re scaring me?”

 

Seungwan sniffed as tears began filling her own eyes as well.

 

“Unnie…” The younger squeezed her shoulders tightly, “Please tell me what’s wrong!”

 

“I…” She swallowed, “I…”

 

“Yah you two!!’ Seulgi appeared shortly around the corner that they were at, “Stop running off like that!” She tried to nudge Joy’s hands off Seungwan, “Don’t stress her out.”

 

“I’m not letting go. Not until I understand what’s going on.” The youngest answered, sniffing.

 

Seungwan sank to her knees, “I’m scared…”

 

“What are you afraid of?” Joy’s exasperated tone made her want to cry even more.

 

“Those dreams…” She began softly, “Of a car crash… Haunts me everytime…”

 

Joy went on her knees and wiped a fresh tear off Seungwan’s face, “You’ll have to elaborate, unnie...” She murmured gently.

 

“I keep having dreams of being in a car crash accident… with lots of blood and a bloody figure.” Her teeth was clenched tightly together, “There’s also… visions… I see visions of this girl that I can’t remember…”

 

“What do you mean?” Seulgi bent down to their eye level.

 

Joy had another thought, “You’re afraid of the strange dreams you’ve been having?”

 

Seungwan shook her head, eyes shut tight, “Not just that. You said… You said…” She tried to speak properly while panting from crying, “You said I fell from the stairs.”

 

“Yes...” Joy replied slowly, frowning, “You fell from the stairs. Had a head injury and was sent to the hospital.”

 

Seungwan shook her head again, “Did you know… All along ever since I woke up in that hospital… I thought my accident was a car crash.” Her grip on Joy’s hands tightened, “Because the doctor  and my mom... did not correct me during then…”

 

Joy went wide eyed.

 

She felt breathless all of a sudden. Not knowing what to say.

 

“I…” Seungwan was still crying, but silently now, “I have to go ask my mom about this…”

 

“Seungwan ah.” Seulgi tried to get her attention.

 

“How could I be so stupid… I knew she was hiding something from me.”

 

“It’s not your fault, but Seungwan ah… I think we shouldn’t tell your mother yet.” Seulgi had an almost angry glint in her eye.

 

“I think you shouldn’t tell anyone about this too.” Joy pulled Seungwan into a hug.

 

“H-Huh? But…”


 

“I think…” Joy bit her lip, “We should find some evidence first…”



 

“Some solid evidence.” Seulgi added.