Three

Perfectly Insensate

 

She sat at her table, flipping the pen in her hand, notes sprawled all over.

Eyes however was unfocused on the writings in front of her. Her head was a jumbled up train of thoughts.

 

Thoughts of earlier happenings of the day...

 

She rubbed her temples with a frustrated sigh. She really couldn’t figure it out.

What was that even about? A vision? A glimpse of something? Well, people don’t really go about seeing things they shouldn’t see right?

 

Even the scene itself was awkward. What’s with the necklace and balloons? Who was that girl… She shuddered at the cheesy scene she ‘witnessed’ and felt her face slowly heating up. It was like peeking into a very private moment.

 

Yikes.

 

Nuh uh.


 

Turning to her side, she fished for her phone.

Staring at the texting, finger hovering over the keypad… But what is she supposed to say?

 

"Seulgi... Guess what... I had a vision of a girl giving me a necklace and bringing me a whole bunch of balloons. It was freaky but I thought the balloons were lovely." She mimicked with a sarcastic voice.

 

Erm... no. Seulgi would instantly have her sanity questioned. How about...

 

"Seulgi! Help me! I'm being haunted by a long haired gir-" She pretended to squeal and then barfed at her attempt of being the damsel in distress.

 

No way. Seriously?


 

Slumping her head against the table, she let out another heavy sigh. The vision she had of the long hair remained embedded at the back of her eyes... Her head was starting to hurt too.

 

"Mom ~!" She called out suddenly, "I'm going out for a walk! Don’t wait up for me, ‘kay?"




 

Kicking at the scattered leaves on the ground as she walked.

 

The feeling of the breeze against her cheeks was cooling. She lifted her head to look at the overhead branches. The trees loomed over her like magical brown arms.

 

Taking a good look at her surroundings, she blinked. This place felt like deja vu. Like she’s been here before... although she probably don’t remember it.

 

It was confusing.

 

She stared at the ducks in the pond waddling about. A piece of bread floated in between them and they were trying to snatch it away from each other.

 

“One at a time guys…” Seungwan chuckled, “I should bring some bread next time.”

 

She paused for a moment, deep in thought.

 

Exactly...

 

One at a time.

 

Why was she worrying about things that didn’t matter?

People do get weird dreams from time to time. That is from watching too many movies, which she guiltily has. Making some sense out of it, she felt ridiculous that she was even trying to text Seulgi about it.

 

Nevermind that.

 

Important matters first.

 

She took out her phone and dialed a number, “Hey Seulgi ah ~ ” She hummed a response, “And yeah there’s that test next week right? Just wanted to ask if you wanna study together tomorrow?” She chuckled a little, “Okay I’ll text Joy about it. See you.”

 

She plopped down onto a park bench, tucking the phone into her pockets. Closing her eyes, she leaned back.

 

Problem solved.


 

***


 

“Come down already! Stop playing up there!”

 

That sugary voice again...

 

She looked down to see a girl waving at her frantically.

 

“Why don’t you come up instead?” She called out.

 

The girl below deadpanned, “You know I’m scared of heights.”

 

“But I’m up here!” She cheered and reached a hand out, “Come on.”

 

The girl took her hand lightly at first and then it became a vice-like grip when she hauled herself up.

 

“Oh gosh. You’re heavy.”

 

“Want me to shove you down?” She huffed while taking her seat beside the other, “Why do you like this tree so much?”

 

“I don’t know.”

 

“I’m so going to push you down.”

 

She laughed, “You won’t.”

 

“Try me.”

 

“I should just leave you here and go.”

 

The moment those words left her lips, she felt a pair of hands grab at her. Turning around only made her see the pair of eyes that she has always loved to see.

 

“Don’t.”

 

She gave the hands a tight squeeze, “Silly.”

 

“Don’t you dare leave me.”

 

“I would never.”

 

“I won’t forgive you if you do.” She took a glance downwards and then up again.


 

I won’t forgive you if you do…


 

I...


 

Huh!

 

It suddenly felt like fire! An intense heat burning her body!

 

She began panicking as the familiar burnt stench filled her senses again!


 

Won’t…

 

Everything became foggy and grey!

 

She felt like screaming at the intense heat burning her up!


 

Forgive…


 

What’s happening?!

 

Then the scent of blood came again…

 

Blood…

 

Blood came pouring in through the cracks...


 

You…




 

***



 

She woke to a deafening ringing to her ears and a few people gathering from above.

 

“AH!!” She jolted up, “Blood!!”

 

“Miss, are you okay, Miss?!” The middle aged lady was asking.

 

She felt like throwing up.

 

Her heart was racing too fast it hurts.

 

Her head felt like it was on fire.


 

Everything…


 

No…


 

Nothing feels right now...


 

And the last thing she saw again was

 

 

 

 

Blackness...