Regret 2

Regret.

 

 
We walked back to our make up room after the gloomiest encore stage. None of the members showed their playful side today. Everyone was silently cleaning off their make up and resting by the couch, clearly still thinking about him. 
 
I sat on the solo couch and stared at the trophy standing on the table. 
 
'Eric ah, we've got first place for our comeback stage.' 
 
We should be happy. But there's an obvious emptiness in the room. He wasn't there ready for a prowl at Dongwan. He wasn't there to cling on Hyesung. He wasn't there to fool around with Jinnie. He wasn't there to sleep on Andy. He wasn't here to play and talk to me. 
 
The only thing that was in the room with us was his photo. A photo of how happy he was smiling in an CF. The photo was stuck on our makeup mirror as a symbol of his presence. 
 
I looked at my fingers. I used to write 'THIS LOVE' on them a year and a half ago. Now, it wrote 'ERIC'. Tears fell down onto the words on my fingers as I remembered the accident. It was my fault. 
 
Other groups came in and out of our room to deliver their words of sympathy. Everyone had their solemn face on. No one dared or had the mood to fool around.
 
After I cleaned of my makeup, I walked out onto the streets and headed to my manager's car. I recalled the time when I rode on the skateboard and held onto Eric as he ran out into the waiting area. It was fun. Eric had always knew how to lighten the mood and took care of each of the members. I miss him so much. 
 
As I was entering the van, I saw a bunch of fans standing by the fence. Most of them were holding boards. 
 
'Hwaiting SHINHWA!'
 
'You will always be in our hearts.'
 
'We will miss you, uri leadernim.'
 
Leader. Now, we are leaderless. We didn't care to appoint a new leader as a tribute to our late leader. Shinhwa will only have a leader and he is Eric Mun.