Sehun x Suho

☆ EXO - One Shot and Drabble Collection ♛ ♔ ♚


Uhm.. hi. I'm back again after what felt like a hundred years 

I'm sorry guys ;(

 

pls ignore any typos - this is a late night project and English isn't my mother tongue 🙈

got inspired by a short manga story I once red. I hope you guys like it. 

Open for any kind of criticism 

and thx for reading - imma get off to bed now lol 

bye :*

 

 

 

 

Joonmyeon is cute, sure thing. He adores life with every up and down and appreciates even the smallest things in the world. Not a single thing is petty to him. But as cute as he is, he’s also clumsy and weird. And naive, harbouring crushes way too quick and way to deep.

 

_____

„Sorry, I‘m taken... and uhm, not gay“, says Yunho, Myeons latest crush, „but I appreciate your confession, it was cute“

Joonmyeon sighed. „That’s rejection number 12...

But as I know myself, I’ll fall in love soon enough again.

But for now...

I‘M PRETTY DOWN!!!“

 

___

 

Myeon sat on a bench of the playground near his home, where he enjoyed to play a lot as a kid. It was late in the afternoon but he didn’t felt like going home.

Perfect, Myeon“, he sniffed and murmured curses under his shaky breath, „first thing to do on a new year of school is to get the push..“

He remembers Yixing patting his back softly and Minseok handing him some chocolate chip cookies with a huffed „You’ll be fine“

Even my friends are getting annoyed be it... by me. It’s been my ultimate ambition for the years during FE to >not fall in love that fast again< but..-„

Joonmyeons thoughts were interrupted when a handkerchief was offered to him. (Who the still uses handkerchiefs these days?!)

 

„Do you Need..?“

„Eh?“, Joonmyeon sniffed and looked up.„Who...?“

In Front of him stood a cute boy with blonde dyed hair, head tilted and expression a mixture of confusion and worry. The tree casted a shadow on the right sight of his face, the left was highlighted by the sun, made the pale skin glowing and coloured the pouty lips in a pinkish hue.

 

Myeons Heart skipped two beats.

„Ooooh nooooooo!“

Joonmyeon tensed up, threw his hands up just to bury them in his hair, gripping it tightly and stomping his feet like a toddler throwing a tantrum.

„That’s the exact thing you’re not ought to do!!“

 

The boy took a cautious step back.

„Err.. so you don’t need it?“

Joonmyeon blushed, embarrassed, but still took the hanky.

„Uhm... well yes... I’d like to take it“

„He’s kind“, he smiled awkwardly.

Just as he dried his tears did he notice the familiar grey school uniform on the lanky boys body. It’s the same he wore while attending a private high school -

„A highschooler?!“

 

 

But he couldn’t dwell on his thoughts as the boy took him back to reality.

„Why are you crying? Got dumped?“, he asked nonchalantly.

Myeon bit the inside of his cheek and blushed madly.

„Th- thanks a lot. I’ll wash it for you“

„Ah, no Problem“, said the boy and hopped onto the seesaw. „Men just keep one around for a situation like this“, he says proudly and grins. 

He lisps a bit.

Men...“, Joonmyeon snorted, „You’ve ever been told that you seem pretty precocious?“

The boy threw his head back and groaned, „Not precocious but-  UUUWAH!“

The boy shrieked but so did Joonmyeon as he sat down on the other side of the seesaw and hoisted the blonde dude up by just putting his weight on the seat.

„Oh!“, Myeon was startled and made jump.

Thus the boy was crashing down in a second, falling onto his tailbone with a loud thud.

„Ouch!“ he groaned.

 

And Joonmyeon just stood there like a deer caught in headlights. He needed like two moments to collect himself and jumped over to the boy to help him up.

„Oh for gods sake, I’m so sorry!“

The boy just groaned again.

„You okay? Does it hurt?“, Myeon blabbered and gripped the blondes jacket.

„What do you think? Of course it hurts. It’s your fault after all“, he swatted Joonmyeons hands away and stoop up, his backside aching.

Joonmyeon had his hands on him again when the boy winced as he stretched himself.

 

„Oh, he’s tall“

 

Joonmyeon watched the boy closely and the pain seemed to wither as he was shot half a glare and half a pout.

„Did you hurt your cheek too?“, Joonmyeon asked when a reddish bruise caught his eye and he touched the boys chin, turning his head to the side so he could inspect  it.

„You’ve got a handprint on your cheek!?”

The boy just rolled his eyes, to what he got a punch on the arm from Joonmyeon. 

„Wait here“, he told the boy and rushed over to the drinking fountain. He came back with the hanky washed out and dripping with cold water.

They sat down on the bench.

 

„Thanks“, the boy said and  relished in the cold feeling against his admittedly still stinging cheek, a bit water running down his cheek, chin and neck, wetting the collar of his shirt. „I’m Sehun by the way“

„Nice to meet you. I’m Joonmyeon“, Joonmyeon smiled and he could have sworn he saw a small smile on Sehuns lips as well.

„What happened?“, Myeon asked.

Sehun refused to answer first but as Myeon nudged him with his elbow he sighed and told him about a girl at his school thats like two years up and confessed having a crush on him but he rejected her cause „I don’t even know her, like seriously“ and than she called him an and just slapped him. „Crazy Right?!“

„But why are you so mean?“, Joonmyeon interrupted Sehuns heated telling.

„-eh?!“, the boy was taken aback. „What do you mean?! She slapped me!“

„Why did you turn her down immediately?“, Myeon pouted.

„Really now?“, Sehun stood up to gesture wildly, „She drivelled something about >Love at the first sight< and all that bull, but seriously - what’s that?!

She doesn’t even know a single thing about me and makes up some stupid . A- eh?!“

Sehuns words died on his tongue as he heard a sob. He turned to looked at Joonmyeon again and saw the latters tear brimmed eyes.

„Wh- what?! Why are you bawling now?!“, Sehun felt lost at Joonmyeons outburst. 

It clicked just a few moments later, „oh... you t-too...?“

 

Yup.

That’s how it is.

With every guy who kinda broke Joonmyeons heart it was Love on the first sight.

And now that Sehun called it >bull<, Joonmyeon felt stupid and ashamed.

He’s wondering, if all the guys he confessed to thought the same.

 

The boy swallowed a sigh at the sad figure of teary Joonmyeon right in front of him.

„Well ehm...“ Sehun searched for words, for a way to maybe steer this sinking ship into harbour. He scratched his nape, „All the guys that dumped you also didn’t know much about you“

Joonmyeon nibbles on his lower lip and looked at the younger boy who squatted down in front of him.

„Maybe, if they knew you, they wouldn’t have turned you down“, Sehun shrugged his shoulders, „What a waste, right? You’re still young after all“

Joonmyeon let out a disbelieving sound, half a laugh half a splutter.

Sehun tugged at his sleeve, covered his hand with it and gently dabbed the olders cheeks carefully.

Joonmyeon blushed with surprise as he was being ‚pampered‘.

„You should experience a beautiful love“

And again, Joonmyeon let out a disbelieving chuckle and could feel his cheeks growing pink again.

But he also felt a lot lighter now, the pressure on his shoulders was gone and the strain around his heart was replaced by something soft and oh so sweet.

Sehun just looked at him.

Joonmyeon could see that the cute boy will grow to be a really good (looking) and charming man.

He couldn’t suppress a giggle.

„Hm?“, asked Sehun and tilted his head again, watching Myeon expectantly.

„You’re more than precocious, almost geezery!“, Joonmyeon laughed.

Sehuns jaw dropped, „Wh-Whaaaat?! I’ve been told before but whyyyyy?!“

They bickered a bit more before Joonmyeon accompanied Sehun to the nearby subway station and then bid each other goodbye.

Myeon sauntered home with a smile on his face.

 

„>A beautiful love<... will I ever have the opportunity?“

 

 

 

____

Joonmyeon walked to the next lecture with Yixing and Minseok, drowning in his own thoughts. Recalling yesterday’s encounter on the playground and Sehuns cute face and slight lisp.

Yep, he’s got a crush. On a high school student.

 

Joonmyeon sighed, „Oh why? He’s too young, what a waste“

 

„Uhm, Joonmyeon-ssi?“

A faint voice entered his land of daydreams and he snapped out of his trance, looking at his friends. 

Minseok shrugged his shoulders and Yixing pointed at someone behind them.

Joonmyeon turned around.

It was a girl from another class he sees every other day in the hallway or at the cafeteria.

 

„Could I talk to you for a minute?“, she asked shyly.

Joonmyeon made a step towards her and said, „yes, sure“

 

 

 

As he walked home in the afternoon he passes by the playground. He walked towards the gate and scanned the place. Nope, he’s not looking for someone special.

 

 

He sighed and was about to leave when he heard some kids shouting names and „see you tomorrow“‘s.

The „bye, Sehun“ caught his attention and just as a familiar lisp answered, Sehun walked around the corner.

 

„Hi, Sehun!“, Myeon smiled and waved.

Sehun was surprised, „Oh, the heartbroken dude from yesterday. You recovered?“

„It’s Joonmyeon“, the older pouted. „You brat“ 

„I wanted to see you again, I’ve got news“, he muttered what the highschooler seemingly didn’t heard.

Sehun just stuck his tongue out and kept walking towards the subway.

„Why are you taking the train?“, Joonmyeon asked, „Don’t you live nearby?“

„Aren’t you a bit too confiding and pushy?“, was Sehuns counter question.

„Boon and bane“, said Myeon shrugging.

„I’m at the private school a few blocks down“, Sehun answered.

„I know, I attended the same school“, the brunette nodded, „How is it? Do you have to go far?“

„Ah“, now the blonde boy shrugged his shoulders, „About 45 minutes. Every day during rush hours in overcrowded trains, paper-pusher shoving other people around and stepping on feet. Tiring and annoying“, Sehung grumbled.

„Oh, he’s talking like my grandpa“, Joonmyeon hid his laugh.

„But the most annoying is“, Sehun continued and looked sad out of the sudden, „that I don’t really have friends where I live. And my friends from school have so much other things to attend to, like piano lesson, choir, extra art classes, private tutoring. No ones got time to just hang out“

Ooh“, Myeon cooed at the cute pout inwardly but also felt empathy towards the young fellow.

He patted Sehuns back and wanted to console the boy when a bunch of high school boys with a football (pls stop saying soccer, mind you^^’) came running around the corner and dashing towards the playground.

As they ran past them, Joonmyeon acted ubiquitous and snatched the ball.

The boys turned around and complained.

„Ey!“

„What do you want?“

„You’re going to play football?“, Myeon smiled.

„Duh!“

„Yeah, so?“, asked one of the boys.

„It makes more fun with someone good in the team, right?“, he kept smiling and pointed at Sehun, „He’s good“

„Whaaat?! How do you now?!“, Sehun was perplexed.

Joonmyeon grinned, „Basic rule in high school: >Popular boys play Football<“

„Oh really?“, a sleepy looking boy looked at Sehun. They were the same height, „what position?“

„Right Wing“, Sehun answered.

The boy beamed, „great, you’re in my team then. I’m Jongin“

„Sehun“

„Cool. Let’s go, Sehun“

The other boys started running again, but Jongin and Sehun doesn’t.

Sehun turned to Joonmyeon.

The latter smiled, „Have fun“

„But you-“

Joonmyeon just shrugged his shoulders and grinned. He wanted to turn away to go home but Jongin grabbed his wrist.

„Come on, you’re playing with us, right?!“

 

And that’s how it happened that Joonmyeon got dragged along to play football with some high school boys.

 

(„To which high school are you going?“, asked one of the boys.

„Pardon?! Do I look like a high schooler? I’m wearing a uniform!"

„Yeah, so does Sehun“)

 

 

Joonmyeon, out of breath and totally sweaty lay on the bench as Sehun handed him a bottle of water. He needs to start taking  Minseoks offer to work out together...

„So, you knew a few of them?“, Sehun asked.

„Not knowing, but they’re kids from the neighbourhood, so I see them every other day. And they’re kicking here regularly and they’re always seem to be so happy and having fun“

The blonde just looked at the older.

Joonmyeon nudged him, „Love at the first sight isn’t that bad, huh?“, and poked his tongue out.

Sehun mimicked the act.

„Look“, Joonmyeon said and pointed at some people in the distance, „that Mom there, she always sings to her baby while her son plays in the sandbox. Oh, and the girl he’s playing with always shares her toys, she’s so cute. And the guy over there, he’s adorable. He always laughs out loud when he reads mangas while he waits for his girlfriend and-“

„You‘d probably fall in love with the whole world if one let you, huh?“

„Maybe“, Myeon laughed heartily.

All these people are just endearing. Isn’t that the beautiful love you meant, Sehun?“

„It’s getting dark, I should go home“, Sehun mused.

„Yep, you’ll be home late. I don’t want you to get into trouble“, Joonmyeon said as he scanned his watch.

„I won’t“, assured Sehun, „Come back tomorrow“

„Hm?“

„You wanted to tell me something“

„Oh, uhm yes“

„I owe you, so..“, Sehun turned his head away and shrugged.

 

„Was that a >Thank you

 

 

____

„Hey Myeon, you so seem to be in pretty good mood“, Minseok stated.

„Oh eh- yes?“, he laughed awkwardly.

„So“, Yixing piped in, „You gonna curt her?

„Huh?“

„Hana, the girl that asked you out?“

„Oh, well... I don’t know“

„Why not? Just go on a date with her“

„But.. I don’t even know her“, sighed Joonmyeon.

„You always fall in love instantly“, Min threw in, „that’ll go off all right“

„She’s not a guy, but she’s a catch“

„Yixing, he’s bi, he also likes girls“, the oldest of them friends reasoned.

„But he usually crushes on guys“

„IU is a dude?“

 Yixing pouted, „How does that count, everyone loves IU!?“

Joonmyeons Friends Play fought each other as he blanked out.

>You should experience a beautiful love<

Sehuns words run through his mind.

„I fell in love with so many people so often... older schoolmates, classmates, even with some celebrity I saw on tv... 

 

But can I seriously call it ...   love ?“

 

 

____

Joonmyeon actually met Sehun, Jongin and the other kids as he walked home from the sub.

He joined them for a few matches but he couldn’t keep up. He’s just not the football type.

But it was fun still.

 

Sehun and Joonmyeon got along pretty well. They saw each other everyday, sat on the bench and just talked, or Joonmyeon helping Sehun with his homework or treating the younger lad for bubble tea. Sehun taught him how to lob, dribble and juggle.

They had much fun. 

They also exchanged numbers. Sehun threatened to block Joonmyeon after just three days if he doesn’t stop to spam him with emojis.

 

Joonmyeon enjoys every second he spends with Sehun and he knows Sehun does too. Even though he mostly wears a rather stoic expression, he can’t hide that the tips of his ears and cheeks turn pink when he’s excited or pretends that Myeons jokes are lame.

(They are but he still thinks they’re funny for odd reasons).

 

 

Sehun hugged Joonmyeon goodbye one evening, linking their pinkies while doing so, „See you tomorrow, hyung“, he smiled, eyes turning into crescents, making him look so young and so full of life...

 and Love.

 

Joonmyeon wasn’t able to make head nor tail of Sehun, even though he learned a lot about him the past few weeks.

The blonde boy acts so mature all the time. With his stoic expression and smart-alecky statements.

But then he is just the cute 16 years old boy that’s likes football and dancing, bubble tea and desperately wants a dog, who pokes his tongue out and makes faces and whines when he can’t come up with any possible refutation in an argument.

He’s still a very lively boy even with the difficulties he has to overcome at home. Sehun lives in the deprived district of the city. His parents both work full time and his dad even takes two jobs so they can make enough money to send Sehun to the private school.

 

And before Myeon knew what was happening, he grew fond of Sehun.

A lot.

He’s totally smitten.

 

 

___

Sehun texted him on a Thursday afternoon that he catched a cold and that his teacher sent him home earlier.

 


>To: Sehunnie🥰<

No bubble tea then😝

[attachment]

 


>From: Sehunnie🥰<

Not cool hyung -.-*

 


>To: Sehunnie🥰<

😙

Get well quick

 


>From: Sehunnie🥰<

Sure

 

Joonmyeon smiled to himself as he stood on the train on his way home.

He doesn’t like bubble tea that much but teasing Sehun about it was just too tempting not to get one and send him a picture of it.

 

„Joonmyeon-oppa“, called a soft voice.

Myeon turned around. It was Hana.

„Hey“, Joonmyeon greeted her, „I haven’t seen you in a while“

A small smile graced her lips, „You noticed?“, she blushed. „I’ve been in Busan for six weeks. A School project“

„Oh“, Joonmyeon hummed.

They talked for the rest of the ride, got off at the same station and Joonmyeon walked her home, despite Hana blushing and telling him he doesn’t need to.

It went like that the next day as well and encouraged by Minseok and Yixing he actually asked Hana if she’s interested to visit a special exhibition of some German artist on Saturday with him.

 

It was fun and he liked Hana.

They went out for ice cream after the exhibition and discussed a few pictures and sculptures.

„That one picture reminded me of a poem from Walt Whitman“, Hana let out a chuckle, „He’s haunting me“

„Oh, you taking literature class with Ms Shim?“, Joonmyeon laughed cause that name is familiar.

„Yeah“, she sighed, „I didn’t even wanted to. My parents wanted me to“

„I can help you with your homework if you’d like. I take that class too“, Joonmyeon offered.

„So, you talked about Whitman?“, Hana asked.

„And Wilde“, Myeon nodded, „We‘re reading Thomas Mann at the moment“

„I don’t get why Ms. Shim chose these poets. Like I actually don’t want to read about people being gay in the late 19th century“

„I approve her choice“, said Joonmyeon firmly, „She’s raising awareness of same- relations and elucidates the students about the intolerance and bigotry and violence of the prudish society back then. And that it still happens today, that people who are just a lil bit different than the most are getting suppressed, insulted and even attacked. They have to fight for equality, rights and just a place in society“

Hana was stock-still and looked at her friend with widened eyes.

She just nodded cause who knows why and changed the topic to one of the pictures they both found nice.

The conversation turned awkward just as the rest of the date. When they called it a day and Joonmyeon walked Hana home, he apologised for his outburst and explained why he reacted that way.

„I assumed something like that“, Hana said.

„Are you okay with me being bi?“, Joonmyeon asked, unsure and questioning himself.

Hana squeezed his arm, „Honestly, I’ve never been confronted with it. But I still like you, Joonmyeon-oppa“

Joonmyeon nodded and forced a small smile on his lips.

„See you at School, Oppa“, Hana Said and climbed up the stairs to the front door.

 

 

____

Monday again.

The date didn’t change anything at all. Hana and Joonmyeon waved each other at school, talked during their ride home. Except, that he didn’t walked her home, he took the opposite direction towards the playground.

 

He spotted Sehuns mop of hair, it stands out due to the Color.

The blonde stood next to Jongin, talking animatedly about some online game.

Sehun was still a bit sick, quit on playing but wanted to watch for a bit. So they sat down and talked for a while.

They talked about their weekends and Sehun complained that he wasn’t the friend that Myeon went to the museum and shared ice cream with.

„We can go this weekend?“, Joonmyeon offered , laughing as Sehun whined and threw himself dramatically over the olders lap.

„But you already saw it“

„Sehun-ah“, Myeon cooed, „I didn’t know we had only one museum in Seoul“

Sehun grumbled and bit Joonmyeons leg.

„Ouch!“, Joonmyeon shrieked and hit Sehuns shoulder and the younger snickered.

Myeons Hand then adjusted Sehuns scarf so his neck won’t get cold before he buried his fingers in the blonde hair.

Its a bit rough from bleaching and he grew some roots already but it still seemed perfect to Joonmyeon.

„You’re ruining my hairdo“, Sehun said but didn’t do anything to stop Myeon from caressing his scalp.

„For Someone so precocious you’re behaving pretty childish lately“, Joonmyeon teased just to be bitten again.

 

 

„I can’t stay for long tomorrow“, Joonmyeon said as they stood at the subway station.

„Why?“

„Helping a friend with some Essays“, he answered, „but we can get waffles or bubble tea if you want“

Sehun nodded and hugged Joonmyeon, linking their pinkies like always. It became a thing.

„I’d really like that“, Sehun grinned and if Joonmyeons eyes aren’t playing tricks on him, he swore he could see a faint blush on Sehuns cheeks. 

Sehun took a step back as he heard the electronic voice announcing the arrival of his train but kept their pinkies linked, the touch lingering longer than usual.

„See you tomorrow, hyung“

„Yes“, Joonmyeon smiled.

 

 

 

____

„I bought some waffles“, Joonmyeon said as he took his shoes off.

Hana grabbed the paper bag, „Oh from Red Velvet‘s, I love their waffles and cakes!“, she smiled brightly.

Joonmyeon helped Hana working on analysing an essay and write an interpretation.

During a short break, they munched  the waffles.

Hana was curious and asked about Joonmyeon being biual.

He was surprised but told her about it, how he found out, how felt and feels about it and how he explained it to his friends and family.

 

 

____

The week passed just like all the others did since he knows Sehun. 

It became a routine. 

Sehun made new friends, particularly in Jongin, and they met up every day. Sehun thanked Joonmyeon for being >so pushy< the other day, told him that he’s happier since they met.

But now with fall approaching the weather became dankish and the daily football playing was exchanged by other activities.

Sehun tried to drag him along to the arcades once but Jonmyeon declined, saying that the younger should just spend some time with his friends while he catches up on some other things.

„You can ditch them another time“, Joonmyeon laughed as Sehun tugged at his sleeve, „We See each other tomorrow anyways“

Sehun pondered to just whine again but didn’t , „You’re right. I’m excited“, he grinned instead.

Joonmyeon mimicked the grin, „Me too“

The blonde let go of Myeons sleeve and jogged after his friends. 

Joonmyeon was about to take his leave but Jongin called for his attention.

„Hyung, may I ask you something?“, Jongin looked nervous and played with the hem of his jacket.

„Yes sure“, Joonmyeon smiled assuringly.

„Well uhm... I’m .. Lim Hana is tutoring me and she told me- please don’t get mad at her“, Jongin stumbled over his words.

„Jongin, calm down“, Myeon chuckled, „Just spill it“

„Hana-noona is tutoring me“, the tanned boy said after taking a deep breath.

„Yes, I know“, Joonmyeon remembers her mentioning after the boy greeted them as he passed the house when Joonmyeon and Hana stood in the girl’s doorway.

„I asked if you’re dating and she just told me that you’re biual“

„Oh?“, Myeon raised his brows. „What’s about to come now?“

„So?“

„I need some advice“, Jongin muttered.

Joonmyeon looked at the boy and nodded, signaling him to go on.

„W-well.. there is this... Boy. I know from the art school I go to... and I think I got a crush on him?“

Jongin was too cute for words right now, standing there scratching his nape and stuttering and blushing.

Joonmyeon smiled, knowingly, „Did you already talk to him?“

„Yes.. every week. His parents can’t fetch him right after his singing lessons so he has to wait there. My lessons end a bit later than his and I began to stay to wait with him“

„That’s very kind, Jongin“

Jongin smiled sheepishly, „He is very kind. Sometimes he sings for and wow, he has the prettiest voice! And sometimes I show him the new dance moves we learned. It’s pretty fun to be with him“

„So, and what kind of advice do you need when you’re already friends with him?“, teased Myeon.

Jongin pouted, „Hyung... I wanna approach him about it, but I dunno“

„Are you afraid?“

Jongin nodded.

„You see“, Joonmyeon let out a breathy chuckle, „I’m not the best at giving advice, especially on that topic, but I would ask him, if he wants to hangout outside of art school. You could get to know him better and see where it takes you. You’ll learn a lot about yourself as well, Jongin. Be patient. With the both of you“

Jongin huffed and looked at his shoes.

The older laughed, „I know, it’s easier said than done. But try it anyway“

The boy nodded and seemed to be thinking about it. 

Then he looked at Joonmyeon.

„So, you’re dating Hana or what?“

Joonmyeon snorted, „Well, we‘ve been out once“

Jongin just smirked and Joonmyeon couldn’t make out what kind of smirk it was.

„Okay“, said the younger, „imma get going“

Joonmyeon let himself be hugged and wished the boy a great time.

 

 

____

Saturday noon.

Joonmyeon was excited. It’s actually the first day he spends with  Sehun not getting bubble tea or waffles or hanging out on some random bench.

They decided to meet downtown at some popular cafe. 

 

And wow - now Joonmyeon has to admit that Sehun not only acts but also looks more mature not wearing his school uniform. Damn - he looks good!

The younger lad is dressed in a white button-down shirt, black skinnies, sneaker and grey coat and wears a SnapBack and sunglasses.

„Hey hyung!“, greeted the boy smiling.

„H-hey“, Joonmyeon blushed.

„Blame it on the cold!“

„Lets go, I’m excited where you planned to go!“, grinned the other and Joonmyeon could help himself but smile at the boy.

 

They had a great time, Sehun got really thrilled as soon as he caught sight of a knights armour at the entrance of the museum. It hold an exhibition about the Central European protohistory.

In the evening Joonmyeon couldn’t talk Sehun out of getting Pizza and bubble tea.

It was coolish that day, but not cold enough to not stay outside so they sat down on a bench at the Han River, neither of them wanted to go home.

 

„Is it true that you’re bi?“, Sehun asked out of the sudden, „Jongin told me“

Joonmyeon gasped. „Yeah..“, he answered eventually.

„You told Jongin.. but not.. me?“, Sehun asked, voice not hard nor reproachful. Something else lay in it, but it was something Myeon couldn’t make out.

„I-I didn’t tell him. It was Hana.. she’s helping Jongin-“

„With his homework. I know“, the blonde boy shrugged, „but you talked for so long yesterday. What was it about?“

„Uhm..“, Myeon began, but he wasn’t sure if Jongin would be ok with the older telling Sehun, „he needed some advice“

„About his crush?“

„So he told you“, the older murmured. Sehun just stared at him.

„Jongin told me about the boy he likes and asked for advice because he wants to tell him but is afraid“

Sehun raised a brow with a small grin, „And what did you advise?“

„I told him to approach him and ask him if they want to meet outside of art school and get to know each other more and test waters“, Joonmyeon shrugged.

The blonde boys grin widened, „Well at least you didn’t tell him to confess immediately“, he snickered.

Joonmyeon gasped and pouted, trying to hide his blushing cheeks and they started bickering.

 

Despite their conversations and ways being like always, something changed that day.

Sehun kept closer to Joonmyeon, linked pinkies every once in a while, had his hand on his Hyungs lower back when they entered a new room or had to push past other people, as if to assure him he was right behind him. It had something protective and even possessive in Joonmyeons mind, but he got ripped out of his thoughts whenever Sehun pointed at something.

Sehun laid his chin on Joonmyeons shoulder as they stood on a viewing platform and watched the bustle of the city’s nocturnal activities.

Their hug lastet longer as they bid each other goodbye and Joonmyeon could swear that Sehun nuzzled his neck for a second.

 

 

Joonmyeon was tired as he lay in bed, but wide awake at the same time. His body was desperate for sleep but his mind kept wandering into the deep abyss of life and love and Sehun.

He’s never felt like that before.

 

His phone buzzed.

 


>From: Hana☀️<

Joonmyeon-oppa, can we meet up tomorrow? I need some help on the design for my essay ;(

 


>To: Hana☀️<

Sure ^v^ what time should I come over?

 


>From: Hana☀️<

Oh, thank you so much, oppa! :3 is 1pm okay with you?

 


>To: Hana☀️<

No problem, dongsaeng ^w^ I’ll be on time

 


> From: Hana☀️<

You’re the best!

See you tomorrow, oppa:))

 


>To: Hana☀️<

See you ^v^

 

Joonmyeon smiled. He likes spending time with Hana and he likes helping her out. It’s always fun with her.

He put his phone back on the bedside table and turned around, closing his eyes in the aim of sleeping.

But a few minutes later did his phone buzz again. He thought it was Hana again, but it wasn’t.

 


>From: Sehunnie🥰<

Hyung, you’re still awake?


>To: Sehunnie🥰<

I am. Why aren’t you sleeping?😴

 


>From: Sehunnie🥰<

Can’t sleep?

 


>To: Sehunnie🥰<

Nope :/ what about you?

 


>From: Sehunnie🥰<

Can’t sleep either... 🤷🏼‍♂️

 


>To: Sehunnie🥰<

Are you okay? Did something happen?

You didn’t get into trouble cause we stayed out too long??:((

 


>From: Sehunnie🥰<

No.. 

 


>From: Sehunnie🥰<

But?

 


>From: Sehunnie🥰<

It’s too loud in my head, I can’t stop thinking 

My mind’s running a marathon🤷🏼‍♂️

 


>To: Sehunnie🥰<

Hunnie? What’s going on ??


>From: Sehunnie🥰<

Can we meet tomorrow?


>To: Sehunnie🥰<

Yes of course. I’ve got something to do tomorrow but I’m free after it

 


>From: Sehunnie🥰<

I‘m at my aunts first so no stress

Let’s say 4pm?

 

 


>To: Sehunnie🥰<

4pm is fine with me.

Where?

 


>From: Sehunnie🥰<

I’ll send you the location

[attachment]

Is it ok?

 

 

Joonmyeon opened the link and skimmed the maps. It was a playground they passed as they walked from the viewing platform to the train station.

 


>To: Sehunnie🥰<

it’s good

See you tomorrow then :))

 


>From: Sehunnie🥰<

See you hyung


>To: Sehunnie🥰<

Sleep tight, Hunnie :*

Good night ;3

 


>From: Sehunnie🥰<

G‘night

 

Joonmyeon felt giddy and restless.

 

 

______

Joonmyeon walked towards the playground Sehun linked him last night.

He felt somewhat nervous.

He spotted Sehun right away, the blonde boy sat on a seesaw.

Joonmyeon surprised him by pushing the other side down, hoisting the shrieking figure up.

„Ey!?”, Sehun grAbend the handle to steady his body.

„You’re such a lightweight“, Joonmyeon teased and stuck his tongue out.

Sehun rolled his eyes.

„At least one point in which you’re a kid“, the older didn’t stop to cod.

„Let me down, hyung“, the blonde seemed annoyed.

Joonmyeon pouted, „Why are you so petulant?“, and played with his fingers. He spotted some ink on his hands and started rubbing at it, but it won’t even smudge a bit.

Sehun just groaned a bit, „Hyung, do you remember the second day we saw each other? You wanted to tell me something. What was it?“

Joonmyeon didn’t need a single second to think about what Sehun could mean. It was the day Hana asked him out.

„Uhm.. I... i don’t- it’s nothing“, Myeon babbled.

Sehun just raised a brow, not buying it.

„What’s on your hand?“, he asked instead of calling Joonmyeon out on his bull immediately.

„Oh, Ehm.. it’s ink“, he hid his hands in his sleeves as he looked at the younger.

The latter was just staring at him in a way it made him feel somewhat weak and he just had to give in to Sehuns will to get every information.

„I helped Hana with her essay again“

„It’s about her, right?“, Sehun asked, but it was more of a statement.

Joonmyeon had trouble to hold Sehuns gaze. And after he nodded, the blondes expression changed into something so deep and vigorous, a weird mixture of hurt and apathy. Sehun was just so hard to read.

And Joonmyeon had to look away.

„Hana..“, the brunet began, „She asked me out.. I didn’t know her til then, but we’ve been out once and yeah, now I help her with her essays“

„What did you answer her?“, Sehun asked with a sigh.

„I- Uhm.. I didn’t exactly answer her.. I didn’t know- I don’t know what to tell her“

Something changed... I’d usually fall in love on instant but..“

Sehun looked down at his shoes, his voice growing harsh, „Why don’t you send her packing then?“

„... as I spoke to her, she was just so cute.. and now that I know her a little.. she’s fun to be with and-“

„Really now?!“, Sehuns raised his voice and turned his head toward the older with a sharp move, glaring at him with piercing eyes, „here we go again about how everybody is somewhat nice, cute, funny, cool and endearing?“

Sehun jumped a little on his seat and due to the forced weight on it, he lifted Joonmyeon upwards. He kneeled on the seat and kept it on the ground with his whole weight and strength.

Joonmyeon shrieked.

„Seriously now?!“, Sehun shouted, „so It doesn’t really matter?! No matter what anyone says or does for you, it’s all the same to you?!

Even when-“

„S-Sehun“, Joonmyeon was frightened, he hold onto the handle, his knuckles turning white, „Please ... let me down“

„No matter what I do, no matter what I say, it won’t change anything, right?!”, the younger kept going.

Sehun..?!”

„Even if I-“

What’s going on?? My head feels like exploding!“

„Stop it!“, Joonmyeon yelled, „What do you even know?! You’re still just a kid!“

Sehuns face grew indifferent, his posture showing despondency.

„Ah, ok. Yeah sure“, he shrugged, icy, „well, screw you then! I’m just a kid, but I hope you reflect yourself as shallow-brained and superficial“

Sehun stood up with in a second and turned his back on the older and just walked away.

Joonmyeon yelped as he crashed to the ground, falling off the seat and into the damp sand.

„Wha- Sehun!?!“

 

Joonmyeon began to cry bitterly.

„What does he want from me?? That idiot....“

 

 

_____

It’s Friday again.

Sehun is ignoring him.. 

Joonmyeon tried to call him and text him, but got no answer. 

He waited at the subway but to no avail.

He talked to the boys he played football with, but they only saw him on Tuesday at the arcades.

He talked to Jongin, but the tanned boy just said that Sehun told him that they fought and that he’s hurt...

 

Joonmyeon had a lot of time to think about the time he spend with Sehun and how last Saturday and Sunday ended.

Especially Sunday...

 

„I am the kid.. I had nothing to counter.. am I really that superficial?

I don’t even know what I want..

But I didn’t want Sehun to leave me like that... but I just cried..

 

I am the kid“

 

 

Joonmyeon stood in the subway, going downtown, lost in thoughts.

Suddenly someone yelled in the distance.

The brunet looked up and searched for the source of the noise.

„Make way, brat!“, a suited man shoved a boy harshly to the side.

 

A grey uniform and a mop of blonde hair!

 

“>... overcrowded trains, paper-pusher shoving other people around...<

 

...Sehun!”

Without even thinking, Joonmyeon dashed towards the man and grabbed his arm.

“What are you doing?!”

“What do you want?”, shouted the men at him, “let go of me!”

“You need to apologise first or I won’t let you go, sir!”, Joonmyeon screeched.

“Another dumb brat“, the man hissed and grabbed one of Joonmyeons arms, „Kids these days-„

But another hand grabbed his arm as well and yanked it out of the grip of the older man.

He turned his head.

 

„Eh?!“, he gasped, „Sehun?!“

But...“

He turned his head to the other side to the boy who got elbowed by the man in the suit.

It was a boy around Sehuns age and height, also blonde dyed hair. The uniform blazer was grey as well, but looked different to Sehuns.

Oh..“

 

„Listen, dude! Don’t underestimate us kids, okay?!“

Sehun pulled on Joonmyeons arm and away from the scene towards the next door. 

„You too“, he said, grumbling.

 

They kept silent and Sehun kept his hand locked around Joonmyeons wrist.

They got off the train at the next exit.

 

„Sehun...“, Joonmyeon began but stopped as Sehun gazed at him.

„You’re always up to something funny, aren’t you?“, the younger sighed.

Myeon pouted, „Can’t help myself...“

 

They fall silent again and walked around a bit, Sehub leading the way to somewhere Joonmyeon didn’t pay attention to. 

After a while they came to an halt on a platform at the Han river.

 

Joonmyeon was about to call out the blondes name again but the latter was faster,

„Joonmyeon.. Look.. I’m sorry about Sunday and for ignoring you“

„No!“, Myeon interfered, „I’m the one who has to apologise to you. I’ve been so superficial and naive...“

„No please, Joonmyeon! I didn’t mean it like that! I... I’ve just been pretty hurt. I grew so fond of you and I really tried to show you. I thought you may feel the same way, but then there is Hana and you went out on a date with her and you are having crushes on like every person there is.. I thought you only see so little in me as well“

Joonmyeon felt so bad now.

„Sehun“, he said softly, „You’ve no idea how much and what I see in you! You’re smart, profound in character, sincere, honest, considerate. You’re so captivating when you talk about something you like, your eyes are shining and smiling and you get so excited easily it’s contagious.

I know we don’t know each other for that long, but I’ve felt so good spending time with you. I can talk to you about everything without being judged and yeah..“

The older didn’t notice that he turned his face to the shimmering surface of the river. He was probably blushing right now.

But he looked at Sehun again, when the younger lad linked their pinkies.

His cheeks were coloured in a sweet shade of red and he smiled.

„I like you too, hyung“, he grinned.

Joonmyeon reddened even more and whined.

Sehun laughed and hugged the older, snaking his arms around his waist.

Joonmyeon was surprised when Sehun pressed a chaste kiss on his lips.

 

 

_____

„I still can’t believe Joonmyeons dating a high schooler“, Minseok said and dipped in his mocha.

„I still can’t believe I got dumped because of a high schooler“, said Hana.

Yixing snickered, „I think they’re cute together. And Sehun really seems more mature than other kids his age“

Just as he said that out loud, Sehun wailed at Joonmyeon.

„Hyung! You’re cheating!“

„You’re just a sore loser!“, the older stuck his tongue out.

They’re at the arcades and playing some racing car game. Joonmyeon won the fourth time in a row.

Hana and Minseok just shot a look at Yixing who just shrugged his shoulders.