027

Step By Step

027

"Did you get lost?" Onew teased as soon as Minho stepped into the apartment.

"I stopped by the store on the way back," he answered and dropped some plastic bags onto the kitchen table.

"Why?" Onew asked and frowned when he saw the now dirty house slippers that Minho was still wearing. "You dirtied our slippers. Key's going to kill you when he finds out."

"I'll buy him some new ones," Minho merely answered before sitting beside his boyfriend. "We're having a party tonight."

"Is that a good idea?"

"Of course. The only ones invited are you, me, Kibum, and Taemin."

"And when is this party supposed to start?"

"As soon as Kibum wakes up. We're going to help him forget that bastard."

"What happened?"

"I punched him," Minho answered smugly. Onew sighed.

"How many times?"

"Aw, you know me so well, hyung," Minho teased. "Only twice."

"That's a good boy."

"Of course, what do you take me for?" Minho jumped up again. "By the way, hyung, you need to go to the store."

"Why?"

"What's a party without alcohol, duh?"

-

"Come on, Kibum! It's your party and you're sulking!" Minho complained and tried to pull Key off the couch.

"Yah! I'm not sulking and you seem to be drunk already. What a loser."

"Cut me some slack, Kibum. This is the first party I've ever thrown. Personally, I think it's pretty legit," Minho defended himself while moving to the music.

"Puh-lease Minho, even my non-existent pet dog could throw a better party. And he's a dog! Besides, the only ones here are you, Onew-hyung, Taemin, and me. Plus you and Onew are together so that only leaves me and Taemin, and we sure as hell don't enjoy watching you and Onew grind up on each other."

"Sor-ry. I was just trying to help so if it's not helping, I'm just gonna go and grind up on my boyfriend some more," Minho said before walking back towards Onew, who was dancing alone and awkwardly in the middle of the darkened living room.

"Night of my life," Taemin joked and sat down beside Key.

"Right on," Key agreed and turned to look at the younger boy.

"So," Taemin started, "where's Jonghyun-hyung?"

Key's face immediately scrunched up, "He's not here."

"Ah."

"Good thing he's not because if he was, I'd mess him up."

"Hm? Why? What happened?" Taemin asked and brought his cup up to his face for a sip.

"Can I have some of that?" Key asked and reached for the cup without waiting for an answer. "Juice? You goody-two shoes."

"I didn't feel like becoming one of those tonight," Taemin joked and pointed at the drunk Minho dancing crazily.

"Smart move," Kibum said before downing the cup. "Anyway, Jonghyun's a bastard."

"Hm."

"Yeah, I know. Took me a while to realize. I must be messed up, huh? Didn't even know he was playing me until it was too late."

"What do you mean...too late?" Taemin asked unsurely.

"Let me tell you a secret," Key said before leaning over to whisper in the younger boy's ear. "I'm not a anymore."  Taemin just stared as Key leaned back.

"Scandalous, huh?" Key asked before letting out a dry laugh. "What a bad way to lose such innocence."

"Why are we talking about bastard and lost ities, huh?" Minho stumbled back over to where the two boys were. "We should be up and dancing! You especially, Taemin, you're the expert here, so get up and groove it!"

"I'm kinda scared of this Minho," Taemin admitted to Key quietly.

"You and me both," Kibum agreed. Onew came over and pulled Taemin off the couch and Minho did the same to Key.

"Shake a tail feather, guys!" Onew shouted.

"Only you would bring chicken into everything," Key pointed out.

"Chicken? Chicken have tail feathers?"

"Onew-hyung, you're drunk," Taemin said.

"Oh, am I? Haha, I didn't notice."

"Kibum, go dance with the only other loner in this house," Minho said before pushing Key towards Taemin.

"Ah!" Key yelped when he collided with Taemin.

"Are you okay, Kibum?"

"Kibum?" Key asked.

"Yes, Kibum. That is your name," Taemin teased.

"Yes, but only Minho is allowed to call me that."

"Like, I said, you can't run from who you are," Taemin shrugged his shoulders. Key gave him a glare.

"Wanna die?"

"Kibum! I thought I already told you that violence is never the answer! Never!" Minho chimed in.

"Yah! You're the one who punched Jonghyun! Twice!"

"Oh, how do you know about that?"

"You were babbling."

"Ah, the world's such a clearer place now."

"...You're an idiot when drunk."

"Or am I?"

"Never mind, you're an idiot period."

"Hey, that's not nice!"

-

Key woke up due to the sunlight shining in his eyes. He rubbed his eyes and almost screamed when he saw that there was another body in his bed. Upon further inspection, though, he realized that it was Taemin and that they both were still fully dressed. He released a breath of air and carefully stepped out of his bed before walking to the bathroom.

Once he was clean and fresh, Key walked into the living room to find it in a mess. His expression morphed into one of horror and he promptly walked to Onew's room. He swung the door open and walked to the bed that was currently housing two bodies. He found his best friend and started smacking him awake.

"Ah, ah, ah! Yah, Kibum, why?" Minho questioned and sat up, rubbing his eyes. Onew opened his eyes next to him and sat up also.

"My living room. Go clean it. NOW."

"But it's morning! Plus, it's also Onew-hyung's living room and if he doesn't make me clean it, then I won't."

"Choi Minho, think: dead or alive. Which do you choose?"

"If I choose death, can I sleep some more?"

"No."

"Not even if I have a hangover?"

"No. You don't even look like you have one."

"But I do! And it hurts to hear your voice."

"...What?" Key asked lowly.

"I meant it hurts to hear anyone talking. Even Taemin's footsteps walking in here is hurting my head."

"Taemin's what?" Key asked and jumped with a scream when a hand landed on his shoulder. Minho and Onew cringed badly at the loud, high-pitched sound.

"Oh, my bad," Taemin said, holding back a smile.

"Taemin! Do you want to give me a heart attack?!"

"Not if I can't put it back together," Taemin answered slyly.

"Awwww," Minho and Onew both let out.